VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have a Second Life?  (Read 116270 times)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
Re: Does anyone have a Second Life?
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2007, 01:06 PM »

There are also sunbathing towels that act like camp chairs and pay you every 10 mins or so that you sunbathe on them.  Your avatar lays down on them and turns every few seconds.  Thats another one of those things that if you use them, be sure to stand up before teleporting.  Yes I did it, but I thought it was really funny that my avatar would get up and walk, then lay back down again once I released the arrow key.  She also was levitating all over the room, all in all, it was pretty entertaining. 

I don't have near the free stuff that y'all have accumulated yet, but.. I did want to say that in one of the boxes I got there was a Duck Pond  ;D  Honestly, I am not making this up!
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

hrhkit

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2007, 02:30 PM »

Edited to add:
After confirming that Kit was both detached from her Couch of Love, and umm, "decent", I had the pleasure of meeting her briefly in SL. Apparently, her adventures with clothing (or lack thereof) have inspired her to perhaps overcompensate. I am too nice a person to post screenshots (OK, I was laughing so hard I forgot to take any), but suffice it to say that Her Royal Highness Kit looks quite dashing...

...wearing chainmail?

OK, ok...very funny, Be. At least no one manhandled me in my chainmail!!!

I did put on parts of the ballgown you gave me and look a little better now though, thanks. I haven't yet gotten into GURL6 to get new hair and I am quite bummed about THAT.

Disneyfan_77

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2007, 06:10 PM »

Woot! It was fun showing all the girls around.
Any other girls wanting to join, find me for the makeover. LOL :)
Kit and Pirate can attest to my shopping and makeover expertise! :cool2:
Just don't ask me to scipt or build, not that geeky yet; but trust me, my geekness has been witnessed by Be. :D
See you all soon.
Back to work for me. :(

BTW, Like be please don't refer to me as Fan in public chat or vice versa refer to my name in their over here. Still the shy and private person that I am despite my outfits in SL! :)
Just pm me for my name to find me. Have fun all, hope others join. I may be first to buy land for us to hang out in.
We will see.

Be, how do you check IM offline. Is it in the secondlife online account somewhere?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 06:14 PM by Disneyfan_77 »

bezoar

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2007, 07:33 PM »

I may be first to buy land for us to hang out in.
We will see.

Be, how do you check IM offline. Is it in the secondlife online account somewhere?

Under Preferences (I think) you can choose to have offline IM sent to your email account. After that happens, for the next couple of days, you can actually reply by email and have your reply IM'd to the person in SL. It doesn't work after a few days, though.

With a permanent place to keep an object, though, I'm pretty sure I could write a script that would accept and forward emails / IM to people.

If you get land, I can chip in for 512 square meters or more, if you are interested. You probably want at LEAST 1024 sq m, because with 512 you only have ~117 prims to build with, which is not enough for any kind of house + furnishing. And if you own land, I'd love to play around with figuring out how to stream audio / video into the land parcel -- can you say Disney theme park music and background loops? Maybe even ride videos? :)

Alien

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2007, 11:19 PM »

For those that may be trying to get on this morning... (taken from SL Blog)

We are planning on performing maintenance work in the regular weekly slot of 7:00 AM PDT to 9:00 AM PDT tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb 21st, 2007. Second Life will be unavailable during this period.

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2007, 07:50 AM »

Uh.. more than just Be witnessed your geekiness Fan, lol  But hey, thats what its for!!  You look marvelous dahhling. You come in handy for protection too! (poor pirate)

If we're going to do land.. I just might have to chip in too.  I was in a little zoo yesterday and I kept thinking jungle cruise.  :D  Roll up.. roll up...  ;D
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2007, 08:09 AM »

If we're going to do land.. I just might have to chip in too.  I was in a little zoo yesterday and I kept thinking jungle cruise.  :D  Roll up.. roll up...  ;D
There are a few things to be aware of, regarding land:
  • land prices are thought to be at unsustainable highs at the moment (people keep comparing it to the Tech Bubble, or the Dutch Tulip Craze)
  • the First Land program was permanently abolished yesterday; it was the only way to get really cheap small parcels of Land, and was very nearly the ONLY reason to have a paid membership. I'd highly recommend NOT getting a paid membership at this point (sadly, I did pay up last week)
  • so, at the moment (until LL gets a few thousand more servers online, to make land more available), the best option might be to "rent", rather than to "buy"

Or, of course, we could just go out and "buy" a private island. Only $1700 USD startup fee, and $300 USD / month afterwards!

(But more likely, I'm just going to continue to hang out in free public sandboxes...)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2007, 08:17 AM »

That kind of stinks.  I would assume the rental prices will go sky high now too.  Sounds best to just hold out until they make more land available.  And, wow, Islands are expensive!!  The people who already own islands.. are they or did they pay that much too?
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2007, 08:51 AM »

And, wow, Islands are expensive!!  The people who already own islands.. are they or did they pay that much too?

I'm pretty sure they paid less -- I think there was a price increase a month or two ago.

hrhkit

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2007, 11:01 AM »

Yes, Fan...you are the ultimate makeover artiste girl...and I thank you so much! Many improvements made to my avatar yesterday (a few more to go, lol). And, wow, are YOU hot!  :-*

Also would like to thank everyone else for their help yesterday (glad I could amuse you in return).  ;D Love those booty shakin' moves you gave me, Jewel! You do live up to your Wench title.  :cool2:

It was super fun yesterday. I do hope we can all (Be, Fan, Pirate, Jewel & myself) be on at the same time again...

...What was with that, uh, animal baloon guy? And was he blowing up those baloons with his **^((^%? Quite an eye opening experience THAT was!!!!

DaraAllen

So, Is This Why Very Few People are On VMK anymore?
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2007, 01:45 PM »

I've been wondering why the usual suspects have not been on much, and why most of my friends list is not online.  Is this Second Life the reason why?

If so, is this yet another addiction I have to look forward to?

bezoar

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2007, 03:05 PM »

Yes, Fan...you are the ultimate makeover artiste girl...and I thank you so much! Many improvements made to my avatar yesterday (a few more to go, lol). And, wow, are YOU hot!  :-*

I saw the newly done-up, non-chainmail wearing Kit today...

:o

:thumbs:

hrhkit

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2007, 08:04 AM »

Heh heh...Thanks Be!  :cool2:

bezoar

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2007, 09:03 AM »

So, what did DH think of the virtual you?

hrhkit

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2007, 09:47 AM »

So, what did DH think of the virtual you?

Uh, do you really have to ask?  :lol:

Disney Dreams

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2007, 10:48 PM »

okay, okay, so here it is...

Heard about 2nd Life long before this thread started from a friend of a friend.  I know at some point REAL money is involved and sort of scared to go there (and get taken!).

Made an account, played around a bit in the "training area" and felt a bit clueless.  Have not gone back.

Then this thread popped up.  Would honestly LOVE to get in and figure it out but would feel so much better if someone I felt some sort of connection / trust with was in there with me.

Anyone at all willing to help me find my footing?  Just in the beginning?  I really want to play - and now many of you are there and it's more tempting - but hesitant to go where I have never gone before in the virtual world.

Thanks,
Dreams (staring at the brand new shiny bike with red streamers from the handle bars thinking, I really really really want to - but what if I fall?)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 10:51 PM by Disney Dreams »

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2007, 07:39 AM »

I don't think that you have to ever fork over real money to enjoy this game, but I agree it can be very overwhelming! The great thing is that we have your group "Yensid Wanderers" and we pretty much keep a group chat window going anytime anyone is on.  You just need to join our group, or tell us your SL name and we can send you an invite to the group.  Then  you'll have your own support group which includes a few veterans!
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up