VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/18 VFK Daytona Weekend Racing Extravaganza! Friday/Saturday/Sunday  (Read 7952 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: 2/18 VFK Daytona Weekend Racing Extravaganza! Friday/Saturday/Sunday
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 10:20 PM »

Hugs Flame.  :bighug: Totally understand what you are saying. I wasn't trying to lecture about pixels, I hope it didn't come across that way. I know all of us here know the priority of in-game items vs. real life, I think I was just stating how I often have to step back myself.

As far as friend codes, when the kids get back from Grandma's house, we'll have to pm you their friend codes. Our son and his best friend live about 25 minutes apart and both home school, so they see each other at church on weekends and other planned events, but can't get together as often as they's like, They love linking up on the Wii to play Mario Kart. I love technology in that way. They are miles apart and yet are playing a video game together like they are in the same room! LOVE IT! Plus, King and I love to race too. Nothing like family game night playing Mario Kart.  :2thunbs:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 12:08 AM »

Hugs Flame.  :bighug: Totally understand what you are saying. I wasn't trying to lecture about pixels, I hope it didn't come across that way. I know all of us here know the priority of in-game items vs. real life, I think I was just stating how I often have to step back myself.

As far as friend codes, when the kids get back from Grandma's house, we'll have to pm you their friend codes. Our son and his best friend live about 25 minutes apart and both home school, so they see each other at church on weekends and other planned events, but can't get together as often as they's like, They love linking up on the Wii to play Mario Kart. I love technology in that way. They are miles apart and yet are playing a video game together like they are in the same room! LOVE IT! Plus, King and I love to race too. Nothing like family game night playing Mario Kart.  :2thunbs:
No, your post was fine with me, Wendy :)  I know about 'stepping back'.  Had to do that a few nights ago.  I take Hero, and we drive around looking for the rare TRON: Legacy toys at local toy stores (all of us are TRON fanatics!).  LOL you don't want to even know how many toys we've landed from the new movie that are considered 'rare'.  Sadly, the line has ended.  There is talk about releasing some more toys around April when the Blu-ray/DVD hits stores...so maybe more action then.  In the meantime, stores aren't getting any more new stock, and they're selling out of what they have.  Sometimes we can hit almost 10 stores in a night.  LOL.  It's just the boys going out, some good old (safe) rock and roll playing loud, and some high-fives when we score a rare toy :)  LOL.  And some horseplay mixed in there, too ;)  It's alot of fun for us.  Definitely a 'bonding experience'.  Sometimes we talk instead of listening to music.  Every time is different.  I give him things to do, like finding a department rep to ask about the toys.  I'll have him ask them questions...so I'm building his confidence in himself so that he knows how to talk to people and take charge of certain situations (like if a rep gives him a hard time).  Although he's pretty well set now, and needs little to no coaching from me, anymore :)  He's an incredibly intelligent kid.  Very talented.  A good kid.  And I'm totally biased, of course :P  LOL :)

Can't wait for the friends codes.  The kids used to play against a couple other kids on the Wii, so they'll be happy to have a couple of new kids around their ages to have fun with remotely.  It's a cool world with all this new technology!  When we were kids, we had to do everything the 'hard way'.   :lolg:

Anywho, glad we talked.  Racing time is always stressful for me.  But the rewards sort of make up for it in the end, I guess :)  We will do our best.  Because the best is all we can do ;)

(hugs) again

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 09:15 PM »

Well the races are off to a great start!  Not...  LOL

Same bugs from the last event are STILL there!  Talked to VFK today, and they're passing it on to a developer...  :doh:

Also, the times posted on the homepage are not finalized!  LOL.  Nobody has any idea how good or bad they're doing now!

I was also told that even though we receive a time when we finish...the race could be thrown out because of 'checkpoints'?  :??:  Hey...if I get a time, then it's a legit race!  Now I'm being told that they might throw a race out...after the fact?  Um.  Uncool.  How in the WORLD are we to gauge how well or poorly we are doing?  We aren't given times in anything other than whole numbers...excluding fractions of a second.  Times may or may not be thrown out without our knowing about it.  This seriously bites.  Why can't VFK actually offer a racing event...WITHOUT BUGS?  And even if there ARE bugs, the developers don't have time to fix them.  So we race about 20 perfect races.  Nothing but tire on road.  About THREE of those end up yielding times?  Houston...we have the same problem...   :td:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 06:24 AM »

I can't stay on the road; never could. Mostly as result of inept driving with these types of games and the freezing up which then zooms me to "who knows where I end up" once I unfreeze.  So I either tried to zoom quickly but freeze; or try to "crawl" through parts of it. Point being, that even with the messed up freezing driving/etc for me - some of my "time" recorded for practice pins had to definitely be wrong! What I saw on my computer screen might not have actually been really on the roads - I probably did freeze on my screen while my car zoomed over dirt missing complete "s" turns of road.  :sur: :rofl1:

So I could see why they would throw things out because of "check points" along the way to that finish line.

But, I am not trying to beat anyone, because I just don't care to "place" in any spot. I just wanted to try to make it around the track for the practice pin - just to have one. But, if I don't get those pins, I don't care about those either.  I think I have 1 pin this time around. To me the racing event was so not worth spending hours or dealing with stress to try. jmho  :)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:49 AM by funfly »

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 11:54 AM »

I can't stay on the road; never could. Mostly as result of inept driving with these types of games and the freezing up which then zooms me to "who knows where I end up" once I unfreeze.  So I either tried to zoom quickly but freeze; or try to "crawl" through parts of it. Point being, that even with the messed up freezing driving/etc for me - some of my "time" recorded for practice pins had to definitely be wrong! What I saw on my computer screen might not have actually been really on the roads - I probably did freeze on my screen while my car zoomed over dirt missing complete "s" turns of road.  :sur: :rofl1:

So I could see why they would throw things out because of "check points" along the way to that finish line.

But, I am not trying to beat anyone, because I just don't care to "place" in any spot. I just wanted to try to make it around the track for the practice pin - just to have one. But, if I don't get those pins, I don't care about those either.  I think I have 1 pin this time around. To me the racing event was so not worth spending hours or dealing with stress to try. jmho  :)

I share your opinion friend. :bighug: If they don't have the ability to process checkpoints along the race, it is a good thing to check them in the end. Otherwise, cheating would really be happening like crazy. I didn't even get one racing pin this time around. :lolg: :shy: I just didn't have it in me to even race. I really struggle using those arrow keys to drive. Plus, King and I had a fun date day yesterday and I get my belated "Valentine's Day dinner" tonight. I am bummed to be missing a Host event tonight, but I think dinner will help... ;)

By the way, glad to hear you had a fun weekend with family! (Read that on another thread) Woot!

Hope the Flames did well in the races! Good Luck!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28 PM »

Thanks Wendy.

GL to those who are racing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:39 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 07:03 PM »

. Plus, King and I had a fun date day yesterday and I get my belated "Valentine's Day dinner" tonight. I am bummed to be missing a Host event tonight, but I think dinner will help... ;)

By the way, glad to hear you had a fun weekend with family! (Read that on another thread) Woot!

Thanks Wendy, it was a very full house and we all had so much fun together! We had people sleeping in almost every room of our house!  :grouphug3:

Sorry you missed the Host event tonight; check for 2 gift packages for girls. My boys were left out in the hall though :(

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35 AM »

A full house of family fun - can we join you next time? :lolg: Sounds like a blast! :dance2:

Thank you for thinking of us - how very sweet of you!  :bighug: :hug: You absolutely did not need to give us anything. Thanks so much friend! :bighug: :hug:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 02:25 PM »

I want to Congratulate the Flames on winning the Race Day/Daytona Racing Extravaganza!   :clap1:  :trophy:

Final Times:

Modified Races

First Place awards go to:
1. Bionicle_Hero   00:42.078
2. Flamanar   00:42.157
3. Flamanette   00:42.246

Second Place awards go to:
4. infiinity   00:43.168

Third Place awards go to:
5. Cutiemorgan   00:46.739
6. MandM   00:46.653
7. Tomorrow   00:46.341

Great Job!  Congrats Winners!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 02:36 PM »

Thanks Fish.i :)  Lightning really can strike 3 times in the same place  :laugh2:

We do have a problem, however.  For those that didn't notice, a couple of my clones showed up on the racing list for Saturday.  Um...no idea how that happened.  I raced 15 people on Saturday just to get the daily pin.  Wasn't even trying.  Half paying attention.  Man...like NOBODY must have been racing that day!  

Since I've said earlier in this thread that I don't believe in racing clones for extra pins or prizes in competitions like this, we are in the middle of trying to come up with a solution to rectify the situation.  I take my reputation seriously, so this WILL be corrected.

Just wanted to let everyone know...before people started to think that the Flames were out for a 'pin grab'.  The titles are my 'known clones', so everyone would have realized eventually.  Hence:  this post to let everyone know that we will do the proper thing and fix the situation.  It seriously was an honest mistake, and we weren't even trying.  Those clones only did ONE race a piece...so....................................?  :??:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:22 PM by flamanar »

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 08:28 PM »

Congrats to the Flame Family! :dance2: :2thunbs:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 10:09 PM »

Congrats to the Flame Family! :dance2: :2thunbs:
Thanks Wendy :)  We really did spend alot of time working to win.  We pulled an all-nighter Sunday night.  The previous 2 nights were few hours of sleep. 

Thanks for noticing :)

(hugs)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 04:51 AM »

Thank you fish.i and Wendy.  As Flame said, it was a sleepless night for us all...but to see the looks on the kids faces when the results finally came up...it was priceless.  Hero was very very happy that we ended up participating!

Thanks again!

:cheerleader:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 06:54 PM »

Finally trying to catch up with everything here...

Congrats to Flames and the other winners!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20 PM »

Thanks Fun.  Appreciate it.

:rantsw:
Unfortunately, it hasn't heen a 'happy ending'.  Hero now wants to leave VFK because of the way we've been treated since winning.  He was in tears tonight.  He said he "hates VFK". 

We've been accused of cheating so many times...  Stabbed in the back by friends.  Apparently lost friends because of jealousy.  We've been accused of having Hero race all our races.  We've been accused of racing EACH OTHERS races!  Now honestly...I ask you:  if we were doing these things...why wouldn't we also race Mermaid (our young daughter) and get another suit and another set of pins?!  If we REALLY wanted to cheat, we would have run ALL our clones....and swept BOTH modified AND stock lists.  All Flames & clones.  Think about the reality of that for a minute.  We COULD do it!  The only scraps left over for anyone else would be random pins.  Maybe that's the solution.  Maybe then people will 'get it'.  It seems like racing clones is good enough for everyone else.  Why not us?  We've been playing too nice, I guess.  Too honest.  Too caring about letting others have a chance at placing by ONLY running 3 out of our 4 mains.  And sorry, disbelieving VFK racers:  YOU WERE ALL BEATEN BY A 14-YEAR-OLD.   :lolp:   Pathetic.
 :rantsw:

Man.  I'm beginning to see things in a whole new light...  :idea:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Thanks Fish.i :)  Lightning really can strike 3 times in the same place  :laugh2:

We do have a problem, however.  For those that didn't notice, a couple of my clones showed up on the racing list for Saturday.  Um...no idea how that happened.  I raced 15 people on Saturday just to get the daily pin.  Wasn't even trying.  Half paying attention.  Man...like NOBODY must have been racing that day!  

Since I've said earlier in this thread that I don't believe in racing clones for extra pins or prizes in competitions like this, we are in the middle of trying to come up with a solution to rectify the situation.  I take my reputation seriously, so this WILL be corrected.

Just wanted to let everyone know...before people started to think that the Flames were out for a 'pin grab'.  The titles are my 'known clones', so everyone would have realized eventually.  Hence:  this post to let everyone know that we will do the proper thing and fix the situation.  It seriously was an honest mistake, and we weren't even trying.  Those clones only did ONE race a piece...so....................................?  :??:

Just an update concerning our pin situation.  With VFK's help, they are no longer in our possession.  We fixed a situation that happened completely by accident.  Since Flame values his credibility, it was important that I make the situation right. 

Again:  just wanted everyone to know that I didn't keep them.  I also didn't trade them.  I received nothing in return for the pins.  I had no intention of getting them when I raced (since I'm against people using clones to do a 'pin grab').  I guess next time I'll wait a few seconds at the finish line with each of my clones...sheesh.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up