VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have a Second Life?  (Read 103914 times)

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
Re: Does anyone have a Second Life?
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:45 AM »

Al, funny you should mention Club Penguin! LOL, Mason and I got on it this past weekend at around 12:30 am or something like that, lol. It had been such a long time since I played it...it was funny to move that puffy little penguin around...not to mention the downhill racing!

Oh and Alyssa...you can't play with a second life because you have yet to get a first one!   Just kidding, I still <3 ya! lol.

Ha... i just saw now we could walk around with those things... and i did downhill racing and i lost! I use to beat you guys! then i was like.. no so i got off...

yeah..true, i have no first life..

I heart my toaster

bezoar

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 06:05 AM »

I was begining to think that I was the only one who thought that SL was incredible.  I am amazed by the AMOUNT of quality content in there.  The "World" is HUGE.

I just don't understand how there can be so much quality user built content in there.

I was thinking a little about this, and it totally makes sense, based on how they set up the "economy" of SL. To get in-game money, you either have to fork over REAL money to buy Linden dollars, or you need to have the creative skills to create a cool product in-game and sell it to the first group of people.

Once a cool product is created and sells well, other people with creative ability are going to try to make a better version, to be able to steal away the sales. So, you probably end up in a bit of a one-upmanship scenario, where objects just keep getting better and better, as the creative users vye for the purchasers.

I just wish there were more rewards for people creating "community" spaces, or "cultural" areas.

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 07:22 AM »

...the other alternative multiplayer game...club penguin LOL 

What is this "Club Penguin" you speak of? :o
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 08:29 AM »

...the other alternative multiplayer game...club penguin LOL 

What is this "Club Penguin" you speak of? :o

WOW!!  Somethiing Penguin you "really?" don't know about?   :o  Seems you always have the uncanny luck to "already know of it"!  :cool2: ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 10:03 AM »

club penguin is a mainly for little kids, multiplayer internet thing. Your character is a penguin and you can throw snowballs, and play games, and own a small pet thing... you can't buy anything unless you hand over real money first... it's quite cute.

i think one of the VMkids on the dis posted it one day, and i was searching at four in the morning for something to do, and i found that.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:09 PM by Patchy »

I heart my toaster

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 10:39 AM »

Cool!!! Thanks for the 411.
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

hrhkit

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 10:42 AM »

club penguin is a mainly for little kids, multiplayer but also have a free characters too. Your character is a penguin and you can throw snowballs, and play games, and own a small pet thing... you can't buy anything unless you hand over really money first... it's quite cute.

i think one of the VMkids on the dis posted it one day, and i was searching at four in the morning for something to do, and i found that.

OMG that sounds so cute!

says to self {I don't have time for a second life, I don't have time for a second life...}

PirateDaisy

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 05:53 PM »

Sorry for the OT but my daughter loves penguins and is quite the little online gamer. She honestly beat me in this cute little game where penguins throw snowballs at each other, needless to say I was embarrassed. Maybe I should check this little penguin club for me errr I mean her.  ::)

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 06:53 PM »

LOL i know its addicting...

quite cute, isn't?

I heart my toaster

silvrstrfx

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 09:14 PM »

Haha, one of the DIS kids made me join ClubPenguin waaaaaaaay back. Burying random strangers in snowballs is pretty amusing.  :D

Not something to do for long periods of time though lol

danovara

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 02:43 PM »

OMG! Sounds amazing.  I don't know, hey grumpy, cat, duck you think my computer can handle it?   :lol: :lol: I think I should try to get a decent machine first! Then worry about a first and second life :crazy2:

bezoar

Re: Avatar
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 03:24 PM »

Actually my avatar is the Robosapien Toy.  Talk about geeky, but it gets a bunch of laughs.

You ain't got nuthin' on geeky... I've been spending a significant amount of time not even exploring and certainly not meeting people, but instead sitting on a platform 500 meters in the air, and... writing computer programs ("scripting" in Second Life). On the other hand, I released it for sale a little while ago, and somewhat to my surprise, it's selling. Rather well, in fact -- more than $70 USD so far. Not bad for playing a "free" game, that I don't plan to pay to join as a "premium member."

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 04:03 AM »

Ok I was purposely avoiding this thread, but finally could resist no longer and read it through completely last night, which of course led me to creating my own "second life" Pretty amazing game!  I was in the area where you are supposed to learn the basics and all was going well, but somehow I teleported myself to somewhere else, and I was lost after that.  I was pretty impressed though.  I named my character Tigress Jewell (shocking I know)
I would love to find some friendly person to help me out should I decide to brave it again. LOL 

So, how do I get back to beginners island or whatever its called?  I need to finish my lessons!  :lol:
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

Alien

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 12:46 PM »

I'm sorry to say Tiger, once you teleport off the island of "Will This Training Tutorial Ever End???", it becomes locked to you and you can't complete it unless you delete your character and start over. 

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 01:25 PM »

Bummer!  Wonder why do they make you teleport off as part of your tutorial then?  A little warning would have been nice, lol.  I ended up in some Korean place!  :lol: I will get it figured out though, its got me so curious now.
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

danovara

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 03:58 PM »

No Kidding! Sex really doesn't "sell" with me but I am very curious about this game.  Sounds neat.  Is there a way to play it and just not deal with too much of that part of the game?

Alien

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 07:17 PM »

They do have areas designated as "PG" rated areas and others as "Mature" within the game.  So if you do, before moving to different areas on the map, you can check out the ratings of the area before deciding on whether to go to them or not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up