VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have a Second Life?  (Read 104360 times)

CL_Jazzymine

Re: Does anyone have a Second Life?
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2007, 06:02 PM »

Ok, after so many of you seem to like this, I decided to give it shot yesterday for the first time. I made it all the way through the tutorials, but somehow managed to teleport out of it during the search tutorial. Now I am stuck because I can't get back to finish it :(. I joined the yensid wanderers group, but nobody was on while I was.

Now this place that I teleported to was a help area because it gave hints on how to do things like pick up objects and move them onto tables. I was in this area for about two minutes and some guy jumped on my shoulders and started doing some very obscene things to my face. After that experience I logged off and went onto vmk instead. Is second life always like that?

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2007, 04:05 AM »

Oh no Jazz.. I have never had any obscene things done to my face!  So sorry that happened to you.  I didn't look at the group list for new members but I'll do it this morning, and make sure I add you to my friends list.  I'm sure the others will too.  Sounds like somebody might need a makeover too!  :welcome:
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2007, 04:33 AM »

Is second life always like that?
Sorry you had that experience, but I would say it's really not all that uncommon.

There will always be people out there whose sole goal is to cause trouble, to try to irritate people, who just get a kick out of being a**es. They are common enough, that there's even a term for them, in SL: "Griefers"

Also, unfortunately, they know that the people who they are MOST likely to get upset are new players, and so they tend to go to places where new players are. Experienced players know better, and effectively emasculate them, by ignoring them. It takes away all of their "fun", to be ignored. Playing into their tactics only encourages them.

Again, sorry your introduction was like that. But I won't say it was unusual or even unexpected. So it'll be up to you whether you'll ever try looking again in SL. If you do, I'd suggest timing it when someone you knew and trusted from here was on, to help show you around? Hopefully, you'll have a better experience that way.

Edited to add: was looking the SL forums after I posted, and there's a thread by a newbie, asking what a Griefer was, with 27 replies. A few excerpts from the first replies:
Griefer: Someone who enjoys ruining everyone else's fun, while drawing attention to himself/herself. Usually adolescent males with no life and even less moral fibre.

The morons who run around SL caging, shooting or orbiting innocent bystanders are the most readily visible form of griefer. But anyone who intentionallyy sets out to ruin other people's fun, usually while trying to draw attention to themselves, also fits the mold. So a person who buys the parcel next to your nicely landscaped home and fills it with flaming phallic symbols and blaring music is a griefer, as is the guy that intentionally dumps prim garbage on your land, or owrse yet, builds stuff on his land next to yours in a way that it intentionally pushes over into your space.
Yes, that was a griefer you encountered. Basically a griefer is anyone intentionally behaving in a disruptive way as to interrupt one's game experience. From caging to push weapons to simply stalking someone to verbally harrass them.
Here are two griefers I ran into as a newbie. I was several days old and I decided to return to orientation island as i thought i had missed some of the lessons. There was a griefer in a sort of a darth vader get-up who told me I was ugly and jumped around in my personal space. There he was at orientation island being mean to newbies like me who didn't know what end was up and hadn't yet put together a good looking avatar.

My motto: Don't give in to griefers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 04:44 AM by bezoar »

Disney Dreams

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2007, 10:03 AM »

So - anyone want to guess why I was up until 4am and am tired this morning?

Yep - last night I decided it was time to stop "maybe" being in Second Life.  I posted here previously that I created a Second Life character long ago but never did much with her because I could not figure it out.  Well - last night was my night.

There is someone in a chat group that I am active in that does quite a bit in Second Life.  He was on IM last night so I asked him if he had a little time to help me a bit.  We met up in Second Life and he helped me with the basics We started talking about land and renting and a home and that's when my head started to spin.  I decided if I didn't sign off I was going to face plant on the keyboard.  haha

I found a few of you and sent you messages.  I joined Yensid Wanderers too.  No one was on, but hopefully I can hook up with all of you soon and join in the fun.

By the way - my friend from my chat group loves creating stuff.  He wants me to "think about what you want to look like."  Yep, I am very basic at the moment.  I warned him that it would probably be Disney related and he told me he loves Disney.  Cool!

And oh the things he showed me - so so not PG-13.  :D

Cant wait to find all of you!  Do you have a set meeting time - or just happen into each other?

- Dreams

bezoar

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2007, 10:50 AM »

I joined Yensid Wanderers too.  No one was on, but hopefully I can hook up with all of you soon and join in the fun.
Cant wait to find all of you!  Do you have a set meeting time - or just happen into each other?

Welcome :)

More and more often, I'm finding _somebody_ from VMKnoBS on, no matter when I log in, which is nice. But, for me and my erratic schedule, I'm just happening into them.

Disney Dreams

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2007, 06:18 PM »

Thanks to all of you who took time today to help me get rid of THAT shirt and find some good looking hair!  I really appreciated everyone's gifts, help and patience!  You are all wonderful and I look forward to hanging together more in SL.  (As soon as I get my giraffe pin in vmk!  :D )  How exactly do you play BOTH games??? (ahhhhh!)   :lol:

hrhkit

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2007, 08:30 AM »

Can I just say that I am having so much fun with my Second Life? Paint Ball, Flying Carpet, our own Clubhouse... super cool clothes galore, multiple tiaras...oh my...way too much fun. And best of all...so much fun with true friends...thank you all for all the fun and all your help along the way.  :grouphug:

~Kit

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2007, 05:10 PM »

Awww.. I echo that remark!  The flying carpet was awesome last night!!  I mean really.. VMK flying carpet.. HA!! Now we just need that ring of fire to dance in... Oh scripter geek..  :notme:
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2007, 05:26 PM »

Awww.. I echo that remark!  The flying carpet was awesome last night!!  I mean really.. VMK flying carpet.. HA!! Now we just need that ring of fire to dance in... Oh scripter geek..  :notme:

Didn't you pick up a "Fuego!" on Orientation Island? Just do that, fire up the Salsa moves, and you're all set ;)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2007, 10:02 PM »

yes, really that flying carpet put's yavn's carpet to shame, just look out for the turbulace and trees.

Disney Dreams

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2007, 01:50 AM »

The flying carpet was awesome last night!!  I mean really.. VMK flying carpet.. HA!! Now we just need that ring of fire to dance in... Oh scripter geek..  :notme:

That was simply amazing.  I could not stop being in awe had how cool it looked and "felt" like we were flying.  I will fess up: Was I the only one that found yourself whistling, "A whole new world.... Over sideways and under on a magic carpet ride...."  So cool.

Didn't you pick up a "Fuego!" on Orientation Island? Just do that, fire up the Salsa moves, and you're all set ;)
I was sharing the following yesterday:  1 year in vmk and I dont have inferno or magic carpet magic.  Two weeks in SL and I have both.  I have officially passed the point of no return.  Now, where did I put that First Life?  :-\

...just look out for the turbulace and trees.
:notme:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 01:58 AM by Disney Dreams »

hrhkit

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2007, 07:22 AM »

Yup, yup, and yup....

OH, yeah...I agree with that "Fire" thing too...we got Inferno...that's all you do, put the "Fire" on and dance and voila...

We got it all baby... :cool2:

p.s. I need another chance on the Magic Carpet...I was catapulted off the one time I got a ride... :-\

PirateDaisy

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2007, 09:45 AM »

Oh shoot, I missed out on a magic carpet ride? You all must invite next time, I'd love to go and I'll see if I can pick up "fuego". Woot!  8)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2007, 06:57 PM »

Fuego?  I dont think I have that.  Can someone pass it to me if its transferable please?  Just one more thing to love about SL.. so many things we can share with as many friends as we want!  :thumbs:
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

PirateDaisy

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2007, 06:58 PM »

Wait, are you talking about that torch we were supposed to pick up as one of our tasks?  ::)

bezoar

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2007, 08:09 PM »

Fuego! is a silly attachment in one of the freebie boxes. When you have it attached, and ANYBODY says "Fuego!", your avatar lets out a scream, and bursts into flame. A real party trick ;)

If it's full-mod (I haven't checked), I could re-script it to remove the scream, and add in a dance loop. Oh, and make it only respond to your command, so not anybody can force you to burst into dancing flames ;)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2007, 06:58 AM »

Fuego! is a silly attachment in one of the freebie boxes. When you have it attached, and ANYBODY says "Fuego!", your avatar lets out a scream, and bursts into flame. A real party trick ;)

If it's full-mod (I haven't checked), I could re-script it to remove the scream, and add in a dance loop. Oh, and make it only respond to your command, so not anybody can force you to burst into dancing flames ;)

That sounds great! You won't make us enter 5000 codes to get it will you?  :lol:
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up