Online Worlds > Pirates of the Caribbean Online

POTC Online Beta

(1/9) > >>

tigressjewel:
I got a code to enter the beta site and play!!  Anyone else?

SaraAriel:
I did!  I got it just before I left for vacation last week.   It's a bit different than what I expected, but I really like it so far. Certain things about it remind me of SL.  I'd really like to see more of Jack Sparrow though.  That little teaser at the beginning just wasn't enough for me  ;)

Decoy:
 ??? What is this, and where is it? I might have been in a cave for a while, as I seem to have missed something.  :notme:

SaraAriel:

It is the Pirates of the Caribbean online game that will go live sometime this Spring.  Here is the link where you can sign up to be a beta tester, although from what I hear, it is very random as to who gets chosen.  http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates  I applied last year for it as did many other friends of mine, yet very few were chosen  :(  It will have a monthly or annual fee to play once it goes live, I'm not sure which.  Check out the site.  There are many pictures of the game and it really is quite addicting already!  I've already warned the husband to get ready to start paying.

tigressjewel:
From what I understand it will be available free to everyone.  I am thinking they will do what many other online worlds have done and let anyone have a free account, then offer a premium (paid) membership as well.  Lori had posted a link on Dis some time back to a press release where Paul Yanover announced it would be available free.  As far as the beta testers go I'm guessing they continue to add as time goes on?  If anyone hasn't signed up yet, I don't think its too late. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version