VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Yavn Speaks 1/11!!!  (Read 3513 times)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
New Yavn Speaks 1/11!!!
« on: January 11, 2008, 07:07 PM »

B] [/B]

Live and direct from VMK Central with the latest news, rabbits and anything else he can pull out of his hat, the world's greatest magician – ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, heeeeeeere's Yavn!

Happy New Year!

It's finally 2008 and after a relaxing holiday of pie-eating and present opening the entire VMK staff are back making magic – in fact, the guys have been conjuring up some really cool stuff! Like a magical new addition to the Kingdom that we'll unveil very soon.

Maybe you say the hint we dropped last week about where this magical new addition will appear?

With all this talk of magic, you were probably wondering why we hadn't released any of it yet – well, if you were like me, after buying all that cool Gingerbread stuff and a few surprise gifts in December, you're a little short on credits right now. So we delayed the release of the magic items to give you a chance to build up your bank.
   While I can't make credits magical appear, I can help you earn more of them. For starters I've asked the Yeti give us a rundown of where we can find credits (this will be especially helpful for new players) and starting next week we'll be having Fireworks Fridays, where the rewards for the Fireworks remixed game is doubled! (Don't worry we've fixed the bugs with the game - if you haven't played in a while, check it out – it plays better than ever!)
   Plus, we'll have other opportunities for you to earn extra credits, so stay tuned for more info about that. In the meantime, get to playing those games and earning credits!

What's Up Yavn's Sleeve?

Magic! That's what's up my sleeve, and we're finally releasing some of it this weekend! Like the Main Street Magic Shop Table and Hat Trick!

As we work our way through this magical month you'll see both new and old magic released, so budget wisely. Trust me, later in the month you'll want to have some extra credits handy. But be sure and take a look at the Event Info section for a full run down of the items releasing this weekend.

What's Cooking in VMK?

Gingerbread! And our Host have been hard at work judging the Gingerbread Competition and will be working into the weekend finishing the judging. So if your room hasn't been judged yet, don't worry it will be.
   I must say, you guys cooked up some amazing rooms! Myself and the rest of the VMK staff have been really impressed with what you did with those pieces! Speaking of that, I promised you a peek at some of the rooms that made it into the competition, so let's take a few now.
   Remember the contest was a Gingerbread House/Holiday Room Building Competition so that's why you'll see more than just gingerbread houses here – let's take a look at some of those rooms:

FleacircusAcrobat built this nifty house, at first glance it looks simple but check out those awnings and multi-leveled roof work!

What's a holiday without Mickey Mouse? JJfan made this awesome one out of Gumdrops and candy pieces. Ummm, gumdrops.

Several of you built trains with the gingerbread pieces, now that's a great idea! Here's one that was submitted by Engineer! All aboard!

Finally, check out Pluto! Not only did he get a lollipop, but Santa brought him a nice bone too! Nice work jungle-cruse.

These are just a few of the rooms submitted. I wish I could show them all to you but space and time simple doesn't allow me to do that. For everyone that submitted, thanks so much for participating – you did a great job!

Hopefully the judging will stay on track over the weekend and we'll announce the winners next week. So stay tuned&
   The Hidden Mickey Quest
& Other Unfinished Business

Before I go, one more thing I need to mention, in addition to that magical new addition to Main Street we've got other updates coming to the Kingdom. That said for those of you that haven't completed the Hidden Mickey Quest yet, you may want to get going on that, as we'll be replacing the Hidden Mickey Quest with something else very soon.
        Be sure to keep watching the Event Info section for announcements about new releases and join me again in a few days when we announce the Gingerbread Competition winners and more magical news!
  See you in the game,
Yavn

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
Re: New Yavn Speaks 1/11!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:09 PM »

They fixed the bugs in fireworks?... How come every time I try to play it, it still runs like is old lag self?

I heart my toaster

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:37 PM »

They fixed the bugs in fireworks?... How come every time I try to play it, it still runs like is old lag self?

Good One!!

I agree, mostly the same for me too.  I think they may have fixed the "clothing loading" issue.  But the lag is still terrible for me too.  I might be able to get in a few no lag games, but no where near where fireworks games used to be at for me either.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

thealienstitch

• Lag may not be a new item,
    but it is Free and
    only half the calories
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
  • Blood Type: Espresso
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 12:40 AM »

Fireworks fixed? Yeah right, it still has problems when I play it... hee hee Let's hope the Disney Magic is working right this Month hee hee....................Fee
The good old days, the honest man, The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees, A broken wrist and a big trapeze. Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind. 'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine. Before you go, can you read my mind?- "Read My Mind" by The Killers
Pages: [1]   Go Up