VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shamrock Pizza Races 3-16  (Read 1940 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Shamrock Pizza Races 3-16
« on: March 16, 2011, 04:10 PM »

I know Astro already added this event to the calendar sticky, but it runs until 7:30 EST, anther half hour.

You need to run to the pizza oven and mini-fridge to get a pizza box and soda, then race back to your seat.

The kids both got in queue pretty quickly, but the line was moving slowly. They both love these kind of races, but here's the problem I have. Prince Blue got into Mintie's room and Princess Red was in Cactus' room. Here's the issue - Mintie gave out prizes to everyone, Cactus only to the winner. So, I have one child a little disappointed and feeling like this is not fair. I am one who does not mind if the staff give out prizes to everyone for this type of event. It is so hard to get in and I was glad to see Mintie awarding something to everyone. But, if that is how it is done, they should all do that.

Luckily, my kids aren't real attached to the virtual stuff, it was the sense of injustice that had our daughter a little upset. Well, she is back in queue for Mintie's room.  :lolg: Hopefully she will have some luck this time!

Good Luck everybody!  :bighug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Shamrock Pizza Races 3-16
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:47 PM »

Wow.  You guys got serious luck, Wendy.  Between the 3 of us...using multiple clones...we got:  1 number?  :??:  And I sat on the number (it started as 19) for...45 minutes?  LOL  That...is ludicrous.

I can describe this event in two words:  epic fail.

This is without a doubt the most inefficient event VFK runs.  Yes, it's fun...if you are able to even get a number to get in.  And therein lies the problem.  Even with four host rooms open:  each round takes around 5-10 minutes (or more).  You do the math.  Four people in each room in each round.  People DCing.  Host has to pull another person.  Go through the instructions all over again.  Crazy amounts of time for each group of 4.  Some hosts awarding the room the prize....some not (like Wendy said).

Summary:
This is a fun game to play.  However, the odds of getting in are incredibly minuscule.  No consistency in awarding prizes among the hosts.  Not too hard to evaluate this event.  :td:  Personal opinion.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 07:11 PM »

Hugs to everyone that tried to play this event. :bighug: The irony is, usually the kids have no interest in these type of VFK events, but they are both not feeling very well today, so we were all just resting tonight when we found out there would be an event.

I was really excited for them that they each got into a room with almost identical queue numbers. It was funny, because their races were merely seconds apart. So, we were all laughing as they each raced. Then, one room all gets prizes, the other gets a "Better Luck next Time".

Luckily, our daughter wasn't uber upset about the prize itself, she just couldn't understand why the rules were different for some rooms. She was too funny, though, and said, "Well I'm getting in Mintie's line.". :lolg: She got very lucky and got into the race again and Mintie was still awarding prizes to everyone.

All in all, I can't complain, as I know many people were waiting to simply get into the queue. We were actually pretty lucky tonight.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:24 PM »

Aww.   Glad to hear you guys had success tonight, Wendy.  VFK was against the Flames for some reason tonight.  LOL.  It's worse when an hour goes by...and nobody has another number.  Everyone gets tense.  Blah.

To make something like this work, they really need to display the rules for the game before the people get into the event room.  They could display them on the Queue number screen or something like that.  That way, they don't have to give instructions over and over and over after they finally get 4 people into the room.

Obviously, they would also need to open MANY more rooms to accomodate all the clones.  Even 7 rooms would barely ease the congestion (in my personal estimation).  

Even with all that, the rounds still require at least 5 minutes to complete (barring DCing, people starting too early, confused people, etc.).  Just about any event where you have 'x' number of people in a room at a time competing with each other is going to crawl.  It's a shame 'cause they're fun games.

Congrats to your kids, Wendy.  They're cool looking panels ;)  :bighug:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:37 PM by flamanar »

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 10:27 PM »

so we were all just resting tonight when we found out there would be an event.

This is what makes me mad with this game, I checked their event calendar the entire day before and even the early morning of the event, but there was NOTHING listed so I thought "wow, we get a day off from VFK?  That is so unusual." and went about doing some housework.  When I came back here later that night I was shocked to see there was an event.  I was infuriated that we missed out on the Shamrock Panels.  I checked and double checked and nothing was on there so it just makes me so mad.  Sigh, I guess a day off was to good to be true.  :cry:  :mad:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^
Pages: [1]   Go Up