VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Wizards 101  (Read 65329 times)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Wizards 101
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:29 AM »

Ok I thought I would not enjoy this game. Looked way to complicated. I had never played a game like this at all. I was a little nervous about the casting spells stuff. Do not like saying magic spells .I even feel uncomfortable around sorcerer Mickey. Yup do not have one pic of him :) Well there is none. Instead when you go into a battle you choose a magic card. There is no made up magic words. is kinda like toontown with awesome graphics. I do not like the figthing so much still confused how to decide which card to pick to attack they evil what ever.

What I do enjoy is the quests to find people. I could do that all day :) I think of my hungry for quest gf Duck when I am on quest. So if anyone was staying away from the game because it looked to complicated or because of the magic(wizards) you make want to have a second look at it.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Wizards 101
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:44 AM »

Ok I thought I would not enjoy this game. Looked way to complicated. I had never played a game like this at all. I was a little nervous about the casting spells stuff. Do not like saying magic spells .I even feel uncomfortable around sorcerer Mickey. Yup do not have one pic of him :) Well there is none. Instead when you go into a battle you choose a magic card. There is no made up magic words. is kinda like toontown with awesome graphics. I do not like the figthing so much still confused how to decide which card to pick to attack they evil what ever.

What I do enjoy is the quests to find people. I could do that all day :) I think of my hungry for quest gf Duck when I am on quest. So if anyone was staying away from the game because it looked to complicated or because of the magic(wizards) you make want to have a second look at it.

Aww, thanks for thinking of me gf!!  My son, ILikeCheeze, just got his second email about a week ago.. this is truly right up his alley.. touches of TT, Harry Potter, Yu-Gi-Oh, and wizards.  He has been having a blast with it.. we fight now for computer time  ::) .  He did finally add his title on to the DIS list, as many are his friends as well as mine.. but so far is having so much fun, he doesn't mind he hasn't found those friends yet.

As I never "followed" any of those things he enjoyed that are so present in the game, I chose not to try this game. Yet I do see that indeed, from the list on DIS.. many, many friends I would not have thought would be interested, are in fact playing.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:17 AM »

I was thinking about this game, because of the Questing specifically.  Thanks for posting Belle! 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:39 AM »

Thanks for posting Belle, I too have specificly not looked into the game.  I am kind of on overload with games LOL.  By description it reminds me of an old PC game that had a series of games and the whole game was esentially a quest and finding items and people and doing spells and such. I may be way off but it sounds cool - just not the direction I am going at the moment.  I have to draw a line somewhere or I could be playing a dozen games, as it is my memory is failing me and I can't remember what game I was thinking about on certain things.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 06:15 PM »

:jester2: :rofl1:yes too many games to try. What I like about this game is I can do it for a bit and then go on to something else. Not really a game for social aspect. but I did learn how to talk. I just like running around finding stuff the quest to find the quests is so fun lol.

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 07:11 PM »

There are so many games to play, but I seem to have gotten most of the quests done here except defeating Lord Nightshade.. he defeats me every stinkin' time!  :hitwall:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 08:10 AM »

Would people who know this game be so kind to help my and hubby out with a few questions.

1) we both got a flask that can be used as extra life so we do not need to reload. How do we fill it.

2) Where do you find the smith's they seem to be in every room but have no idea where to look

3) The extra cards not in the starter deck how do we use them. Is it better to use the insulated wand or not seems to give poor magic.

4) how do you tell if you have the best magic clothes on?

5) I chat in game how do I know people are actually seeing what I am saying.

6) I am doing Golem towers is there a way to replenish you magic and mana since I have to go all the way to the top and keep dying.

Thank you for you help :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 08:11 AM »

Thanks for posting Belle, I too have specificly not looked into the game.  I am kind of on overload with games LOL.  By description it reminds me of an old PC game that had a series of games and the whole game was esentially a quest and finding items and people and doing spells and such. I may be way off but it sounds cool - just not the direction I am going at the moment.  I have to draw a line somewhere or I could be playing a dozen games, as it is my memory is failing me and I can't remember what game I was thinking about on certain things

You would not be talking about Leisure Suite Larry rofl

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 09:47 AM »

Would people who know this game be so kind to help my and hubby out with a few questions.
I asked ILikeCheeze to help out on any he could ;)

1) we both got a flask that can be used as extra life so we do not need to reload. How do we fill it.
You can play mini-games at the fairegrounds to fill the flask. One game should fill it half, and another should fill it all the way. If you get a high enough score, the flask should be filled all the way.

2) Where do you find the smith's they seem to be in every room but have no idea where to look
I found them in places such as behind buildings, in gardens, and basically in places where you normally wouldn't be looking for things. The one in the commons is in the fairegrounds, behind one of the tents. They are small, so you'll have to look carefully.

3) The extra cards not in the starter deck how do we use them. Is it better to use the insulated wand or not seems to give poor magic.
If you mean the Yellow Cards, they are treasure cards. You have to discard cards from your hand by right-clicking on the card you want to discard, and then a draw button will appear below your hand. If you are talking about other cards, you should see little circles that glow next to the cards. There are three of these circles, and they become yellow for every copy of the card you have in your deck.

4) how do you tell if you have the best magic clothes on?
When you look through the stuff you have, you hover over the one your not wearing, and you should see details about each one compared to the one you already have on.

5) I chat in game how do I know people are actually seeing what I am saying.
They should be seeing it, but maybe they just aren't responding.

6) I am doing Golem towers is there a way to replenish you magic and mana since I have to go all the way to the top and keep dying.
You can always use your flask, if it's full. But if you completed the quest for the fairy queen at the end of unicorn way, she should have given you the pixie cards that heal you by 400. Other than that, you can find the "wisps" of red and blue color floating around the streets that give: red for health, and blue for mana. (But they don't give you those in the tower :( ) If you die, just keep going in until you can beat it. It took me 7 tries to finish it. There are only 4-5 floors total.

Thank you for you help :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 10:05 AM »

awe thank cheese for me thought he might know . I still can not beat Golem tower it is evil just plain evil I am on my 10th try. Off to mini games to fill the flask :) thanks

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 11:00 AM »

Cheeze laughed at your reply, and said np ;)

CheezeStudios

• The BIG Cheeze
  • Snowman Magic
  • I Feel Like I'm Being Watched....Oh, Yeah, YouTube
    • Cheeze Filmer
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 03:41 PM »

Yes, yes I did. LOL  :)
The VMKer Formerly Known As ILikeCheeze

Wizard 101: Valkoor DragonHeart (Myth)
SmallWorlds: Dragon Master Cheeze (Formerly)
YouTube: www.youtube.com/CheezeStudios
www.CheezeStudios.DeviantART.com

A Director, Actor, Editor, Animator, Producer, Artist, Musician, Screenwriter, Graphic Designer, Filmmaker, Voice Actor, And Comedian Rolled Into One Person. Who Did This To Me?

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 05:22 PM »

:welcome_wave: thanks for you help. Now I am stuck with bad guys to fight. When should I buy magic cause I have 768 gold coins is it worth it. The ones I ahve left are really hard to beat and have two people. I gave up on Golem I am only at level 8 and I can not fight two people rofl

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 06:16 PM »

There are so many games to play, but I seem to have gotten most of the quests done here except defeating Lord Nightshade.. he defeats me every stinkin' time!  :hitwall:

right after I posted this yesterday I got on and beat Lord Nightshade! Apparently I just needed to vent my frustration to get past it! :rofl1:

CheezeStudios

• The BIG Cheeze
  • Snowman Magic
  • I Feel Like I'm Being Watched....Oh, Yeah, YouTube
    • Cheeze Filmer
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 07:26 PM »

:welcome_wave: thanks for you help. Now I am stuck with bad guys to fight. When should I buy magic cause I have 768 gold coins is it worth it. The ones I ahve left are really hard to beat and have two people. I gave up on Golem I am only at level 8 and I can not fight two people rofl

It depends on what you want to do. I would first try to get the pixie cards from the fairy on Unicorn Way, that was one of the reasons why I was able to get through. But if you get the chance, try going to the library, and buying a pixie card. (Only one use though, so use very wisely!) If I could help you, I would, but I think the towers limited to one person per instance. (And with the many errors that keep popping up, it's even harder grr.....)

My advice, just keep at it. But try to get the pixie cards, and also try to level up alot before you go in. I was about a level 8-10 when I finally got finished with it. (I won through the skin of my teeth with dumb luck! ;)  )

And thank you! I hope to help others with the game too now that I'm on here :)

I'm so happy, I'm a level 16 Pyromancer! :)  They call us Journeymen when we're at that level :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:29 PM by CheezeStudios »
The VMKer Formerly Known As ILikeCheeze

Wizard 101: Valkoor DragonHeart (Myth)
SmallWorlds: Dragon Master Cheeze (Formerly)
YouTube: www.youtube.com/CheezeStudios
www.CheezeStudios.DeviantART.com

A Director, Actor, Editor, Animator, Producer, Artist, Musician, Screenwriter, Graphic Designer, Filmmaker, Voice Actor, And Comedian Rolled Into One Person. Who Did This To Me?

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 08:13 PM »

Duh me used my pixie cards  but was able to win one in a fight and buy one. Do you know how many times we can win pixie cards at unicaorn way rofl. Guess I need lots rofl.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 08:33 PM »

Duh me used my pixie cards  but was able to win one in a fight and buy one. Do you know how many times we can win pixie cards at unicaorn way rofl. Guess I need lots rofl.

Hey gf!  Cheeze has dropped off to sleep for the night.. but I'm sure he'll help tomorrow ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up