VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New "Game in a bottle" prizes for mini-games? UPDATE: NOW NEW MAGIC, TOO..  (Read 40328 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Birds took me 2 games, each one I did all 60 levels and each took 30-45 minutes. I also had a small game in there that I had to exit early on, but I don't think that counted for anything.
Okay, for a rather, uh, "poor" player, what points/credits does going all 60 levels give you? I'm going to have to do this the slow, slow, repeatitous way (perserverance I think is one of the words they use when they give you the bottle). And just trying to estimate how many hundreds games it's going to take me.

Hugs Golden!  :bighug: Well, lately for me a full game averages 20,000. Although, if my jeep gets a little quirky, it can be 16,000 - 18,000. I helped King with his and it took more than 2 games, but on the third game, I only got about half way through with 8,000 credits and won the bottle.

Pretty much, I am not sure exactly what the trigger here is. Is it cumulative score or cumulative time in the game? I know, I probably was not much help here. Clear as mud, right?  :??:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic

Thanks. Woot! I finally got it. About 30 games, most in the 300pt range, hehehe. :clap1:
-PotOfGoldWench

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Thanks. Woot! I finally got it. About 30 games, most in the 300pt range, hehehe. :clap1:

Woot!!!  :dance2: :2thunbs: :clap1: Awesome Golden!!!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Final pics.  Got the rest of the Night Fighter bottles.  The key to Night Fighters (in case I didn't post it already) is to get a friend to log on 3 clones as targets.  Pic the ship you want.  When the round starts, raise your ship so that you can see and shoot properly.  The other person should do the same with one of theirs at the same time.  It's a kind of 'ballet' after awhile.  LOL.  Each of you have to move up or down so that you're actually hitting them.  Once the first clone is done, the other player rises the second clone (they also could just raise all three at the beginning and adjust their heights as needed for them to be shot).  If you do this quick enough, you can finish a game in 2-3 minutes.  For this amount of ships, you will earn 900 credits each game.  5 games = ship bottle.  Obviously, the more clones you have to shoot in a game, the more credits you'll earn, and the less games it will take.  Here ya go:

Night Fighter bottles:

Top ships are Wrath, middle Barracuda, bottom Raptor

Original 6 bottles needed to be earned in order to obtain Focus Magic:

From left to right: Audubon, Space Pirates, Night Fighters, Laser Tag, Checkers and Fireworks

Picture of Focus magic pin:

Best of luck to all :)

If anyone wants to stop by and see the bottles, just let me know!

Flamanar
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:49 PM by flamanar »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

I should take a moment and thank those who have helped me get the magic and bottles...either through advice or playing:

.It (of course)
Hero (of course)
Fish.i
Pix
Cursedmonkeyqueen
Mjairness
Fun

If I missed ya, please let me know!  I can't thank those people enough for their efforts and inspiration to get the bottles and magic.  (hugs) and thanks to them all :)

Flamanar

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends

CONGRATS  Flamanar and everyone else getting those bottles!  :drunk: LOL!
and thanks so much for the pictures!

MamaOwl

I learned from experience that you can't "cheat" on checkers, and throw the game after a move or two. I don't know if it's points-based, but ten wins by default do not get you a bottle :doh:

Last time I did Audubon I got something like 22 points. I'd better clear my calendar for the next few months :D

Am I the only one too intimidated to try Laser Tag or Night Fighters. I've gotten mediocre scores on the Pirate ships; how many points do I need for a bottle?

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic

I learned from experience that you can't "cheat" on checkers, and throw the game after a move or two. I don't know if it's points-based, but ten wins by default do not get you a bottle :doh:

Last time I did Audubon I got something like 22 points. I'd better clear my calendar for the next few months :D

Am I the only one too intimidated to try Laser Tag or Night Fighters. I've gotten mediocre scores on the Pirate ships; how many points do I need for a bottle?

I'm the same way with Audubon.  I'm just playing a few games here and there and maybe next year if I'm lucky, I'll get the bottle. lol

I too am intimidated with Laser Tag and Night Fighters and even Pirate ships because I've never played them before.   Maybe we can meet up sometime and give them a try.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

For Pirates, I'm not sure how many points we got.  It doesn't send you a message to your inbox after the game like checkers and fireworks and audubon.  Follow my strategy at the top of page 4 of this thread and you'll have a bottle in no time.

Audubon = ridiculous.  Better invest in a 16-month calendar...  :heat:

Checkers:  10 games.  Everytime.  You can't throw the game after 1 or 2 moves.  The idea is for the opponent to move their checkers into position to be taken asap...until the game is complete.  10 consecutive wins was it for us after multiple tries (and others as well).  Unless they changed it... :hmmmm:  Ironically, we've found it quite a different type of challenge and skill needed in some games to TRY to lose.  Very funny :)

Best advice in ALL the games is to find a 'gaming buddy'.  All the games (with the exception of fireworks and audubon) are very quickly completed using 2 players.  Trying to play using tabs by yourself will take a significant amount of time.

Best of luck

Flamanar
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:25 AM by flamanar »

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

We used clones for our checkers games. Flame is right, it actually takes some strategy to try and lose because you are forced to jump when a jump is available. It actually took 11 wins for Princess and I to get the bottle. We haven't done the kids yet. They play checkers here and there, so maybe it will only take 10 wins for them. I have heard many say the magic number for checkers is 10 or 11. I don't know.  :??:

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic

In checkers do the wins have to be all in a row or is it just a total of 10 or 11 wins?  I'll never get 10 in a row and I could see myself having 9 wins and then a loss and having to start all over again so please tell me this isn't the case.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

In checkers do the wins have to be all in a row or is it just a total of 10 or 11 wins?  I'll never get 10 in a row and I could see myself having 9 wins and then a loss and having to start all over again so please tell me this isn't the case.

I haven't tried losing checkers since I played with clones.  LOL.  So I am of no use to you with that question.  No idea if it is consecutive wins that matter or just cumulative.  Sorry :(

Flamanar

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic

I haven't tried losing checkers since I played with clones.  LOL.  So I am of no use to you with that question.  No idea if it is consecutive wins that matter or just cumulative.  Sorry :(

Flamanar

Oh that's okay Flamaner.  Hmm maybe I should get some clones though. :) 

If anyone gets the bottle and has not won the games all consecutively could you please let me know?  Ty

MamaOwl

I lined up a bunch of clones :notme:, and played actually 12 consecutive games of checkers, each against a different clone (I'll look back, but maybe it wasn't consecutive -- pretty sure at least ten of them were though). After a move or two my "opponent" (yeah, it was me in two windows) clicked off the board and opted to "quit" the game. My player got a message that my opponent wanted to quit and did I agree (yes). I would get a message that I had one the game with an impressive 5 or 10 points. But after 10 or 12 games, no bottle. I went back and *played* the games (it can be hard to lose, especially if I lose track of which clone is "me"), and I got the bottle. Hmmm, maybe it's worth an experiment. I'll ask a clone if they want a bottle :D.

I too am intimidated with Laser Tag and Night Fighters and even Pirate ships because I've never played them before.

I've done Pirate ships but I need to find if there's a "trick" to high-scoring. I'd be happy to meet up for a game AuroraSparkle, though I'll probably be terrible :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

At least we weren't the only people testing the 'quitting method' at checkers.  :waveh: Didn't work for us, either!   :lolg:

Pirates:  see the top of page 4 of this thread to see how to high score.  If you play Aurora using that method, you'll both have your bottles in no time because you're both accumulating points each game...no matter who wins.  Takes a little practice lining the ships up to shoot and be shot (again, a type of 'ballet' happening there LOL).

GL!

Flamanar

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic

At least we weren't the only people testing the 'quitting method' at checkers.  :waveh: Didn't work for us, either!   :lolg:

Pirates:  see the top of page 4 of this thread to see how to high score.  If you play Aurora using that method, you'll both have your bottles in no time because you're both accumulating points each game...no matter who wins.  Takes a little practice lining the ships up to shoot and be shot (again, a type of 'ballet' happening there LOL).

GL!

Flamanar

Ty Flamanar I will definitely refer to page 4 when it comes time to give pirates a try.

I just want to say in general to everyone how helpful everyone is here.  I know I'd be lost without this place :)

KrazyPete

• Cactus Seat

Some clarification on checkers please?

Do you have to win against different opponents? I've been playing against one of my clones and I haven't been keeping track but I'm pretty sure I've done well over 10 games.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:37 AM by KrazyPete »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up