VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/24 Host Hunt on right now, Harmony just put up message  (Read 3580 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

For those who play this, title says it all.  Good luck!   ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 5/24 Host Hunt on right now, Harmony just put up message
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:35 PM »

Sigh.  At the risk of sounding like a chronic complainer by now....I SO hate these reverse hunts. 

There is little to no communication from Harmony. 

Everyone ends up sitting around wondering what is going on.

How exactly does Harmony decide 'randomly' where to go next and which room to visit???  Does she roll a dice?  As far as I know, she is aware of who is in each room before she actually goes there....which obviously lends a 'hmm' to the hunt...

Worst of all: no announcement that the game even ended tonight!!!  That was beyond awful.

As far as I'm concerned, they need to abandon this type of game.  It is beyond ridiculous.

Flamanar...personal opinion as always.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 11:46 PM »

Thanks for posting Ducky.   :hug:

Eeek, I missed this too.  I am completely lost when they do this Event, so it's probably just as well.   :lolg:

on a side note I did find one of those Host pins in a trade room, I traded 10,000 for it  :shy:  ~ probably a horrible trade - maybe it's worth way less, but being the virtual VFK pin collector I am -- there was no way I was not going to try my hardest to trade for the darn thing!  So I'm a happy camper, since I found it!  Reminds me.... - runs off - To update the VFK section with a picture of the pin, and saw some dude in the room with the Host Hat on too.

Good Luck to All with this type of Event.   :clapping:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:16 AM »

Because of this hunt, I actually became ill(no joke) last night and left. I could not handle anymore! We were all confused, waited for hours! Three exactly!!!! in my Beach room and no show! I had several friends in there who were wishing for the hats or pin! And like a good friend, I was not going to say, I found Host Harmony, so someone else could take the prize. I have never complained on VFK... but this took the cake! No annoucements, not even... "Harmony is still out there, so be on alert" or no "Hunt is over" I could had finished my Scavenger Hunts while wasted my time in the room. Then the interent went down at 11, so I closed the computer and went to bed. If there is another hunt like this today, I will refuse to participate!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:31 AM »

I refused a long time ago. rofl. Only by fluke did I end up with a host pirze rofl.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 07:37 AM by littlebelle »

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 10:22 AM »

Because of this hunt, I actually became ill(no joke) last night and left. I could not handle anymore! We were all confused, waited for hours! Three exactly!!!! in my Beach room and no show! I had several friends in there who were wishing for the hats or pin! And like a good friend, I was not going to say, I found Host Harmony, so someone else could take the prize. I have never complained on VFK... but this took the cake! No annoucements, not even... "Harmony is still out there, so be on alert" or no "Hunt is over" I could had finished my Scavenger Hunts while wasted my time in the room. Then the interent went down at 11, so I closed the computer and went to bed. If there is another hunt like this today, I will refuse to participate!

Aww Pix :(   :grouphug3: :grouphug:  Sorry to hear that.  Everyone was wondering what happened to you!  Sigh.  I don't know about anyone else, but I did send pretty much what I posted here to VFK using the HELP button (not that I think they'll even get to read it till maybe next week now).  Glad you did go to bed early.  Fish.i had a rough night last night, too.  And Flame has had too much stress from -cough-outside sources-cough-.  Really bad timing considering this VFK event runs till the end of the month :( 

(hugs all around)

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 01:17 PM »

Blech on the bad evening..

Hope today is better!
ScarlettPixie

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 01:21 PM »

We also do NOT like these host hunts - regular or reverse or whatever. Reminds us of Dreams month on VMK - sitting around forever. Harmony was not around for Dreams month, so maybe she doesn't have that perspective on it. Maybe with so many new scavenger hunts and quests and lead up to gold, a few ride through events would be nice for Host Events. It is a good thing they have sunglasses, because I do not see a visor on my future.  :coolw: :lolg:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 01:35 PM »

OK.  Much to my surprise, I did receive a response to my HELP report about the problems with these hunts.  Not totally happy with the response.  Will post a pic of it here soon.

Flamanar

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 01:43 PM »

While I'm glad they responded SO quickly, I'm not completely happy with the response.

First:  "reduced the number of alerts"???  There was only a few alerts over a few hours!

Second:  "numerous suggestions that the host hunt would be more fun with fewer alerts"???  I can only think that those suggestions came from people who do NOT do the host hunts, and are bothered with the popups as they do scavenger hunts, quests, etc.  I can't imagine those suggestions came from people participating in hunts.

Third:  they still didn't address the problem of NO ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE GAME ENDING!  I would have to say out of all my concerns, that was at the top of the list.

I have sent a response to their response regarding what I've just said above.  I also suggested that announcements every 15 minutes should satisfy everyone...like every time the bells chime the quarter hour. 

Flamanar...for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:55 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 03:22 PM »

We also do NOT like these host hunts - regular or reverse or whatever. Reminds us of Dreams month on VMK - sitting around forever. Harmony was not around for Dreams month, so maybe she doesn't have that perspective on it. Maybe with so many new scavenger hunts and quests and lead up to gold, a few ride through events would be nice for Host Events. It is a good thing they have sunglasses, because I do not see a visor on my future.  :coolw: :lolg:

Thats it!!! Harmony, if you are out there, I am gonna hunt you down so I can get Wendy a visor!! The VFK sun is way too hot for her delicate skin! Not to mention, it could be a sheild from the King's gas....
ScarlettPixie

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 04:31 PM »

Wow!  I'm totally surprised you got a response too, Flame.  Thank you for sharing it here though. 

It's interesting how VFK is trying to find some sort of balance.  However, I agree, not being told what is going on with the actual Event itself (when it starts or ends) is frustrating alone!  I can't imagine people playing the Event wouldn't want to see alerts either.   :??:

Should be interesting to see if things are changed on how that Event is run.   
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up