VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do You Keep Your Aquarium?  (Read 14924 times)

fantasymooma

How Do You Keep Your Aquarium?
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:33 PM »

I just wanted to see what kind of Fish, Decorations, Backgrounds, Music and Water Temps everyone has for their Aquarium and how things are going for you with you tank health.  I would like to see how everyone's Aquariums are doing. :)

- I have 3 Goldfish, 1 Arrow Fish, and 1 Sharktooth Fish.
- I keep my water temp at Chilly.
- I have the Stars background along with Bamboo 1 & 2 in my tank.
- Oh and I have Seashell Shock playing as my music.
- But... my overall tank health has been 5% from the very begining when all I had was just fish, I thought as you added things to the tank and made your fish happy and the tank health would go up.

The sweet embrace of death.!?!?  Noo!!  :cry:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:51 PM by fantasymooma »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: How Do You Keep Your Aquarium?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:58 PM »

Mine started at 6 for health.  I have if set for the temp that describes perfect for a picnic.  Remember to feed those fish too!  I added the earth globe and a pirate skull from the "daily chance". 

Those sayings on Gaia items always crack me up.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 04:20 AM »

I've already had one fish embrace death...I told him it was ok to go.  :lolg:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

fantasymooma

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:13 AM »

Aww Days.  Sorry to hear about your little fishy.

I still don't understand this whole Overseer thing and the tank health.  I've made sure that I see 5 little hearts everytime I change something.  And I've added a few things to my tank also.   My tank health has not moved, it's still at 5%.   Does this mean I have too many fish in my tank??
It's going to be hard if I lose a fish.  :'(

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 10:32 AM »

I don't quite get the overseer thingy either.  I click it and the only thing that happens is a save button appears.  As far as the 5% tank health goes, I'm starting to think it is yet another Gaia glitch.
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

fantasymooma

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 10:04 AM »

When I thought my Overseer was just a big ball sitting at the bottom of my tank, it finally spoke to me.

When you go to your Aquarium you'll see that the Overseer is open,  that means it has a gift for you.   And my tank health is slowly going up.  :clapping:  I guess they finally fixed all that was going wrong with the Aquarium.  Woot!

mummykat

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:45 AM »

My tank health is above 7% now.    :2thunbs:   And I have only added one extra set of the arrow fish. However, each time I go to the tank, I feed them if I can. I change the lighting, music, and temp from chilly to mod. and back again bc I noticed that each time I do this the fish are happy. In other words, change is a good thing, even if it is temporary. So if you change their music for a while, then change it back they get happy twice. I think that has helped my "happy meter" to increase.
So far I have only gotten one gift from the overseer, 30 gold.

mummykat

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 10:47 AM »

BTW Fantasy, your tank is really pretty. Those should be very happy little fishies!!
Drat, I need to replenish my cash account so I can get cute stuff for the aquarium.   :'(

fantasymooma

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 02:19 PM »

BTW Fantasy, your tank is really pretty. Those should be very happy little fishies!!
Drat, I need to replenish my cash account so I can get cute stuff for the aquarium.   :'(

Aww thanks Mummy.

I got reallt good deals on the fountain and the bamboo in the marketplace and the Earth came from the daily chance.   But I just had to have those bubbles and bought it with my cash since they are expencive in the MP.

However, each time I go to the tank, I feed them if I can. I change the lighting, music, and temp from chilly to mod. and back again bc I noticed that each time I do this the fish are happy. In other words, change is a good thing, even if it is temporary. So if you change their music for a while, then change it back they get happy twice. I think that has helped my "happy meter" to increase.

And I do the same with my tank, changing things around every now and again while I'm on.   

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 04:50 PM »

Thanks for the tips.  I got 30 gold from the overseer too.  Half the time my aquarium is dow nfor maintenance.  Hopefully there will be less maintenance once the bugs are worked out.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

fantasymooma

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 01:25 PM »

Woot!  My tank is getting healthier and healthier each day.   Guess they finally worked out all the bugs. :)    And I got more Gold today too from the Overseer.     Now I only wish they would let us buy the Items in the shop with our Gold.  The MP prices are still to high for me (Miss Cheap-o).   
Pages: [1]   Go Up