VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have a Second Life?  (Read 103823 times)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
Re: Does anyone have a Second Life?
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 06:13 AM »

I knew I shouldn't have gone in... I was up until 12:30 last night exploring!  :lol: I know for some of you thats nothing, but I have to get up at 5:30am so thats a bad thing for me..  :P
I haven't even started to try and build anything yet, but had a good laugh changing my characters appearance.  I still feel pretty lost in there though.  :D
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 05:44 PM »

No Kidding! Sex really doesn't "sell" with me but I am very curious about this game.  Sounds neat.  Is there a way to play it and just not deal with too much of that part of the game?

I was worried about that, too. Well, I've been in SL a fair amount for the past 2 months, and have managed to avoid all that, because I'm just not interested.

Last weekend, I went to a 2 hour live classical music performance, visited the "Second Louvre" with original art made my other players, explored recreations of New Orleans, Paris, a Japanese village, etc. But mostly, I've done a fairly hefty bit of "scripting", which is writing in the in-game programming language, and have created a product that is actually selling very, very well. (Yeah, it's geeky, but I enjoy it.)

I've only just started getting back to exploring, and really need to do a _tiny_ bit of shopping, so I can get out of my newbie clothes.

In case you're curious what kind of fashion stuff can end up in Second Life, this is the latest issue of one of the fashion magazines. All the pics are from in-game. Some of the images are a little... racy... ;) but others I find quite glamorous and fun: http://www.secondstyle.com/downloads/Second_Style_Issue6.pdf

I think the sex, gambling, etc. get a lot of the press, but it's easy enough to avoid if you're not interested. And, easy enough to find, if you want to as well. Just like in a real-life city :)

I'm NOT using "Bezoar" as my avatar in Second Life, btw. If you're wondering, it is precisely because SL has a part of the population and a public perception of being a bit too "adult" in nature, and I didn't really want people in SL to be able to track back to me in RL. But if you join SL and want to find me, just drop me a note here :) I just ask that you don't tell other people in SL who I am (like, I live in Boston, work in a particular very specific medical specialty, etc., which is enough to fully identify me in real life.)

Disneyfan_77

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 02:26 AM »

I knew I shouldn't have gone in... I was up until 12:30 last night exploring!  :lol: I know for some of you thats nothing, but I have to get up at 5:30am so thats a bad thing for me..  :P
I haven't even started to try and build anything yet, but had a good laugh changing my characters appearance.  I still feel pretty lost in there though.  :D

I know the feeling! :crazy: I should have known better then to start this crazy thing. I think I spent a good 4 hours on the tutorial and changing my appearance. I sent you a IM in game to find me. We can be lost together!  :amazed: 

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 05:19 AM »

ROFL, maybe I should have spent four hours as well!  I'm not very happy with my appearance, but its fun trying to figure it out!  Got your message too.  ;)
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
Second Life Group
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 06:17 AM »

I created a group called Yensid Wanderer's. 
The description is: Sharing the love of the magic everywhere we wander. No BS, VMK

I'm not pretending to know exactly what this means or will do, but would love to have anyone join me! Come on out of hiding you closet SL'ers!
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

Re: Second Life Group
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 07:10 AM »

The description is: Sharing the love of the magic everywhere we wander. No BS, VMK

I'm not pretending to know exactly what this means or will do, but would love to have anyone join me! Come on out of hiding you closet SL'ers!

Just FYI, you need to get at least one other person to join the group in the next day or so, or the group will be automatically disbanded, and you'll be out L$100.

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 11:39 AM »

Just FYI, you need to get at least one other person to join the group in the next day or so, or the group will be automatically disbanded, and you'll be out L$100.

So are you joining?  ;D
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 12:57 PM »

So are you joining?  ;D

You bet, as soon as I get a chance :)

So, as group owner, are you going to create strange tags for each member? I have no idea how many member types you can make, each of which will have its own tagline. Heh...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:35 PM by bezoar »

PirateDaisy

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 01:58 PM »

Arg, as if I need yet another game to get addicted to. Darn you Be, that link you posted got me curious, I love the clothes!  ::)

bezoar

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 02:36 PM »

Arg, as if I need yet another game to get addicted to. Darn you Be, that link you posted got me curious, I love the clothes!  ::)

You know, I kind of did that on purpose... ;) The thinking was, "So, talking about beautiful scenery and cultural explorations didn't get anyone to try it out... Well, what else can I do? OH! I know! Clothes!!!"

Did it work?

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 02:38 PM »

OOhhh... tag lines.. something like.. "Wootastic Pool Boy"??   :notme:
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 02:58 PM »

OOhhh... tag lines.. something like.. "Wootastic Pool Boy"??   :notme:

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of "Lamerful script geek"?

I logged in just long enough to join your Group :)

Disneyfan_77

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 04:15 PM »

Clothes? Where are the clothes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously I only have a shirt the came free in the tutorial and in the library! LOL

<<<<< hmmm, I am liking this seventh post number, anyway Can I please keep that?!? :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:38 PM by Disneyfan_77 »

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 05:08 PM »

Seriously I only have a shirt the came free in the tutorial and in the library! LOL

<<<<< hmmm, I am liking this seventh post number, anyway i can keep that! :D
Oh, I have to come find you girl!  There are all kinds of places to go to get free and cheap clothes!!  I even found some decent hair.. shoes.. jewelry.. pixie outfit.  We need to do some shopping! woot!

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of "Lamerful script geek"?

I logged in just long enough to join your Group :)

I have to figure out how to bestow those titles now  :lol: Now talk about lame.. I had the thought today of designing mickey ears.  Oh, and I now have a pet dragon that follows me.  :lol:
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2007, 07:03 AM »

<<<<< hmmm, I am liking this seventh post number, anyway i can keep that! :D

Clothes? Check out the link I posted a page back from a SL Fashion Magazine... And there is SERIOUS shopping to be done in SL... a pity I'm not much of a shopper. And tens of thousands of freebie items too. For newbie / freebie stuff, try:
- Free Dove
- New Citizen's Plaza (search NCI)
- Sarah's Freebie Paradise
- The Shelter
- Yadni's Junkyard

I have to figure out how to bestow those titles now  :lol: Now talk about lame.. I had the thought today of designing mickey ears.  Oh, and I now have a pet dragon that follows me.  :lol:

Cool -- I'd like to see the dragon. I was thinking of learning how to write scripts that do following / sensing and whatnot.

Regarding Mickey Ears -- great minds think alike! I was not in SL for more than 2 days, before I tried my hand at making Mickey Ears, and learned quickly that I am NOT a builder / texture artist. What I did was take a picture of my black ears at home, uploaded it as a texture, and then built the bare bones of a Mickey hat: hat made from a hollowed out half sphere, and each ear as a end-slice of hollowed out spheres. Then I tried to apply the texture.

It looked awful :) Either my hair stuck THROUGH it (I didn't know about invisiprims then, or removing hair, before wearing hats), or I had to resize it so big that it looked like I had a giant inverted black bowl on my head. Nobody in their right mind would be caught dead wearing it.. That's about when I turned to scripting.

Actually, what could be kind of entertaining would be to re-create VMK magic pins in SL... Easy enough to do Inferno, Teleport, Fireworks... And they are just vague enough, that I don't think Disney could try to sue for copyright infringement ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:06 AM by bezoar »

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 12:00 PM »

Clothes? Check out the link I posted a page back from a SL Fashion Magazine... And there is SERIOUS shopping to be done in SL... a pity I'm not much of a shopper. And tens of thousands of freebie items too. For newbie / freebie stuff, try:
- Free Dove
- New Citizen's Plaza (search NCI)
- Sarah's Freebie Paradise
- The Shelter
- Yadni's Junkyard
I've been to all but one of those and just a heads up, especially on Sarah's.  Be careful if your kids are around, there are some naked avatar pictures on the walls, and some of the clothing is past PG rating. Not everything is adultish though, and its definetly worth visiting! If your doing a search you will need to allow mature content to be searched or you won't find the places.

Cool -- I'd like to see the dragon. I was thinking of learning how to write scripts that do following / sensing and whatnot.

Regarding Mickey Ears -- great minds think alike! I was not in SL for more than 2 days, before I tried my hand at making Mickey Ears, and learned quickly that I am NOT a builder / texture artist. What I did was take a picture of my black ears at home, uploaded it as a texture, and then built the bare bones of a Mickey hat: hat made from a hollowed out half sphere, and each ear as a end-slice of hollowed out spheres. Then I tried to apply the texture.

It looked awful :) Either my hair stuck THROUGH it (I didn't know about invisiprims then, or removing hair, before wearing hats), or I had to resize it so big that it looked like I had a giant inverted black bowl on my head. Nobody in their right mind would be caught dead wearing it.. That's about when I turned to scripting.

Actually, what could be kind of entertaining would be to re-create VMK magic pins in SL... Easy enough to do Inferno, Teleport, Fireworks... And they are just vague enough, that I don't think Disney could try to sue for copyright infringement ;)
Oh my gosh... your description of bulding mickey ears had me rolling! So funny.  Now magic pins.. that sounds very cool, and the best part is you can give them away freely!! Woot!!
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

Disneyfan_77

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 10:08 PM »

Woot! I found my free clothes! Now can I get free land? Because I will be damned if I shell out real money for a game!  :notme: ;) :D ;) :notme:

Oh and how do we get pets? Is that what your dragon is jewel?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up