VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gingerbread House Contest  (Read 7205 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Gingerbread House Contest
« on: December 25, 2007, 10:12 PM »

:hisign:  Hi all, I wanted to say good luck to everyone that is entered in the gingerbread contest.  I wasn't going to do it, but a friend encouraged me to do it for the special flag they give you after they judge your room.  I have NEVER done this before so I can't wait to see what happens.

I just wanted to wish you all luck and hopefully I can sleep tonight.  I think I am going to worry about it for the whole two weeks of judging, but at least I don't have to try and find things for it anymore.  The building is done and over with!  :yes!:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

P.S. Who else is entered in it?
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
Re: Gingerbread House Contest
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:01 PM »

I did, My room sucks though.... This room took all of my credits :( I needed to use my mule to buy my pin this past weekend....

I heart my toaster

PinPrincess

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 07:15 AM »

I entered as well and made a small gingerbread house.  :type: That roof line was enough to drive me to drink!  :drunk: Good luck to all who entered and I can't wait to see all the great rooms! Have a great day all!

Pin ;)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 08:15 PM »

I have entered as well.  Though I have not been judged yet.  We do have like weeks yet before it's all done.

I am not a great room builder by any means, but it was fun trying anyway.   :)   I had a vision, and stuck with it.  So that's what matters most to me ... That I actually accomplished something that I set out to do!

Good Luck to Everyone that has entered!!

- Astro
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

JEDIYODA

• When 900 years you reach,
    look as good, you will not.
  • Fireworks Magic
    • CAJUNWDWFAN's Myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 05:25 AM »

I also entered and was judged by Host_Lily. It was nice to chat with her. I'm glad I was able to be there when she came.

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 12:33 PM »

Jedi, you're the second person who has mentioned Host Lily has visited to judge your room while you were present.  Another friend said both Lily and Phinny came in at the same time.  Did they happen to mention if they are trying to visit contestants while they are in their rooms?  Thanks!

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 03:54 PM »

Mine was judge yesterday and I was told that I probably just missed Phinny by a minute or two. A friend told me they saw my room open but I wasn't on vmk. So i popped into my room and sure enough, there was the flag so it must have been Phinny judging my room and dropping off the flag. So I really think it is a coincidence if you just happen to be in the room when they enter.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 04:51 PM »

Thanks Ant!  I didn't think you had to be on VMK for them to enter.  Besides, I'm not sure if I would really want to see them, I would probably too nervous and say the wrong thing!  Instead of leaving a flag, they would probably take something away!!  ;D

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 04:58 PM »

Thanks Ant!  I didn't think you had to be on VMK for them to enter.  Besides, I'm not sure if I would really want to see them, I would probably too nervous and say the wrong thing!  Instead of leaving a flag, they would probably take something away!!  ;D

I was thinking the same thing about me Cloudy. I really wanted to be there but after I thought about it, I figured they would rather look at the room without any one in there anyway. Just sort of get in, and get out quick to judge other rooms.  :trophy:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 06:58 PM by Antjewel »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 06:37 PM »

They judged my son's room yesterday, and he was not there.

I have not been in yet today to see.. but as of last night, mine had not been judged yet.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

JEDIYODA

• When 900 years you reach,
    look as good, you will not.
  • Fireworks Magic
    • CAJUNWDWFAN's Myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 10:58 PM »

Jedi, you're the second person who has mentioned Host Lily has visited to judge your room while you were present.  Another friend said both Lily and Phinny came in at the same time.  Did they happen to mention if they are trying to visit contestants while they are in their rooms?  Thanks!

Yes Lily judged me and Phinny came in later to visit for just a moment. They most certainly will chat with you if you are in your room at the time.

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 12:55 PM »

They judged my son's room yesterday, and he was not there.

I have not been in yet today to see.. but as of last night, mine had not been judged yet.

Judge not, lest ye be judged. :lolp:

My room is a mess.......I ate all the cookies, and there are crumbs everywhere........

OH, you meant my room in VMK. :rofl1:

Haven't had a chance to do much there other than log in for a few minutes every week or so to see if the place is still there. Not even made a full "credit run" in the last few months. Too much stuff and not enough time, but I try and send a hello message if I see anyone on the friends list there while I'm on. :grouphug3:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

BriarLori

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 10:39 PM »

Mine was judge yesterday and I was told that I probably just missed Phinny by a minute or two. A friend told me they saw my room open but I wasn't on vmk. So i popped into my room and sure enough, there was the flag so it must have been Phinny judging my room and dropping off the flag. So I really think it is a coincidence if you just happen to be in the room when they enter.

I heard so many great things about your room, but I haven't been on when you had it open. I want to see
your room, dag nabbit!  :woot:     Fin came to my room today, and I took LittleBelle's advice and locked my
room soon after.  I'm so glad I did because the minute I opened it back up again, I had a flood of strange kids
come into my room. 

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 10:42 PM »

I have a purple flag in my room now too.  Not sure when, or who judged my room though?  It had to be sometime Friday, as I wasn't on vmk at all.  Or, sometime on Saturday morning or afternoon, of course when I wasn't around either.

So at least I know it's done.  :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 05:44 PM »

I heard so many great things about your room, but I haven't been on when you had it open. I want to see
your room, dag nabbit!  :woot:     Fin came to my room today, and I took LittleBelle's advice and locked my
room soon after.  I'm so glad I did because the minute I opened it back up again, I had a flood of strange kids
come into my room. 

Ok Briar, the next time I am on I will find someone that has you on their list and have them let you know its open.  :pcapt:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 06:31 PM by Antjewel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up