VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/3 Jade's Spinner Game  (Read 2387 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
3/3 Jade's Spinner Game
« on: March 03, 2011, 03:03 PM »

In- game blast:

HOST_Jade's Spinner game has now started.  You will find the room on the Host Room List where you can enter the queue.

To win tonight you will need to match HOST_Jade's spin, number or color. Winners will get the crossword puzzle glasses. Consolation prize will be your choice of the Crossword Puzzle Hat or Pin.  Hope to see you there.

I have to leave in a half hour... but,  Good Luck to All!   :clapping:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
Re: 3/3 Jade's Spinner Game
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:29 PM »

Thanks Astro!
I got on late so I missed most of this Host event. Hope we had some winners!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:40 PM »

A Complete, total, frustrating, maddening, BLECH waste of time.....

I hate these spinner events!

OTOH: at least I could walk away for periods of time and get things done knowing that there was NO POSSIBILITY that I would get a number and miss my chance.

(short and sweet opinion of .it)

:bm: <----  and none of  ---->   :cheerleader: from me today, rofl.

Oh and...some time in the game she changed it so that ANYONE who got in could get the pin; winners or losers!  It just about figures that one of my favorite pins of all and it's proving to be a pain in the VFK-butt to achieve!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:48 PM by Flamanette »

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:47 PM »

A Complete, total, frustrating, maddening, BLECH waste of time.....

I hate these spinner events!

OTOH: at least I could walk away for periods of time and get things done knowing that there was NO POSSIBILITY that I would get a number and miss my chance.

(short and sweet opinion of .it)

:bm:

Oh and...some time in the game she changed it so that ANYONE who got in could get the pin; winners or losers!  It just about figures that one of my favorite pins of all it proving to be a pain in the VFK-butt to achieve!

+1  'Nuff said.  Too many people wanting to get into an event that can't even come CLOSE to handling that kind of volume. 

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14 PM »

We hopped on for about an hour or so, waiting with queue full while doing other things on the computer. After an hour, I just exited out and we did some other things. I'm not a huge fan of these particular crossword items, so I think that made it easier to just say, 'Forget it'. Hope some people had some success - I did like that anyone who was able to get in won something. With it being so hard to just get into the room, that is the best way to do it.  :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:26 PM »

We hopped on for about an hour or so, waiting with queue full while doing other things on the computer. After an hour, I just exited out and we did some other things. I'm not a huge fan of these particular crossword items, so I think that made it easier to just say, 'Forget it'. Hope some people had some success - I did like that anyone who was able to get in won something. With it being so hard to just get into the room, that is the best way to do it.  :)
Very true.  Funny thing was that everyone wanted to LOSE...so they could get the new pin as the consolation prize.  LOL.  Later I heard she added the pin to the winning prize, too.  Congrats to those who were able to get in.  They really need to open more rooms for this type of event, though...along with a couple more hosts to occupy those rooms.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:39 PM »

I remember VMK doing "Spinner" type events, but with the number generators. It was one host running the event, but they had a system in the room making it more efficient. (Because they had the turnstyles or had people riding into the room and then using the turnstyles to get in.) I remember those events were hard to get into also, but the games would go faster because the Hosts would usually have 4-5 players at a time enter the game area and each sat/stood by their own number generator. The host would spin their generator or tell the players what they had to match, then the players would spin. (All 5 players at once). Then that group would leave and the next group would be let into the game area of the room.

I wonder if a gate type of furniture would make this game easier to run. (To hold players in the holding area) Then maybe multiple players could spin at once? The problem I see with that is that the grid system is still a little wonky and it is easy to walk across barriers. I suppose just having multiple rooms at a time would speed things up. Having the event for 3 hours was a good try, though. :hmmmm:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:53 PM »

I remember VMK doing "Spinner" type events, but with the number generators. It was one host running the event, but they had a system in the room making it more efficient. (Because they had the turnstyles or had people riding into the room and then using the turnstyles to get in.) I remember those events were hard to get into also, but the games would go faster because the Hosts would usually have 4-5 players at a time enter the game area and each sat/stood by their own number generator. The host would spin their generator or tell the players what they had to match, then the players would spin. (All 5 players at once). Then that group would leave and the next group would be let into the game area of the room.

I wonder if a gate type of furniture would make this game easier to run. (To hold players in the holding area) Then maybe multiple players could spin at once? The problem I see with that is that the grid system is still a little wonky and it is easy to walk across barriers. I suppose just having multiple rooms at a time would speed things up. Having the event for 3 hours was a good try, though. :hmmmm:
Wow.  Another thing I missed at VMK!  Sounds more efficient the way they did it back then.

Yes, barriers on VFK are a problem.  Three hours at least gave the event more time, aye.  They've done multiple rooms for other events on VFK in the past...and they seem to have almost twice the hosts than they had back then.  Shouldn't be a problem for them, but dunno what their setup is like at VFK.  Hopefully they'll pursue ways to make the event easier to access, since it IS fun to play IF you can get in.

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 05:20 AM »

Wow.  Another thing I missed at VMK!  Sounds more efficient the way they did it back then.

Yes, barriers on VFK are a problem.  Three hours at least gave the event more time, aye.  They've done multiple rooms for other events on VFK in the past...and they seem to have almost twice the hosts than they had back then.  Shouldn't be a problem for them, but dunno what their setup is like at VFK.  Hopefully they'll pursue ways to make the event easier to access, since it IS fun to play IF you can get in.

Wow Wendy!  What you describe sounds so much better! I wouldn't mind the waiting and waiting (and sometimes waiting some more) if it were run more efficiently, and more ppl could actually get in!  I think they COULD run a few players at once spinning, if they stationed another staff in the room to keep an eye on things.  That extra staff could be the one wearing the steel toed BOOTS!  Or, really, just set up another room.  I think that realistically a host could keep an eye on 2 players at once, each using ONE wheel.  The win could be set up like this: wins would equal one of 2 colors, or 1 of 2 numbers.  Or: since she has been giving consolation prizes anyway, make ONE win spot on the wheel.  Lots of ways this could be run better in my opinion.

It's just so incredibly frustrating to wait soooooo long and have nothing to show for it -- well unless you count: 2 loads of laundry, clean dishes, and dinner served, school curriculum ordered, rofl.  It seems the best way to go is to have several peeps signed in and ready. If I have 5 peeps signed on, I MIGHT get 1-2 of them in, maybe.  With more than one mouth to feed, it's what works best.

I am looking toward this weekend's event both with dread and excitement.  VFK staff have been hyping it up so much that I fear its going to be yet another queue disaster, with players waiting and waiting and never getting in.  Sigh.  I will try to be optimistic though.  But to hype up such an event with the queue system STILL having difficulties, is just a disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.  But sadly, VFK never, ever asks me....hehe

:coffee3:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 08:46 PM »

I LOVED THE CROSSWORD PIN and even liked the hat, but with that being said both Mom and I NEVER got in.  Did anyone get in and win cause it sounds like no one got in?

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^
Pages: [1]   Go Up