VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/18 VFK Daytona Weekend Racing Extravaganza! Friday/Saturday/Sunday  (Read 7947 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

I just got this pop up:

This is the weekend for the Daytona 500 in Daytona Beach, Florida!

The Daytona 500 traditionally kicks off the racing season and has been run since 1959!

Be a part of racing history and celebrate the start of the racing season with the VFK Daytona Weekend Racing Extravaganza!

Check the home page for details!

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

Just giving you all a heads up.  :)

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

ETA:  Homepage Rules/Info.   Added

From the VFK Homepage:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:02 PM by Astro »
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: VFK Daytona Weekend Racing Extravaganza!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 02:16 PM »

Thanks Krazy.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:39 PM »

From the VFK Homepage:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:42 PM »

ugh   :hmm:  , not interested in this at all.  Looks like a nice vacation away from VFK this weekend.   :dance2:

Only thing I'll do is practice pins .. maybe

Good Luck to All that try   ;)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:22 PM »

ugh   :hmm:  , not interested in this at all.  Looks like a nice vacation away from VFK this weekend.   :dance2:

Only thing I'll do is practice pins .. maybe

Good Luck to All that try   ;)

I second that! :lolg: No thanks to the racing. We'll probably do the practice pins too, but this will give me a chance to rest. (Plus, the kids are going to grandma's house for the weekend so I get a belated Valentine's Day dinner :bighug: )
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 05:45 PM »

I second that! :lolg: No thanks to the racing. We'll probably do the practice pins too, but this will give me a chance to rest. (Plus, the kids are going to grandma's house for the weekend so I get a belated Valentine's Day dinner :bighug: )

Indeed, it will be a nice, quiet -- VFK vacation!  So deserved too!   :2thunbs:    Not interested in the racing AT ALL!

Enjoy your Valentine's dinner!  And do rest, Princess.    :hug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 2/18 VFK Daytona Weekend Racing Extravaganza! Friday/Saturday/Sunday
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:54 PM »

We're seriously talking about this event between all my family.  I seriously don't want to, after the disgusting display of greed (clones in BOTH modified AND stock races, much?)  and cutthroat behavior I saw last time we raced (anyone give me a BE?).  

We raced the last time to defend out title, and to get a new prize.  In the end, we kept our title (although they gave out more of 'our' suits to others)...and we got an extra bottle of milk and the same trophy we had, but with a white 'M' on the front.  Oh, and a couple new pins.  Whee.  :hmm:

This time looks no different.  Why VFK puts on an event...awarding most of the SAME prizes as they have the last 2 events...is beyond me.  I'm not sure I'm up to 'protecting my title'.  And all the belly-aching, jealousy, greed, clones, blech.  WE RAN NO CLONES LAST TIME, WHILE ONE PERSON RACED NOTHING BUT CLONES AND LOADED UP ON PINS IN BOTH CATEGORIES. 

And nothing like last minute notice, too.  Man, I wish I knew what was going on with VFK lately...  :td:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:58 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 08:29 PM »

Well I know why VFK hands out the same prizes ... so that more players can get a chance at them.  The same reason for any other prizes in VFK.  NOTHING is exclusive anymore.  I'm okay with that, because in time there will always be a new player that needs to acquire something from the past ... so really nothing loses value, in all reality.  Everything just needs to age.

All of the prizes from the races as far as I knew from the past are not tradeable, except pins.  So, again ... exactly why VFK does this .. it's supposed to promote other players to try and win.

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked so far.  I don't expect to see a change this time either.  The same players will load up their clones, to get duplicates of the rare pins.

I'll take my leisurely one lap around the track, to get my practice pin.  But I'm done after that. 

And that is why I have ZERO desire to participate.   :) 

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:10 PM »

Well I know why VFK hands out the same prizes ... so that more players can get a chance at them.  The same reason for any other prizes in VFK.  NOTHING is exclusive anymore.  I'm okay with that, because in time there will always be a new player that needs to acquire something from the past ... so really nothing loses value, in all reality.  Everything just needs to age.

All of the prizes from the races as far as I knew from the past are not tradeable, except pins.  So, again ... exactly why VFK does this .. it's supposed to promote other players to try and win.

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked so far.  I don't expect to see a change this time either.  The same players will load up their clones, to get duplicates of the rare pins.

I'll take my leisurely one lap around the track, to get my practice pin.  But I'm done after that. 

And that is why I have ZERO desire to participate.   :) 
LOL I know what you mean.  I disagree to an extent.  I can see VFK wanting people to have multiple chances to get tradable items.  But one-time special event awards should be...one-time (if they are non-tradable).  Otherwise, the people who raced the first time will have no desire/incentive to participate again.  So including and excluding.  Also, the people who won event 'X' the first time might want to protect their title.  Their 'winnings' for doing that?  A few tradable items that really aren't worth anything.  I think that's uncool to not award a person who legitimately wins an event...even if they win AGAIN.  Instead...what do they get?  Recognition is about it...and that doesn't pay the bills.  LOL

Eh.  What do I know?   :hmm:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 09:44 PM »

I tried a few times to do the practice race...just for the pin. Each time I freeze up; when unfrozen I get the empty box with "New Race" showing.  :bm:

So I try it with a clone; almost completed the "lap" when it poof the box and shows up "new race" again with no pin.  I give up - not worth the frustration.

Agreed with you Astro I like that they do allow others/new people a chance at this stuff though. Perhaps some of the new people will win; so there might be new people winning after all.

I would prefer that everyone be able to easily obtain all items (past or present) anyway - that in itself would keep some (or alot) of the greed out of the game. Bring back items at certain times of the year (like they did with the Christmas tree lot and some of the ride pieces) It's a game made for fun. In real life, it doesn't matter who has how many of these pixels.

As for me, I'll stick to doing the other stuff that I have fun with in the game. No need to compete in nor complete this racing stuff, woot!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54 PM »

I would prefer that everyone be able to easily obtain all items (past or present) anyway - that in itself would keep some (or alot) of the greed out of the game.

Sadly, that's never gonna happen.  This is VFK, remember?  And it's too late for them to turn the game around now.  Clone armies virtually flood the game for all events...making it more difficult for the rest of the players in the game to win anything.

The game is mainly about greed now with certain big players...which makes it affect everyone.  Shame.  :uhuh2:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 02:05 PM »

I would prefer that everyone be able to easily obtain all items (past or present) anyway - that in itself would keep some (or alot) of the greed out of the game.

Sadly, that's never gonna happen.  This is VFK, remember?  And it's too late for them to turn the game around now.  Clone armies virtually flood the game for all events...making it more difficult for the rest of the players in the game to win anything.

The game is mainly about greed now with certain big players...which makes it affect everyone.  Shame.  :uhuh2:

Many were already doing this in VMK before VFK, so nothing new, that's for sure.  Sooner or later the greed will get to them; they will 'burn out' of trying to win it all to stay at the top of the heap with precious pixels. oh well, whatever makes them happy whether it's host hunts, racing, quests, minigames, trading, building, etc.

On another side note: I am glad to say that during the heart exchange, I saw some people chatting (didn't seem like they knew each other) - but I did see some gifting items to others on more than one occasion. Also, I've noticed more people saying congratulations to the winners of host hunts - nice change of pace from what I had seen months ago.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 02:07 PM by funfly »

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 05:55 PM »

Sadly, that's never gonna happen.  This is VFK, remember?  And it's too late for them to turn the game around now.  Clone armies virtually flood the game for all events...making it more difficult for the rest of the players in the game to win anything.

The game is mainly about greed now with certain big players...which makes it affect everyone.  Shame.  :uhuh2:

Many were already doing this in VMK before VFK, so nothing new, that's for sure.  Sooner or later the greed will get to them; they will 'burn out' of trying to win it all to stay at the top of the heap with precious pixels. oh well, whatever makes them happy whether it's host hunts, racing, quests, minigames, trading, building, etc.

On another side note: I am glad to say that during the heart exchange, I saw some people chatting (didn't seem like they knew each other) - but I did see some gifting items to others on more than one occasion. Also, I've noticed more people saying congratulations to the winners of host hunts - nice change of pace from what I had seen months ago.   :thumb:

I'll second all of what you are saying, Fun! I saw greed of this magnitude on VMK too. Clones were also rampant there, players just tended to keep it quiet. (That is what King and I found to be the case, anyway) Unfortunately, many players were never able to obtain certain items on VMK and I think many people came to VFK and are making sure they can "stay on top". I often remember sitting with many friends (from here and other places) wishing that VMK would make more items easily available for everyone. I know I speak from the perspective of someone who is not a trader, but I would love to see more players be able to get more items.

I also saw some really nice interactions in the Exchange area. People offering extras of exchange items, and many players offering their last spare heart to others who could use it to complete an extra exchange. That was really refreshing to see - made me :) .

Good luck with your decision on the racing Flames. For us this was a no brainer, but we have not really been into the races in the past. Hugs everyone! Our plans got pushed back until tomorrow, but I am still excited about a relaxing real life weekend! Woot! :dance2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 06:59 PM »

LOL I know what you mean.  I disagree to an extent.  I can see VFK wanting people to have multiple chances to get tradable items.  But one-time special event awards should be...one-time (if they are non-tradable).  Otherwise, the people who raced the first time will have no desire/incentive to participate again.  So including and excluding.  Also, the people who won event 'X' the first time might want to protect their title.  Their 'winnings' for doing that?  A few tradable items that really aren't worth anything.  I think that's uncool to not award a person who legitimately wins an event...even if they win AGAIN.  Instead...what do they get?  Recognition is about it...and that doesn't pay the bills.  LOL

Eh.  What do I know?   :hmm:

Okay, but the same goes with ALL VFK competitions.  Building competitions for example... guess what -- again all the same prizes.  Guess what again ... MOST of the same players that constantly win (or I should say place), in those very competitions.... compete again and again -- and sometimes win over and over again.  And NONE of that stuff is tradeable either (shirts, pins, rooms, etc.)

So what stops them from competing again, just to get the SAME prizes again(?)... nothing.. They still compete -- just like the same players will STILL RACE.

ZERO has changed.  The same with VFK awarding the same prizes, ZERO has changed.  There is obviously some incentive to these players to keep competing, whether it be in building competitions or racing.  So, I don't believe for one second that they are not, simply because it's the "same prizes" and there is no incentive to do so.  I don't place in either, so I have no idea why -- nor do I really care.

All I can say if players aren't happy with the prizes, here's an easy solution -- don't participate.  For myself, I usually won't participate in anything VFK, that I don't like or can't stand.  

Agreed with you Astro I like that they do allow others/new people a chance at this stuff though. Perhaps some of the new people will win; so there might be new people winning after all.

I would prefer that everyone be able to easily obtain all items (past or present) anyway - that in itself would keep some (or alot) of the greed out of the game. Bring back items at certain times of the year (like they did with the Christmas tree lot and some of the ride pieces) It's a game made for fun. In real life, it doesn't matter who has how many of these pixels.

Hopefully... we can all hope!

True about the greed.  What I am trying to get at, is simply this ... new players might do very well at racing or host hunts or puzzles, etc.  Therefore, if they want ... they can trade those items, for maybe some older host items or beta items, quest/scavenger hunt items that they want -- that they were not around for.  This way everybody wins.   :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 07:53 PM »

Ya know, I was adamant about not racing this time around because of all the clones and blech.  We are some of the only racers that DON'T race clones, and that race FAIRLY...BY RACING OUR OWN RACES, NOT GETTING OTHERS TO DO IT FOR US.  And by not racing clones to collect as many pins as possible.

In the end, Hero really really wanted us to race again.  If it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have bothered.  I seem to remember others here who competed twice in separate events for the same title.  Not sure what's different about this...

Trading is irrelevant.  The trading market has taken a dump.  Everyone wants an ice item for everything!  VFK is releasing things for such short periods of time that EVERYTHING is rare!  Even if there's tons of it released...people don't want to give it up, unless they get an ice item or a Q magic.

So people can think what they like about us.  I'm sure there's whispers and whatnot.  That's ok...we're used to it.  Just don't blame us.  Blame all the cheaters who use clones to race.  We've received many requests for us to race in place of someone else...so that they can get a suit, or milk bottle, etc.  No way.  We EARNED what we got.  And we will try to do it again.  The honest way.  Without 'backroom deals' and friends racing for friends. 

Nobody remembers who flooded the racing lists last time around with clones in an attempt to grab as many prizes and pins as possible?  THOSE are the real ones who push others off the list...depriving them of chances to win.  If not for us, that person would probably sweep positions #1-5.  AND QUITE FRANKLY, THE FLAMES COULD PROBABLY SWEEP ALL 10 POSITIONS IF WE WANTED TO BY USING OUR CLONES.  We don't do that.  We feel it's wrong, and takes chances of winning away from others.  Heck, we could probably sweep Modified AND Stock in every position!  I know at least one person who would love to do just that.  I'm sorry, but we can't let that happen.  And we will do our best to stop it.

Frankly, I'm not sure what's worse in game right now.  Greed or jealousy.  I think both are equally bad, and rampant in game and off game.  Personal opinion, as always.  :notme:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 09:27 PM »

Flame, I don't think anyone here thinks anything bad because you all enjoy racing and intend to race again this time around. I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing you guys luck for a third set of wins.

I understand what Astro is saying about the prizes for new folks and about the prizes staying the same. I am one of those people here who has won two events for identical prizes - the first two building events. If they did another building event, I'd probably enter again because I love building rooms. I love the challenge of building a room for competition, so for me those competitions really have zero to do with whatever virtual item is the prize. I don't worry about making sure I have first place again each time, I just want to build something that is my best and can be enjoyed.

Now, racing, I do not enjoy. The kids both kind of like the racing, but they'd rather hop on Mario Kart Wii.  :lolg: (More fun and easier to control for them) So, for us, this was an easy choice to opt out. We do the same with Host Hunts too. So, race and enjoy it!

As for people with clones taking up spaces and items... As unfair and frustrating as that is, I find myself stepping back from it and realizing I can't control what others do. Is it unfair? Yes. Was it unfair on VMK when lots of veteran players and their mules took all of the Gingerbread Competition spots? Yes. Is there much these games can do about those things? I don't know - but I think it would be real hard to find a fair solution. Life just isn't fair, even online. So, I have to make a deliberate choice to skip some things and focus on what brings me joy in game. That would be friends like all of you here! :bighug: :hug:

On a side note: After tonight's Host Event, I was reading some other forums. I found myself a little peeved at so many players being able to get in the room dozens of times, while we were just trying to get 1 sofa each. After that, I checked my Facebook page, only to find a friend of mine has a 16 year old son who has been missing since last evening. He was last seen in a park near their house. He has been sick and has been going through treatments and lots of tests, so him running away is a VERY unlikely thing. He had no money, cell phone, anything with him. An Amber Alert has been issued and people are out searching. Let me tell you how quickly I snapped back into the reality of the zero value of this virtual stuff. So, please keep my friend Kellie and her son Christian in your prayers. :bighug: :hug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 09:49 PM »

I see what you're saying, Wendy.  My post was just another 'brain dump'.  I have so much going through my head that I gotta let it out.  Therapeutic for me ;)  LOL.  :)

The racing is a 2-edged sword for us.  It's something that was a novelty because we won 'flame suits'...beside the fact that we all won!  So we've been very 'protective' of our positions AND clothing (for obvious reasons ;)  .  I know about virtual and real and pixels.  We do enjoy racing...but many people in game do tend to seriously spoil the fun for most other people...which frustrates me to no end.  True...we can't control what others do or don't to.  But we can sure make a huge stink about it!!!  LOL.  I'm just kidding :)  The frustration is there, though.  I care alot about people.  And I don't like seeing lots of adults AND kids getting cheated out of potential prizes..by other adults who have no life?  There's something fundamentally wrong with that.  Same with people racing for other people.  That's called CHEATING.  Sigh.  I wasn't into VMK that much to see what happened there, but apparently I missed....much.  :(  I'm sorry to hear that things happened there, too.  

I really can't see any way VFK could stop this, either.  People will be who they are.  If they are honest and upstanding...then they will probably continue in that way.  If they are dishonest...and would do ANYTHING to win...then that will be evident, for sure.  Unfortunately, being so involved in the races from the beginning...and knowing so many people who race...and so many people who race for others...and knowing who would do literally anything to win...all of that negativity is right in my face.  I guess I care too much about people.  Kids especially.  And I feel helpless, because there's nothing I can do to really stop it.  We will race, and we will try to look past the negative.  I may stop looking at the winners list (I say that now...but I know I'll look -.-)

We would like the racing alot better if it didn't come with all the sleaze.  Goes without saying.  lol.  We like Mari Kart Wii way better, too.  LOL.  You gotta have your kids friend up with ours so they can race!  :)

Yeah...I have no idea how people over there win SO many times.  I mean...my goodness!!!  I think it's like one of them said tonight:  "I have like a bazillion tabs open".  LOL.  It's a numbers game, for sure.  There are also 'favorites' who can make it in multiple times on the same person...make no mistake. :(

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your friends son :(  I can't even imagine.  Being a parent, just thinking about it makes me tense up!  Huge prayers for that family and their son.  What an awful situation.  

(hugs) to you, King and your family
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:50 PM by flamanar »

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 10:20 PM »

Hugs Flame.  :bighug: Totally understand what you are saying. I wasn't trying to lecture about pixels, I hope it didn't come across that way. I know all of us here know the priority of in-game items vs. real life, I think I was just stating how I often have to step back myself.

As far as friend codes, when the kids get back from Grandma's house, we'll have to pm you their friend codes. Our son and his best friend live about 25 minutes apart and both home school, so they see each other at church on weekends and other planned events, but can't get together as often as they's like, They love linking up on the Wii to play Mario Kart. I love technology in that way. They are miles apart and yet are playing a video game together like they are in the same room! LOVE IT! Plus, King and I love to race too. Nothing like family game night playing Mario Kart.  :2thunbs:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 12:08 AM »

Hugs Flame.  :bighug: Totally understand what you are saying. I wasn't trying to lecture about pixels, I hope it didn't come across that way. I know all of us here know the priority of in-game items vs. real life, I think I was just stating how I often have to step back myself.

As far as friend codes, when the kids get back from Grandma's house, we'll have to pm you their friend codes. Our son and his best friend live about 25 minutes apart and both home school, so they see each other at church on weekends and other planned events, but can't get together as often as they's like, They love linking up on the Wii to play Mario Kart. I love technology in that way. They are miles apart and yet are playing a video game together like they are in the same room! LOVE IT! Plus, King and I love to race too. Nothing like family game night playing Mario Kart.  :2thunbs:
No, your post was fine with me, Wendy :)  I know about 'stepping back'.  Had to do that a few nights ago.  I take Hero, and we drive around looking for the rare TRON: Legacy toys at local toy stores (all of us are TRON fanatics!).  LOL you don't want to even know how many toys we've landed from the new movie that are considered 'rare'.  Sadly, the line has ended.  There is talk about releasing some more toys around April when the Blu-ray/DVD hits stores...so maybe more action then.  In the meantime, stores aren't getting any more new stock, and they're selling out of what they have.  Sometimes we can hit almost 10 stores in a night.  LOL.  It's just the boys going out, some good old (safe) rock and roll playing loud, and some high-fives when we score a rare toy :)  LOL.  And some horseplay mixed in there, too ;)  It's alot of fun for us.  Definitely a 'bonding experience'.  Sometimes we talk instead of listening to music.  Every time is different.  I give him things to do, like finding a department rep to ask about the toys.  I'll have him ask them questions...so I'm building his confidence in himself so that he knows how to talk to people and take charge of certain situations (like if a rep gives him a hard time).  Although he's pretty well set now, and needs little to no coaching from me, anymore :)  He's an incredibly intelligent kid.  Very talented.  A good kid.  And I'm totally biased, of course :P  LOL :)

Can't wait for the friends codes.  The kids used to play against a couple other kids on the Wii, so they'll be happy to have a couple of new kids around their ages to have fun with remotely.  It's a cool world with all this new technology!  When we were kids, we had to do everything the 'hard way'.   :lolg:

Anywho, glad we talked.  Racing time is always stressful for me.  But the rewards sort of make up for it in the end, I guess :)  We will do our best.  Because the best is all we can do ;)

(hugs) again

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 09:15 PM »

Well the races are off to a great start!  Not...  LOL

Same bugs from the last event are STILL there!  Talked to VFK today, and they're passing it on to a developer...  :doh:

Also, the times posted on the homepage are not finalized!  LOL.  Nobody has any idea how good or bad they're doing now!

I was also told that even though we receive a time when we finish...the race could be thrown out because of 'checkpoints'?  :??:  Hey...if I get a time, then it's a legit race!  Now I'm being told that they might throw a race out...after the fact?  Um.  Uncool.  How in the WORLD are we to gauge how well or poorly we are doing?  We aren't given times in anything other than whole numbers...excluding fractions of a second.  Times may or may not be thrown out without our knowing about it.  This seriously bites.  Why can't VFK actually offer a racing event...WITHOUT BUGS?  And even if there ARE bugs, the developers don't have time to fix them.  So we race about 20 perfect races.  Nothing but tire on road.  About THREE of those end up yielding times?  Houston...we have the same problem...   :td:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 06:24 AM »

I can't stay on the road; never could. Mostly as result of inept driving with these types of games and the freezing up which then zooms me to "who knows where I end up" once I unfreeze.  So I either tried to zoom quickly but freeze; or try to "crawl" through parts of it. Point being, that even with the messed up freezing driving/etc for me - some of my "time" recorded for practice pins had to definitely be wrong! What I saw on my computer screen might not have actually been really on the roads - I probably did freeze on my screen while my car zoomed over dirt missing complete "s" turns of road.  :sur: :rofl1:

So I could see why they would throw things out because of "check points" along the way to that finish line.

But, I am not trying to beat anyone, because I just don't care to "place" in any spot. I just wanted to try to make it around the track for the practice pin - just to have one. But, if I don't get those pins, I don't care about those either.  I think I have 1 pin this time around. To me the racing event was so not worth spending hours or dealing with stress to try. jmho  :)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:49 AM by funfly »

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 11:54 AM »

I can't stay on the road; never could. Mostly as result of inept driving with these types of games and the freezing up which then zooms me to "who knows where I end up" once I unfreeze.  So I either tried to zoom quickly but freeze; or try to "crawl" through parts of it. Point being, that even with the messed up freezing driving/etc for me - some of my "time" recorded for practice pins had to definitely be wrong! What I saw on my computer screen might not have actually been really on the roads - I probably did freeze on my screen while my car zoomed over dirt missing complete "s" turns of road.  :sur: :rofl1:

So I could see why they would throw things out because of "check points" along the way to that finish line.

But, I am not trying to beat anyone, because I just don't care to "place" in any spot. I just wanted to try to make it around the track for the practice pin - just to have one. But, if I don't get those pins, I don't care about those either.  I think I have 1 pin this time around. To me the racing event was so not worth spending hours or dealing with stress to try. jmho  :)

I share your opinion friend. :bighug: If they don't have the ability to process checkpoints along the race, it is a good thing to check them in the end. Otherwise, cheating would really be happening like crazy. I didn't even get one racing pin this time around. :lolg: :shy: I just didn't have it in me to even race. I really struggle using those arrow keys to drive. Plus, King and I had a fun date day yesterday and I get my belated "Valentine's Day dinner" tonight. I am bummed to be missing a Host event tonight, but I think dinner will help... ;)

By the way, glad to hear you had a fun weekend with family! (Read that on another thread) Woot!

Hope the Flames did well in the races! Good Luck!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28 PM »

Thanks Wendy.

GL to those who are racing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:39 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 07:03 PM »

. Plus, King and I had a fun date day yesterday and I get my belated "Valentine's Day dinner" tonight. I am bummed to be missing a Host event tonight, but I think dinner will help... ;)

By the way, glad to hear you had a fun weekend with family! (Read that on another thread) Woot!

Thanks Wendy, it was a very full house and we all had so much fun together! We had people sleeping in almost every room of our house!  :grouphug3:

Sorry you missed the Host event tonight; check for 2 gift packages for girls. My boys were left out in the hall though :(

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35 AM »

A full house of family fun - can we join you next time? :lolg: Sounds like a blast! :dance2:

Thank you for thinking of us - how very sweet of you!  :bighug: :hug: You absolutely did not need to give us anything. Thanks so much friend! :bighug: :hug:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 02:25 PM »

I want to Congratulate the Flames on winning the Race Day/Daytona Racing Extravaganza!   :clap1:  :trophy:

Final Times:

Modified Races

First Place awards go to:
1. Bionicle_Hero   00:42.078
2. Flamanar   00:42.157
3. Flamanette   00:42.246

Second Place awards go to:
4. infiinity   00:43.168

Third Place awards go to:
5. Cutiemorgan   00:46.739
6. MandM   00:46.653
7. Tomorrow   00:46.341

Great Job!  Congrats Winners!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 02:36 PM »

Thanks Fish.i :)  Lightning really can strike 3 times in the same place  :laugh2:

We do have a problem, however.  For those that didn't notice, a couple of my clones showed up on the racing list for Saturday.  Um...no idea how that happened.  I raced 15 people on Saturday just to get the daily pin.  Wasn't even trying.  Half paying attention.  Man...like NOBODY must have been racing that day!  

Since I've said earlier in this thread that I don't believe in racing clones for extra pins or prizes in competitions like this, we are in the middle of trying to come up with a solution to rectify the situation.  I take my reputation seriously, so this WILL be corrected.

Just wanted to let everyone know...before people started to think that the Flames were out for a 'pin grab'.  The titles are my 'known clones', so everyone would have realized eventually.  Hence:  this post to let everyone know that we will do the proper thing and fix the situation.  It seriously was an honest mistake, and we weren't even trying.  Those clones only did ONE race a piece...so....................................?  :??:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:22 PM by flamanar »

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 08:28 PM »

Congrats to the Flame Family! :dance2: :2thunbs:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 10:09 PM »

Congrats to the Flame Family! :dance2: :2thunbs:
Thanks Wendy :)  We really did spend alot of time working to win.  We pulled an all-nighter Sunday night.  The previous 2 nights were few hours of sleep. 

Thanks for noticing :)

(hugs)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 04:51 AM »

Thank you fish.i and Wendy.  As Flame said, it was a sleepless night for us all...but to see the looks on the kids faces when the results finally came up...it was priceless.  Hero was very very happy that we ended up participating!

Thanks again!

:cheerleader:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 06:54 PM »

Finally trying to catch up with everything here...

Congrats to Flames and the other winners!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20 PM »

Thanks Fun.  Appreciate it.

:rantsw:
Unfortunately, it hasn't heen a 'happy ending'.  Hero now wants to leave VFK because of the way we've been treated since winning.  He was in tears tonight.  He said he "hates VFK". 

We've been accused of cheating so many times...  Stabbed in the back by friends.  Apparently lost friends because of jealousy.  We've been accused of having Hero race all our races.  We've been accused of racing EACH OTHERS races!  Now honestly...I ask you:  if we were doing these things...why wouldn't we also race Mermaid (our young daughter) and get another suit and another set of pins?!  If we REALLY wanted to cheat, we would have run ALL our clones....and swept BOTH modified AND stock lists.  All Flames & clones.  Think about the reality of that for a minute.  We COULD do it!  The only scraps left over for anyone else would be random pins.  Maybe that's the solution.  Maybe then people will 'get it'.  It seems like racing clones is good enough for everyone else.  Why not us?  We've been playing too nice, I guess.  Too honest.  Too caring about letting others have a chance at placing by ONLY running 3 out of our 4 mains.  And sorry, disbelieving VFK racers:  YOU WERE ALL BEATEN BY A 14-YEAR-OLD.   :lolp:   Pathetic.
 :rantsw:

Man.  I'm beginning to see things in a whole new light...  :idea:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Thanks Fish.i :)  Lightning really can strike 3 times in the same place  :laugh2:

We do have a problem, however.  For those that didn't notice, a couple of my clones showed up on the racing list for Saturday.  Um...no idea how that happened.  I raced 15 people on Saturday just to get the daily pin.  Wasn't even trying.  Half paying attention.  Man...like NOBODY must have been racing that day!  

Since I've said earlier in this thread that I don't believe in racing clones for extra pins or prizes in competitions like this, we are in the middle of trying to come up with a solution to rectify the situation.  I take my reputation seriously, so this WILL be corrected.

Just wanted to let everyone know...before people started to think that the Flames were out for a 'pin grab'.  The titles are my 'known clones', so everyone would have realized eventually.  Hence:  this post to let everyone know that we will do the proper thing and fix the situation.  It seriously was an honest mistake, and we weren't even trying.  Those clones only did ONE race a piece...so....................................?  :??:

Just an update concerning our pin situation.  With VFK's help, they are no longer in our possession.  We fixed a situation that happened completely by accident.  Since Flame values his credibility, it was important that I make the situation right. 

Again:  just wanted everyone to know that I didn't keep them.  I also didn't trade them.  I received nothing in return for the pins.  I had no intention of getting them when I raced (since I'm against people using clones to do a 'pin grab').  I guess next time I'll wait a few seconds at the finish line with each of my clones...sheesh.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up