VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: POTC Online Beta  (Read 36411 times)

rose

Re: POTC Online Beta
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 11:21 AM »

Anyone here getting excited for the POTCO Phase II beta? It's supposed to start sometime soon. I know I'm having great POTCO withdrawls  :crazy:

SaraAriel

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 08:52 PM »

POTCO Beta Phase 2 is now open!  Woot! :pcannon:

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 12:49 PM »

Is anybody super excited that they finally got the mac version out?  :)

I heart my toaster

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 01:54 PM »

Is that mac and cheese???????
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 07:57 AM »

:yes!: You know I am MacBuddy!! :wavet:

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
  • It's Fun being Me.. Is it Fun being You?
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 11:22 AM »

I just got approved for Beta 2!!! I am very excited.

I had no idea what is it like and so far all I can do is run, jump and open doors, then it crashed... I will try again later

YAY
You know there is never a good time to quit smoking but geez...

SaraAriel

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 06:00 PM »

I had no idea what is it like and so far all I can do is run, jump and open doors, then it crashed... I will try again later

YAY

They did some updates last night and since the updates, everyone is crashing frequently.  Hopefully they fix it soon!

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 01:57 PM »

YAY

They did some updates last night and since the updates, everyone is crashing frequently.  Hopefully they fix it soon!

Maybe they borrowed the crash programming from the VMK Music Games. :lolg:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 05:12 PM »

Well I have been plugging away at it. I think I am level 5... I have some questions..

How do you use voodoo?

How can you get more training for other skills in Sword fighting and shooting?

Is there a map of places you have been or do I need to make one?

How do you board another ship to plunder it?

That's it for now  :hisign:

SaraAriel

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 09:42 PM »

Well I have been plugging away at it. I think I am level 5... I have some questions..

How do you use voodoo?

You get the Voodoo quest at notoriety level 5 from Tia.  Once you have your voodoo doll, you click your screen to attune the doll to your target.  You must be close to the target to do this.  Then you use your skills at the bottom of your screen to cast your hexes.  You start out with only the "poke" skill, but obtain more skills as your voodoo level increases.

To get more skills for cutlass, pistol or any other weapon, you must level up your weapon to obtain new skills.  At each new level, you are given skill points.  Go to your "K" button to view your skills.  If you have a skill point to assign, you just click on the skill that you want to assign it to.  If it is a new skill, it won't be highlighted until you assign a skill point to it.

The only map available is to click your "M".  As you're questing, you have to hop around a lot so you need to get the teleportation totems for each island.  You get the quest for these by achieving various notoriety levels.

You don't always have to board a ship to plunder it.  If the ship has a flag by it's name, then it is a ship that you must board and fight to the death.  To do this, you first have to cripple the ship by shooting it and taking it's health meter down to 0.  Then you get along side it, shoot some grapple hooks to the ship into the green circles, and the captain of the ship decides when the crew boards.  Once on board, you fight the guards on board until they are dead then you are brought back to your ship and you are given the cargo.  It's really more difficult to go after the flagships as the guard levels on board are typically high.  The easiest way to bring in plunder is just to go after the lower level ships and sink them with your crew cannons and the captain's broadside cannons.

Hope that helps!  I'd be happy to meet up with you in the game and can help you with anything else you need.

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 05:30 AM »

How do you use voodoo?

You get the Voodoo quest at notoriety level 5 from Tia.  Once you have your voodoo doll, you click your screen to attune the doll to your target.  You must be close to the target to do this.  Then you use your skills at the bottom of your screen to cast your hexes.  You start out with only the "poke" skill, but obtain more skills as your voodoo level increases.

To get more skills for cutlass, pistol or any other weapon, you must level up your weapon to obtain new skills.  At each new level, you are given skill points.  Go to your "K" button to view your skills.  If you have a skill point to assign, you just click on the skill that you want to assign it to.  If it is a new skill, it won't be highlighted until you assign a skill point to it.

The only map available is to click your "M".  As you're questing, you have to hop around a lot so you need to get the teleportation totems for each island.  You get the quest for these by achieving various notoriety levels.

You don't always have to board a ship to plunder it.  If the ship has a flag by it's name, then it is a ship that you must board and fight to the death.  To do this, you first have to cripple the ship by shooting it and taking it's health meter down to 0.  Then you get along side it, shoot some grapple hooks to the ship into the green circles, and the captain of the ship decides when the crew boards.  Once on board, you fight the guards on board until they are dead then you are brought back to your ship and you are given the cargo.  It's really more difficult to go after the flagships as the guard levels on board are typically high.  The easiest way to bring in plunder is just to go after the lower level ships and sink them with your crew cannons and the captain's broadside cannons.

Hope that helps!  I'd be happy to meet up with you in the game and can help you with anything else you need.

Wow I have learned more about POTC in the two mintues it took me to read your post than I have in 4 days of playing it!  :clap2:  THANKS!

And I would love to meet up in game. But after I get back from my WDW/Cruise trip (I leave Thursday, back on the 15th)

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 02:22 PM »

grappling hooks... I can not for the life of me figure out how to board a navy or EITC ship! Do I need more than just myself onboard my vessel...

I line up right beside the darn thing and all I can do it blow it to bits  :hippie: I want to get on one of those suckers!!!! I NEED TO PLUNDER!!!!

Also a couple of questions on a few more things Next to the Moonraker Navigator bars where my health is, there is a ship, I can move that ship, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I would want to move that ship icon... There are also 3 circles, one for cargo, one for shipmates and a third which seems like some sort of clock... or timer.. it's counting down from 47 minutes if that means anything.

Also once I have a Navy ship engaged there seems to be a timer associcated with that... What are the Timer's purpose...

Thanks (can you tell I am taking a break from packing and dealing with sick kids??)

Oh and is there a proper way to log out?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:28 PM by laurabearz »

SaraAriel

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 03:40 PM »

grappling hooks... I can not for the life of me figure out how to board a navy or EITC ship! Do I need more than just myself onboard my vessel...

I line up right beside the darn thing and all I can do it blow it to bits  :hippie: I want to get on one of those suckers!!!! I NEED TO PLUNDER!!!!

Also a couple of questions on a few more things Next to the Moonraker Navigator bars where my health is, there is a ship, I can move that ship, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I would want to move that ship icon... There are also 3 circles, one for cargo, one for shipmates and a third which seems like some sort of clock... or timer.. it's counting down from 47 minutes if that means anything.

Also once I have a Navy ship engaged there seems to be a timer associcated with that... What are the Timer's purpose...

Thanks (can you tell I am taking a break from packing and dealing with sick kids??)

Oh and is there a proper way to log out?

You can grapple over to a ship by yourself, but it would be really hard.  I'd recommend having a crew with you of at least 1.  To grapple, you have to shoot your grappling hooks to the ship first.  When you're manning your cannon, at the bottom of your screen, you'll see a grapple button.  Push that to enable the grappling hook, then shoot it at the green circles that are on the enemy ship.  To get plunder though, you don't always have to grapple.  You only have to grapple to ships with a flag over them.  If you just sink the ships without the flag, you get cargo and when you dock your ship, you get the gold.

The timer is how long you can be at sea before you need to dock.  A timer on an enemy ship would be how long you have to grapple and defeat the enemy soldiers on board.

As for moving that ship icon, I've never noticed that you could!  I'll have to check that out!

There is a proper way to log out, but it still does the error report thing even if you use it.  I forget the button, but it's on the far right where you see your J, I, U, etc.  It's the top one.  Push that, then you'll get a screen where you can make audio changes and other things like that, and there is a logout button.

I'll be on tonight if you'd like to meet up and get on each other's friend list.  I'd be glad to help in anyway!  This game definitely relies on teamwork.  PM me if you want to meet!

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 11:15 AM »

Sorry I couldn't meet up last night.. I was busy preparing for our CRUISE!!!! We leave in a little over an hour for WDW, then board the Magic on Saturday for a week in heaven.

Oh a thought I had about meeting up... I have no idea how to change instances, nor how to tell which instance I am in. So hooking up in game might be tough  :hisign:

SaraAriel

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2007, 05:45 AM »

Sorry I couldn't meet up last night.. I was busy preparing for our CRUISE!!!! We leave in a little over an hour for WDW, then board the Magic on Saturday for a week in heaven.

Oh a thought I had about meeting up... I have no idea how to change instances, nor how to tell which instance I am in. So hooking up in game might be tough  :hisign:

I hope you're having a great time on your cruise!  :yes!:

To change worlds on POTCO, go to your map (M button).  You will see a gold kind of crescent shape thing at the top of your map under the name of your current world.  Click that and it will give you a list of all of the different worlds.  Then you just click on the world you want and you are sent there.

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 09:54 AM »

There are different worlds? :wtf?: I guess I need to pay more attention :oops:.
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

SaraAriel

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2007, 10:08 AM »

There are different worlds? :wtf?: I guess I need to pay more attention :oops:.

It's like using advanced mode on VMK.  Since I usually just use the "go to" to get to my friends, I typically don't worry or even know what world I'm in.  But, if I'm going sailing, I do switch to a "quiet" world instead of an "ideal" world so that there are less people and the lag isn't as bad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up