VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Craft Your Own Rugs!  (Read 9565 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Craft Your Own Rugs!
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:12 PM »

Craft Your Own Rugs

FEBRUARY 11, 2011 9:32 AM

Hello, citizens.  I don't know about you, but I just love to craft! I find making my own items just so addictive, and the more intricate the recipe, the better I like it.

That's why I'm very excited to tell you about the new additions to the Crafting Tables. Today we've added threads and dyes to help you make new items. We're taking crafting to a whole new level!

Two Kinds of Thread
Two kinds of thread are now available in World of Smallcraft.  There you'll find a Plain Thread and a Fine Thread.

These threads will be used to make all sorts of things in the future, and today you can use thread to make some brand new rugs!

I'm sure you'll agree that thread is a very useful item.  I've taken the opportunity to stock up on a few reels, so I'm all ready for future crafting releases.

Use Vials to Craft Dye
When you pay a visit to World of Smallcraft you'll also see two other new items available.  We have two new empty dye vials - a Plastic Dye Vial and a Glass Dye Vial.  You can use these to craft your own dyes.

Once you've used the vials to make dyes, you'll be able to use the dyes in crafting recipes to make new items.

Today we're launching the first three in the range of dyes.  We've got a gorgeous rich brown, a fabulous royal purple, and an amazing vibrant pink! 

Crafting Brown Dye
To create the Brown Dye, use a Plastic Dye Vial (available from World of SmallCraft). You will need to be a Level 65 Crafter and use the Intermediate Crafting Table to make it.
Combine your Plastic Vial with flowers harvested from the Coral Plant to get a vial of Brown Dye in your inventory.

Crafting Purple Dye
To create the Purple Dye, use a Glass Dye Vial (available from World of SmallCraft). You will need to be a Level 125 Crafter and use the Advanced Crafting Table.

Combine your Glass Vial with flowers harvested from the Climbing Shade to get Purple Dye.

Crafting Pink Dye
To create the Pink Dye, use a Glass Dye Vial. You will need to be a Level 140 Crafter and use the Advanced Crafting Table.

Combine your Glass Vial with flowers harvested from the Angel Tree to produce the Pink Dye.

Amazing New Rugs!
Once you've got your thread and dyes, you'll be ready to craft some new rugs. Just take a look at the fabulous range that's now available! They're sure to add color and excitement to your space.

Crafting The Brown Rug
To craft the lovely Brown Rug, start with a plain sheepskin rug (available in Modern Living). Add some Plain Thread to it, and some Brown Dye. You'll need to be a Level 50 Crafter, and use the Basic Crafting Table to make it.

Crafting The Purple Rug
To craft the gorgeous Purple Rug, start with a plain sheepskin rug. Add some Plain Thread to it, and some Purple Dye. You'll need to be a Level 70 Crafter. You can make the Purple Rug using the Intermediate Crafting Table.

Crafting The Dots Rug
To craft the fabulous Dots Rug, start with a plain sheepskin rug. Add some Fine Thread to it, and some Pink Dye. You'll need to be a Level 95 Crafter. You can make the Dots Rug using the Advanced Crafting Table.

Happy Crafting!
I've been scattering some of the new rugs around my place, and I can't tell you what a lift it's given my space! Really it's those touches of color that make all the difference to the feel of a room.

I hope you enjoy using the new rugs at your place. I'm sure you'll have as much fun with them as I have.

~ Honesty Blaize
Pages: [1]   Go Up