VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/1/2010 Best Halloween Space Competition Winners!  (Read 9004 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
11/1/2010 Best Halloween Space Competition Winners!
« on: November 02, 2010, 02:45 PM »

Best Halloween Space Competition Winners!

November 1, 2010 5:45 PM

Hello everyone. When we launched this competition it was discovered that all of us at the SmallWorlds Chronicle Head Office felt a little nervous to judge this particular competition. As the entries came in, it became obvious that whomever the task fell to was going to have to be made of pretty strong stuff to visit all these rather knee-knockingly scary spaces!

In the end it was I, Kent Kronkite, who volunteered for the rather scary task. I can assure you that I really needed to steel myself when visiting some of the spaces! What a marvelous job you've all done - my thanks to everyone who entered the competition. If you'd like to take a tour of these spaces to give yourself a scare, visit the original competition forum thread.

As difficult as it was to choose three winners, choose I did and here they are!

Winner: Skyes Sinister Lair

By Skye Bleu

Visit this space now

You can view Skyes original forum entry here

Skye's Sinister Lair has that definite gothic feel to the decor. Being forced to travel from room to room through a hallway of fire only adds to the unsettling atmosphere. Don't linger too long though - the background music steadily descends from slightly creepy, to downright eerie. Thunder, crackling and howls become snarling, monstrous sounds that will have you reaching for the mute button!

Congratulations Skye on such a fantastic entry! You win 5000 Gold and your space is now Featured!

Runner Up 1 - The Alchemy Institute of Unnatural Arts and Gift Shop

by John Fourteensix 2nd

Visit this space now

You can view John's original forum entry here

The Alchemy Institute of Unnatural Arts and Gift Shop is not a school for the faint of heart - "only the best survive." Roam the campus' various student facilities and classrooms, but beware of the other worldly creatures you may encounter!

Congrats to you also John - you win 3000 Gold!

Runner Up 2 - The Dungeon

by The Deliveryman

Visit this space now

You can view The's original forum entry here - (please note that his entry  pictures were kindly posted by Dances Withfire, his entry is however on the same page)

The Dungeon is a terrifying space - filled with the bones of those who have perished, unable to free themselves. Be careful where you sit - remains litter the floor and walls of this frightening place. The Deliveryman has all the fires and chests timed; they go off one by one, leaving you in the pitch black again - it's great!

A great entry The Deliveryman, winning you 3000 Gold!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:48 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up