VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/31 Furni Perms ~ New Room Option for Members  (Read 4235 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
3/31 Furni Perms ~ New Room Option for Members
« on: March 31, 2009, 05:44 PM »

New Room Option available for the Main Account Holder on the Membership Account.  This is not for family members at this time.  Not sure if this will change or not.

~  It's giving permission to anyone on your friend list to move furniture, or place their own furniture (from their own inventory) into your rooms.

~ The confirm message pop-up does indicate that once you remove someone from your "allowed" list, any items that friend may have placed in any of your rooms, will be returned to their inventory.

~ Also, if you are given authorization, your friends room will show up on your room list too (as if it was your room).

See screen shot below:

EDIT:  Changed the Title of thread to find it more easily
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:08 AM by AstroGigiblue »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: 3/31 New Room Option for Members
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:21 PM »

:bighug: Thanks for posting this Astro. I have not been in game at all today. One of those "life calls" days.  :lolg: This is a fun feature, perhaps some of what they talked about with group room building and stuff.

I am laughing because you used purpleduck as an example in your picture. All I could think of was a purple bird coming into my rooms and removing everything pink:rofl1: Now that would be funny!  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 3/31 Furni Perms ~ New Room Option for Members
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:12 PM »

While this is an incredibly fun feature, it's a bummer they add the persons room onto your room list.  My list is long enough already!  :(  Hope they rethink that.  Maybe a separate section on your room list for 'shared rooms' or something.  Dunno.  It's cool, though...and lots of fun :)

Flamanar

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:44 PM »

Yes, Flame, I am with you on the room list thing. Might get a little confusing - I think a "shared room" tab would be a great solution.  :thumb:

This will probably be a feature we would use mostly with the kids, but it would be fun to design certain rooms to just have fun with friends. This is also a good way for others to enjoy/have access to some exclusive rooms, like the Australian apartments or the Horse rooms.  :hmmmm:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:04 AM »

Yes, Flame, I am with you on the room list thing. Might get a little confusing - I think a "shared room" tab would be a great solution.  :thumb:

This will probably be a feature we would use mostly with the kids, but it would be fun to design certain rooms to just have fun with friends. This is also a good way for others to enjoy/have access to some exclusive rooms, like the Australian apartments or the Horse rooms.  :hmmmm:

omg...I so need a new tab for the extra rooms.  My room list is already huge...and now I picked up an additional 10 rooms...so far!  :( 

On a different note,  I also see it as a good way to help someone build a room or ride who is having difficulty.  It's one thing to try to explain something to a person...it's another to show them exactly what you mean :)  It will be a valuable feature in those circumstances, as well as the other situations you oulined. 

Another cool side benefit is not having to trade family members for extra items that you need for a room/ride you're working on.  They can just go to the room and dump what you need there!  Obviously, they would still 'own' the items, but for immediate family or VERY close and trustworthy friends, it will be handy in that aspect as well :)

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 03:59 PM »

omg...I so need a new tab for the extra rooms.  My room list is already huge...and now I picked up an additional 10 rooms...so far!  :( 

On a different note,  I also see it as a good way to help someone build a room or ride who is having difficulty.  It's one thing to try to explain something to a person...it's another to show them exactly what you mean :)  It will be a valuable feature in those circumstances, as well as the other situations you oulined. 

Another cool side benefit is not having to trade family members for extra items that you need for a room/ride you're working on.  They can just go to the room and dump what you need there!  Obviously, they would still 'own' the items, but for immediate family or VERY close and trustworthy friends, it will be handy in that aspect as well :)

Flamanar

So, am I understanding this right: if you shared a room with me Flame; I could dump stuff in there. 

Could I return my items dumped there into my inventory myself? - or only the owner of room can do that?

Could I pick up and return your items to your inventory from that room?

just curious, I don't have that feature.  But I could see where you all would want a "shared room" tab for these rooms.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08 PM »

Flamanar

So, am I understanding this right: if you shared a room with me Flame; I could dump stuff in there. 

Could I return my items dumped there into my inventory myself? - or only the owner of room can do that?

Could I pick up and return your items to your inventory from that room?

just curious, I don't have that feature.  But I could see where you all would want a "shared room" tab for these rooms.

Yes, you can move around your items, and return them to your inventory yourself. 

Also yes, Flame's items that are set down in his room can be moved around by you, and also sent back to his inventory -- when you click the "store" button, the system will automatically return the said item, to it's proper owner.     :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up