VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/15 Jades spinner wheel event (ended)  (Read 2151 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
2/15 Jades spinner wheel event (ended)
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:01 PM »

HOST_Jade's Spinner Game has started. Winners get the Blue Love Struck Enchantment

Consolation prize will be the Plush Hippo (choose blue or pink). Come on DOWN!!

Also, the room description is wrong.  You need a FOURTEEN on the wheel, not a nine.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:19 PM by flamanar »

Mermaid Melusina

Re: Jades spinner wheel event starting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:17 PM »

Thanks Flame.  

Nine was for the last time it was opened.  

I like how if you're lucky enough to get in, you get something win or lose.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Jades spinner wheel event starting
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:19 PM »

Thanks Flame.  

Nine was for the last time it was opened.  

I like how if you're lucky enough to get in, you get something win or lose.

Very true :)  Win or lose...everyone's a winner. :wavet:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 2/15 Jades spinner wheel event (ended)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 04:35 PM »

Agree.  I think win and lose should receive some kind of a prize, even if it's not the same.

These spin events are nearly impossible to get into.  You have to wait for everyone to move down in line, wait for people to spin, wait for all the chatter going on, wait for people to get on the "correct" prize teleporter.  And, I'm sure the amount of players in the room at one time is very minimal too.

GL to all   :clap1:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 04:56 PM »

Agree.  I think win and lose should receive some kind of a prize, even if it's not the same.

These spin events are nearly impossible to get into.  You have to wait for everyone to move down in line, wait for people to spin, wait for all the chatter going on, wait for people to get on the "correct" prize teleporter.  And, I'm sure the amount of players in the room at one time is very minimal too.

GL to all   :clap1:
Yeah, these type of events aren't really something I'd call 'streamlined'.  LOL.  Like you said:  people AFK in the doorway forever, people cutting in line, taking others seats, yacking up a storm with Jade...seriously, the Q CRAWLS.  You can see the reason why.  There really should be several different rooms with several hosts doing this at once.  Otherwise, it's...............1................at.................a..................time. 

It really needs to be 'automated' somehow.  Relying on people to do what they're supposed to do...is only asking for failure.  It's nice when it runs like clockwork.  Unfortunately, people rarely run like clockwork.  Personal and objective opinion, as always ;)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:01 AM »

I am just glad she made this a "get two matching colors OR add up to 14" instead of making a player choose what option they wanted to try for.  As I understand it, the last time she ran this game, you had to chose if you wanted to try to for the color match or the number add-up?  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

This was, as Flame said very slow and tedious and you had to wait for each person to take their turn, chat it up with Jade, etc., etc.  I think this is only the second time this event has been officially held (not including of course the late night testing that some ppl participated in).  So I am willing to give it some time, and for them to work on "streamlining" it.  Agree though that they could open more rooms for this!  That would make things so much easier, and really should not be that hard to do.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up