VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunday Quest, VFK Astronomy Quest 2016!  (Read 1144 times)

Tigerbella

• Or maybe I just watched too much tv as a kid...
    I love LAG.. I build for it
  • Bat Magic
Sunday Quest, VFK Astronomy Quest 2016!
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:42 AM »

VFK Astronomy Quest 2016!
7:00 A.M. Pacific Time Sunday, April 24th, 2016 to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time Monday, April 25th, 2016.

April is Global Astronomy Month! April 28th will be National (and International) Astronomy Day, where in-the-know astronomers share their knowledge and appreciation of the stars with the astronomy curious! Public events sponsored by Astronomy clubs, observatories, planetaria and museums, bring astronomy up close to the public, and help to foster interest in the universe, with hands on workshops, activities and presentations! Looking back at important figures in astronomy, we recognize the major contributions of many great men who risked their lives in the name of science. On today's quest, let's look at some of the achievements of these great men, and their contributions to Astronomy!

Your reward for completing this quest will be 1,000 credits, and a Saturn Hat!

Tatiana SilverHeart

• I LOVE karma!
    Gimme, gimme! Please?
     Pirate in training
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Pirate Cannon Room
  • I love learning about VFK!!!
VFK Astronomy Quest 2016!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 07:59 AM »

Welcome to The VFK Astronomy Quest 2016!
Sunday, April 24th, 2016

April is Global Astronomy Month!  April 28th will be National (and International) Astronomy Day, where in-the-know astronomers share their knowledge and appreciation of the stars with the astronomy curious!  Public events sponsored by Astronomy clubs, observatories, planetaria and museums, bring astronomy up close to the public, and help to foster interest in the universe, with hands on workshops, activities and presentations!  Looking back at important figures in astronomy, we recognize the major contributions of many great men who risked their lives in the name of science.  On today's quest, let's look at some of the achievements of these great men, and their contributions to Astronomy! 

Your reward for completing this quest will be 1,000 credits, and a Saturn Hat!
Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all. 
   Written by Emily Dickinson
Pages: [1]   Go Up