VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Did anyone else happen to catch this in the Terms of Use and Conditions?  (Read 16974 times)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

REGISTRATION AND SUBSCRIPTION: Registration as a Member of the Service for free. This service includes the chat and instant messaging features in the VitualFamilyKingdom.com environment. There are enhanced Services which are available which require confirmation of age and identity and this requires that you become a subscriber and pay any related fees. This price list is part of this Agreement And We reserve the right, at any time, to change any fees or charges for using the Service. To become a Member, You must register for the Service. When and if You register to become a Member, You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about Yourself as prompted by Our registration form ("Registration Data"), and to maintain and update Your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You agree that We may rely on Your Registration Data as accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if Your Registration Data is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in any respect, We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Service and, in such event, You shall not be entitled to a refund of any unused subscription fees.
So does this mean that eventually we will have to pay to play for enhanced features just like Pirates and other games?
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."

good catch ant, i wouldn't be surprised that this was going to be in the end...

I heart my toaster

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Oh I hope not! If that is the case then I really don't even want to get attached to the game.  :'( :blush2: And here I thought this game was the answer!
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

I read that yesterday myself, off of hearing some invisibles talking about it.

T'would seem our Beta testing and all it entails is free, but after they go live.. (was my take anyway).

So I plan to take full advantage of Beta, cause I probably will have to be terribly selective after that, if they hold to this.  (How were they going to pay the VMK hosts anyway?)

I'm hoping that since a lot of us went to VMK for friends, that it will be enough in VFK too.  But have to wait and see I guess.

( :blush:  I'll be honest and say I didn't post about it myself yesterday, cause I didn't want to cause any of you wonderful friends to "give up so soon", before we gave it a good go.)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Thanks for the find.  :) I have to say King and I thought this might be the way it would shake down in the end. With me in a wheelchair, we consider online activities to be a sort of "family activity" which is why VMK was so special for us. Since we home school, we are prepared to see what the cost will be and what will be included in free play. This may be something worth it for our family, it may not.

We, too, will take full advantage of this Beta period and then see what happens from there. By the way, I am not sure on this, but didn't those terms of service used to read something like "at some point in the future we may add special subscription features"? I thought so and was wondering when they may have changed that.  :??:

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic

I thought they had a company backed them up?

I heart my toaster

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

Well, I would like VFK to be completely free like VMK was. But on the other hand, I was willing to pay-to-play to keep VMK open and I suppose depending on the quality of VFK I would be willing to pay for it.

To be honest, VMK wasn't free anyway. We purchased plenty of movies to get Rewards Points for VMK so we could all have Inferno (which is not working for some strange reason - I even tried it in real but I ended up with a some 1st degree burns). We surely would have booked an extra trip to Disney had they still been offering VMK goodies for doing so, and I know lots of people did this who were playing longer than us.

So, if it means paying a little to have a quality site that's fun, family friendly and lets us interact with our on-line friends in a unique way (like in VMK), I'm OK with that.

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic

Nice find!

However at this point with me and no job I will have to keep it at the free play version when they decide to do that. PLus I think paying for school would be a much better payout at the moment.

KingQuackATac

• Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

Oh and one more thing, one benefit of having to pay for VFK would be weeding out non-serious players (i.e. obnoxious kids) making it a better experience for all. I'm thinkng few in the taken/gimme free crowd will be paying to play.

KingQuackATac

• Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

Nice find!

However at this point with me and no job I will have to keep it at the free play version when they decide to do that. PLus I think paying for school would be a much better payout at the moment.

Maybe we can convice VFK to award scholarships. Won't playing VFK help you in your Major?  ;D

Seriously, you should contact them about this.

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic

Nice find!

Maybe we can convice VFK to award scholarships. Won't playing VFK help you in your Major?  ;D

Seriously, you should contact them about this.

hey it probably could since I'm going for a Public Relations major!  :)
maybe I should contact them about it.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

:idea: Actually, if they want suggestions, a scholarship for some players would be a great idea. It wouldn't just have to be for "kids" only. I think I will send in this idea through contact us after I write out a well thought out proposal for this. They could have a certain amount available and it would be free play for a year at the subscription level. (to be renewed/reviewed each year) Perhaps there could be a form to fill out with some of the "verification" information like age, etc, that they want. It could have a small "essay" type of section explaining why you want to play, reasons pay to play is not feasable, and the way VFK will benefit from your contribution to the community. This would mean only serious players would take the time to apply for a scholarship.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

This has been there from the begining, The developer posted in another location before they lost their mind completely and explained it was included as an incase but that at this early time it is not in their short term plan.  One can never know the direction these thing will take, and even the viability of a a business modle for this operation.  Lets look at what we have.  Technology people with kids that enjoyed VMK shelling out what I would imagine is tens of thousands of dollars to develop a free game they do not intent to include advertising in.  How does this work how can they pay for it.  obviously we will have to wait and see on this whole thing as it develops. For the time being I think the justification is to say their company pulled it off and is capable of amazing things - so basicly a portfolio for their company.  Another posibility that exists is they could sell the game operation to another company that would wish to do other things.  I would not get to worried at this moment any more then will it stay open lets just enjoy being testers for the time being.

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic

Oh and one more thing, one benefit of having to pay for VFK would be weeding out non-serious players (i.e. obnoxious kids) making it a better experience for all. I'm thinkng few in the taken/gimme free crowd will be paying to play.

hmm wouldn't it weed out some of the obnoxious adults too?... there were some adults in vmk worst than the kids playing...

I heart my toaster

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Nice Find Ant! 

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  I'm curious to see all that this game has to offer, and I'd like to see a more finished model of it before I make any concrete decisions.

I would have been willing to pay to play VMK, so if this game turns out to be something worth my while, I don't see why not, if it's within a reasonable amount to me.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic

Personally, I would never pay for that knowing how they take advantage of Disney's VMK's closing to open their game

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

Personally, I would never pay for that knowing how they take advantage of Disney's VMK's closing to open their game
It is very difficult to look at this situation as them taking advantage of VMK closing to open their game.  It's a little like saying churchs take advantage of homeless people when they offer them food clothing and shelter.  Its a free offering, they may need it and it's totaly their choice if they come.  Yes they may have to listen to a prayer or sermon from time to time but again nobody is forcing them except the hunger.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up