VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just need to vent a little..  (Read 8591 times)

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
Just need to vent a little..
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:04 AM »

Okay.. :rantsw: :uhuh3:

I had no idea a person could so utterly annoy me within the time span of one day.   :madder: :mad: >:[  I can usually remain calm, but wow she really got to me. She made friend request two nights ago  after I helped with hunt clues, and I thought sure why not.  Well I didn't speak to her again until last night for a couple of minutes and she seemed nice enough.  Then today ( i was afk on and off during the day), she kept messaging me all day asking me to go to her or her friends rooms etc., and I kept declining.  Finally by last message, I was pretty annoyed and I just didn't answer it.  She did stop messaging me....

but then followed me...  She asked me if I was mad at her and I said I wasn't, but she didn't reply and walked away.  So I started to head to one of the lobbies (was playing pirates) and as I was about to leave she starts 'yelling' at me?!   :tomato:
In front of everyone she starts saying things like, she can't believe I did this to her (:??:), that I am so mean, and that she never wants to see me again (:??:)!  Seriously, it sounded like she was in the middle of a break up scene or something!
I was not going to argue with her so I just told her, ok.  Then she follows me into the game, and starts telling me that she didn't write that that she just saw her sister exiting the room.  And goes on to ask if she said anything to me.  When I tell her I'm not so sure I believe her, she gets angry saying how can I not believe her, that I am her best friend (:wtf?:).  When the game ended she left and started messaging, yet again.  Well to cut through the :rant2: by her last message (still can't figure out why I didn't just delete her then and there)  She was still insisting I was her best friend and that she couldn't believe how lucky she was that she found me ( :wtf2:) And ended by telling me, and I quote, "ill be at the place we met last night" "meet me and dont bring anybody"!!!  I can't even describe how creepy this sounded!!  :crazy2: :crazy2:

At first I was annoyed but by the end I was just trying to run in the opposite direction as fast as my little virtual feet could go.
I'm glad to have gotten that out.  Wow not so little after all, I guess.  :shy:

Well its safe now..  :rantsw: rant off.   

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
Re: Just need to vent a little..
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:46 AM »

Sorry this happened to you.  Sometimes online friendships can get creepy.  A few years back when I first started playing VMK I ended up in a bad stalking relationship with someone that pretended to be a kid and who I thought was a kid.  Was not.  It went on for a year before I realized what was happening.

Please take care of it now and delete her right away.  Don't "feel bad" for her (honestly, it may not even be a "her") and let it continue like I did.

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:27 AM »

Most on VFK are kids and I do expect things like that. Once I help out-- like I did last night. Someone wanted help for the Hunt, and btw- not sure if she completed it or not as she made a poof on me. I usually delete right after helping. Also, if they start doing those messages, I simply say, "Sorry, I am too busy" (usually am) and then delete. The kids find each other in game and then can help themselves. I will help anyone in need in the game, newbie, kid, adult.

The thing that makes me want to explode my head is that some people "claim" they are new to do the "Help me" pleed and are pulling one's leg. I have informed staff if this occures again- (it has happened several times) that the person will be reported and the main account holder will be banned. Pix does not kid around.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Mystery-Red

• so anal I thought I would
    share with everyone
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:35 AM »

delete, delete, delete - report, report, report - ignore, ignore, ignore
the three best things on this game lol

so sorry but stop it now or it will just continue

You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
DeliciousWenchous

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:32 AM »

i had an annoying incident last night as well. after the easter basket ordeal, i created a couple mules so i can have extras just in case. anyway, i was doing my quest for fairy magic and was on the main map. my mules' title is team_jacob (from the twilight books.) well a girl says the title and made a comment like 'oh i love team_jacob, he is hat'...blah blah. i just kinda agreed. i saw another person on the map with a hat i did not recognize and i asked what it was. she said it was an alien hat and at first i was confused thinking there was a new hat i had not seen. it was actually the alien eyes headband. i guess since it was so small, i couldn't make it out.  anyway, the girl who talked to me about twilight asked to be a friend, so i agreed. i usually do not add friends unless i know them but i figured we could talk twilight. right after i added her as a friend she asked to trade. sigh. so, i okay'd it. she said she had lots of the alien hats and she would trade me one and she was looking for rare stuff. obviously since this is a new mule, i had no rare. plus, i wouldn't trade rare for an alien headband anyway. (is there already rare items in vfk?) i told her i would have to pass and she said ok. i went about my business to finish the quest and headed towards the mazes. she followed me. then me im'd me. saying she really needed to get rid of the "alien hats" and was asking me what all i had, asking if i had quest items, or scavenger hunt items...all kinds of stuff. i told her i was new and didn't have much and i would pass because i would like to keep the few things i had, that i would wait until i amassed more items...and she kept on and on and on. finally, she gave up and said she had to go. i was trying really hard to be nice to this girl and i want to delete her from my friends for fear she will do this again, but then again, if it is a kid i would feel bad.  :notme:
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25 AM »

:hug:
Well first off thanks for even reading it all.  Turned out much longer than I thought at first.

Pink- First, Wow. I was feeling bad about deleting her... until that last message.

I have already deleted her and if she keeps trying to bother me I am prepared to report her.

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 09:02 AM »

SleepingBeth, if you need that "Rare" Alien hat, I have extra. Let me know and its yours FREE! LOL.

I am getting lately the trades with "Do you give free?" Sometimes I want to say, "Sorry, I do not give clones free."
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:55 AM »

Been there.  Done that.  Bought the franchise. :hmm:

First, some 'Flame' rules (not firm rules, but basic guidelines):

1)  no 'guest' friend requests are accepted.  Seriously...you get a list of 10+ guests in your friends list and you have NO idea where you met them or who they are.  Complete waste of time friending guests.
2)  I only friend people after I get to know them a bit first...isn't that how we become friends in real life?  getting to know others first?  Usually I receive several friends requests during a day of playing the game.  I never reject the request right away.  I will hit the 'X' on each one...then reject them when I log back in (since they pop back up for your approval again).  Too many people who go on the map and try to friend everyone on the map.  Blech.
3)  my personal viewpoint on helping ppl in game does not include taking a person by the hand and showing them where something is...unless it's REALLY a hard to find place.  Most places ingame are ridiculously easy to find for even the youngest kid just by following verbal instructions.  (hey, most of us learned things the hard way and with NO help)
4)  since it's becoming so much more frequent with people 'playing games' with other people while using their clones, I assume that most people that try to trade me or ask me for help are clones...not new people.  that may sound harsh, but have seen it happen too often now that the 'new person' is actually an 'old person' who is bored and using their hidden identity to either pick on someone they don't like or just get some weird kicks.
5)  if a person I friended starts bothering me, they're warned.  if they find me again in game and bother me again, they're toast.  if they bother me again, they're reported.
6)  trade request:  most of the time those are bogus, and someone just wants to ask a question or something else.  I usually say that I don't accept trades and ask them if there was something they wanted to say (besides "I think you're cute", "I love you", etc.).  :hmm: (if they can't say it in public, then chances are I don't want to hear it in private)
7)  in general, I go by 'gut feeling'...and I don't wait long to take what I feel is the appropriate action. 

The above may sound harsh, but I play the game to enjoy it, too.  I don't have the time, energy or patience to deal with ppl playing head games with me. People coming to me asking for free...wearing B1 shirts and packing Q magic on their lanyard.  Puhlease...  Too many weirdos around.  I have one last rule that is again probably harsh for some, but it is a firm rule with me:  I don't friend guys who play girl characters and vice versa...I also don't friend adults who play kids (I'm talking about as a main character which is also their primary character).  I recently found out about 2 people on my friends list who are doing this.  They are now toast.  Sorry, but that just weirds me out.  I have no problem with clones playing the opposite sex (I have several girl clones myself...but I rarely speak to anyone while using them and they accept no friend requests...except 'Sheesh'.  lol), but I do have a problem with adults pretending they're very young kids.

In the end, be careful who you friend.  That person may haunt you.  Be wise and treat the accepting/rejecting process seriously.  Some people can be VERY hard to get rid of.  Keep your eyes open and don't be hesitant to check people out first (peek at their lanyard).  WAY too many major players changing their main titles repeatedly.  Hard to know who anyone is anymore.  I've already made a couple people aware of someone who is an 'old player' on VFK going around 'playing dumb' and asking people for directions to places (like Space Age...this was after I had already seen them there earlier...besides, if anyone knew where Space Age was it would be them) and asking for continuous help on scavenger hunts.  This person is packing a large amount of memberships...and obviously knows their way around.  "Humankind is so predictable"? Not everyone resides under that blanket statement.  I think "Some people are so predictable" is closer to the truth.

I know everyone has their own way of helping/friending/etc.  The above is just what my stance has become...after learning too many times the hard way.  Always sorry to hear the horror stories like Verenice and the others posted above.  (hugs)

Flamanar...JMHO
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:36 AM by flamanar »

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:02 PM »

SleepingBeth, if you need that "Rare" Alien hat, I have extra. Let me know and its yours FREE! LOL.

I am getting lately the trades with "Do you give free?" Sometimes I want to say, "Sorry, I do not give clones free."

thanks but apparently that is the one "rare" item this clone already has. lol
guess i should have told HER that...maybe then she would have deleted me as a friend.  :lolg:
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:00 PM »

thanks but apparently that is the one "rare" item this clone already has. lol
guess i should have told HER that...maybe then she would have deleted me as a friend.  :lolg:

I'm more evil, I actually show them. "You mean this?" And show the item they try to offer. LOL.
ScarlettPixie

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 02:22 PM »

Gosh Pix, I've done that "you mean this" as i show them too!  :lolg: Usually, it is after I tell them I'm not interested- but they insist that I am.   :uhuh2: That's when I show them - usually they leave me alone then.

Yes, I think a lot of us have had a stalker or two in games previously - so I am careful (from experience) in accepting and have no problems in hitting that "delete friend" later if needed by me. Sometimes they are deleted because they stalk my other friends.

Flame, you're Rule 6 - yep, I reject those trade requests except in rare circumstances. Then sometimes I wish I had hit reject trade- but that "end trade" button is wonderful!

I agree with Flame, got to go with your gut feeling - if you're not comfortable then hit that delete; hopefully that will take care of it.  If not, report button is next.

Here's hoping I am not on "toast" list  :shy: :lolg:

Hope everything works out ok for you all - hugs!  :bighug:

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 02:29 PM »

:shy:So where IS that "no trades"button anyway??
I really don't care to trade-not good at it-don't have stuff anyway..goodness it gets tiresome!
Sometimes I just run and hide!
Love the late evenings with folks I know and trust. :drinkingtoast:

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 02:57 PM »

When they ask if I am trading Q magic, I say, Yes. Only for Mr Gobbles. And that shuts them up. :rofl1:
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 04:50 PM »

Fun:  yer safe. lol

Paws:  well said...and agreed :)

Pix:  you crazy!  LOL

Flamanar...-the red button calls to me... :hypno:-...

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 05:06 PM »

Been there.  Done that.  Bought the franchise. :hmm:

First, some 'Flame' rules (not firm rules, but basic guidelines):

1)  no 'guest' friend requests are accepted.  Seriously...you get a list of 10+ guests in your friends list and you have NO idea where you met them or who they are.  Complete waste of time friending guests.
2)  I only friend people after I get to know them a bit first...isn't that how we become friends in real life?  getting to know others first?  Usually I receive several friends requests during a day of playing the game.  I never reject the request right away.  I will hit the 'X' on each one...then reject them when I log back in (since they pop back up for your approval again).  Too many people who go on the map and try to friend everyone on the map.  Blech.
3)  my personal viewpoint on helping ppl in game does not include taking a person by the hand and showing them where something is...unless it's REALLY a hard to find place.  Most places ingame are ridiculously easy to find for even the youngest kid just by following verbal instructions.  (hey, most of us learned things the hard way and with NO help)
4)  since it's becoming so much more frequent with people 'playing games' with other people while using their clones, I assume that most people that try to trade me or ask me for help are clones...not new people.  that may sound harsh, but have seen it happen too often now that the 'new person' is actually an 'old person' who is bored and using their hidden identity to either pick on someone they don't like or just get some weird kicks.
5)  if a person I friended starts bothering me, they're warned.  if they find me again in game and bother me again, they're toast.  if they bother me again, they're reported.
6)  trade request:  most of the time those are bogus, and someone just wants to ask a question or something else.  I usually say that I don't accept trades and ask them if there was something they wanted to say (besides "I think you're cute", "I love you", etc.).  :hmm: (if they can't say it in public, then chances are I don't want to hear it in private)
7)  in general, I go by 'gut feeling'...and I don't wait long to take what I feel is the appropriate action. 

The above may sound harsh, but I play the game to enjoy it, too.  I don't have the time, energy or patience to deal with ppl playing head games with me. People coming to me asking for free...wearing B1 shirts and packing Q magic on their lanyard.  Puhlease...  Too many weirdos around.  I have one last rule that is again probably harsh for some, but it is a firm rule with me:  I don't friend guys who play girl characters and vice versa...I also don't friend adults who play kids (I'm talking about as a main character which is also their primary character).  I recently found out about 2 people on my friends list who are doing this.  They are now toast.  Sorry, but that just weirds me out.  I have no problem with clones playing the opposite sex (I have several girl clones myself...but I rarely speak to anyone while using them and they accept no friend requests...except 'Sheesh'.  lol), but I do have a problem with adults pretending they're very young kids.

In the end, be careful who you friend.  That person may haunt you.  Be wise and treat the accepting/rejecting process seriously.  Some people can be VERY hard to get rid of.  Keep your eyes open and don't be hesitant to check people out first (peek at their lanyard).  WAY too many major players changing their main titles repeatedly.  Hard to know who anyone is anymore.  I've already made a couple people aware of someone who is an 'old player' on VFK going around 'playing dumb' and asking people for directions to places (like Space Age...this was after I had already seen them there earlier...besides, if anyone knew where Space Age was it would be them) and asking for continuous help on scavenger hunts.  This person is packing a large amount of memberships...and obviously knows their way around.  "Humankind is so predictable"? Not everyone resides under that blanket statement.  I think "Some people are so predictable" is closer to the truth.

I know everyone has their own way of helping/friending/etc.  The above is just what my stance has become...after learning too many times the hard way.  Always sorry to hear the horror stories like Verenice and the others posted above.  (hugs)

Flamanar...JMHO

Can I get the "Cliff Notes"?  :roflmao:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 07:53 PM »

No Flamanar, I am not crazy... I am EVIL! Enigma has clearly stated this. >:D

King, forget the cliff notes! Just buy the Book on CD.
ScarlettPixie

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 08:50 PM »

:notme: So are Cliff Notes "out" now??
I loved those little things..Ok so I just couldn't read all that Shakespere..I admit it..
(Just don't tell my grandkids..they think I was smart  >>I think..)

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 09:32 PM »

Can I get the "Cliff Notes"?  :roflmao:

LOL!  :rofl1: King, I can answer that question in one word: "First of all..."  DOH!  :doh:

Flamanar...someday I hope to fill an entire webpage with words...  :lolg:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 12:27 PM »

Sorry to hear about your stalker, Verenice.   :hug:

If I've learned anything from VMK...it's made me a lot smarter online, and how to play online games.  VMK was my first, and boy was I a NEWBIE!  I think we've all been burned by people online who we thought we our friends, thought they were someone they were not, etc. the list of stories goes on right?!   Me included.

Yep, I'm a meanie too.  I rarely accept random title friend requests.  I rarely accept random trade requests (unless I'm in a trade room of course!).  I have to totally agree with the not accepting Guest friend requests (unless it's a friend's clone, etc.)  I seriously would not be able to remember who is whom, with a Guest title.  I still have a bunch of Guest friends on my list, from Day 1 that will stay for now.

I think we all do our bit to help people out, I don't think anyone is against that.

Where or where is our turn off trade and friend requests button -- or at least have the friend denial button to work correctly!   :laugh2:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 01:52 PM »

Well, now I have one.... :rofl1:

I am going into hiding.... :waveb:
ScarlettPixie

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up