VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Did anyone else happen to catch this in the Terms of Use and Conditions?  (Read 16977 times)

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic

Personally, I would never pay for that knowing how they take advantage of Disney's VMK's closing to open their game
It is very difficult to look at this situation as them taking advantage of VMK closing to open their game.  It's a little like saying churchs take advantage of homeless people when they offer them food clothing and shelter.  Its a free offering, they may need it and it's totaly their choice if they come.  Yes they may have to listen to a prayer or sermon from time to time but again nobody is forcing them except the hunger.

I see that more like two companies that make food, X and Y. X is the first company to create food Z and the only one on the market and a lot of people like that food, then for some reasons, X stop making food Z. Y knows that people are still willing to eat food Z so they decide to create food T (same as food Z but with another look, ...), then they advertise that the food T will be the same kind as food Z directly in front of people who were eating food Z and they are taking the opportunity to make money with the fact that X has decided to stop making Z. Basically, I don't like that principle of jumping on an open opportunity.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:51 AM by Kasiks »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

Only time will tell what features remain free.  I do hope atleast a portion of the games does remain free.  The above terms, it made me think about what features I would like in an online game.  As I know my amount of virtual time will be decreasing, the list was pretty small.  A place to visit with friends topped the list.

I can only speak for myself, but when I sign in to VFK other than friends, it really doesn’t remind me of VMK.  The first thing that pops in to my mind is American Girl Dolls.  Yes, Felicity, Molly, Samantha, and the crew.  Each American Girl Doll has its own story and time period in history.  This is a bit like the various rooms in game and stories on the VFK page.  This would lead me to believe this game may take more of an education route in the form of history and social studies. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Disney Dreams

i don't think it would be unreasonable at all for them to charge a nominal fee at some point.  It has to be quite an expensive venture - and time commitment - to run a game of the level that we are all hoping for VFK to be.

I personally like that they have included that in the terms from the very beginning, even if it is a "just in case" addition.  Upfront.  Honest.  Even if it's a "in case this is needed someday."  Let's be honest about this all: Free and quality is very difficult to find these days.  We were all excited to see a VMK alternative surface - and how many of us said, "Let us pay to keep VMK open"?  IF virtual family kingdom turns out to be a quality game, they are going to have to support it somehow.  A nominal fee would not be surprising.

Personally, I would never pay for that knowing how they take advantage of Disney's VMK's closing to open their game
Interesting take on VFK.  I tend to look at it as, "they offered us all an option that we were searching for when Disney turned their backs on loyal fans."  There are 2 sides to every coin though.

NotAZoo

I don't know if I would never pay considering a lot of people said they would be willing to pay for VMK to stay open.   Disney at its core basically shut down VMK with an offering of other Pay to Play services which is exactly what some are saying they wouldn't do with VFK, but would have it it was VMK.   To me if Disney said we will give you another VMK but you would have to pay, then I would probably do it, however with what they are currently offering there is no true VMK equivilant.   Yet the folks at VFK are offering somewhat of an equivilent (with time that is as it is still early), so to me here is a VMK equivilent to some degree, that if it comes close I would highly consider it, just as I would if Disney offered the same thing, but unfortunately they did not.

So in summary, you snooze you lose Disney, and I think that VFK was smart for capitalizing on a niche market that had no place to go.   

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Hi all! I won't go into details, but I just got back on the NoBS forum today and reading all of your posts gives me a lot of food for thought. That is what I love about this forum. Some of you made some very valid and reasonable points on the issue and I really value your opinions. Thanks friends! I feel a lot better now about it. :) :clapping: :clap1: :clap2:
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

NotAZoo

I agree...finally a board with no BS!   Literally.

It is nice to have a place where smart and logical conversations can be had, without the banter and flaming you see other places.   Even if people think my opinions stink (which I am sure they do)...at least the replies are handled in a nice manner.

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic

It is nice to have a place where smart and logical conversations can be had, without the banter and flaming you see other places.   Even if people think my opinions stink (which I am sure they do)...at least the replies are handled in a nice manner.

Your opinions look to be in the trend  :rofl3: compared to mine only a few people think like me hopefully I am not the only one (maybe on this board I am though ::) )

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Your opinions look to be in the trend  :rofl3: compared to mine only a few people think like me hopefully I am not the only one (maybe on this board I am though ::) )

Aww, hugs Key!  :hug: I think this is exactly what NotAZoo meant. We can all have completely different opinions and talk about those without things taking an ugly turn or getting personal. While my opinions may be different from someone else, that doesn't affect how I feel about them personally! Woot and Double Woot!  :2thunbs:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

disvaclub

Yes, Ant I caught that in the Terms of Use when it was first posted on the site.  A friend actually asked questions about it on the VFK board and was told that staff said no charge.  Of course, they will say what you want to hear, until its time to pay the bills. ;)

Not many people are reading into it, but they have to fund it somehow someway down the future.   I guess I like to read the fine line of things and follow the rules that are posted.   :wink:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

I guess I like to read the fine line of things and follow the rules that are posted.   :wink:

I'm confused and I have two questions: (1) what rules? and (2) where are they posted? Are you talking about VFK here?  :??:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic

I guess I like to read the fine line of things and follow the rules that are posted.   :wink:

I'm confused and I have two questions: (1) what rules? and (2) where are they posted? Are you talking about VFK here?  :??:
Terms of Service (TOS) http://virtualfamilykingdom.com/terms_of_service.htm

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."

Idk, this entire game is still really fishy to me. Unless they had a company like Disney to back it up, I don't know how they would run it for free, unless the guy who runs it is a billionaire.

I heart my toaster

disvaclub

Terms of Service (TOS) http://virtualfamilykingdom.com/terms_of_service.htm

Thanks for the link Add, I thought everyone knew what Ant was talking about.  :)

aengus

I was ready to write them a check but they never seem to be open  :woot:

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic

I was ready to write them a check but they never seem to be open  :woot:

Now you can they are open  :rofl3:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

LOL Key!