VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/2 pm Dash host hunt (ended)  (Read 3765 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
2/2 pm Dash host hunt (ended)
« on: February 02, 2011, 07:22 PM »

traditional hunt.  new prize.  began before the first blast!  :td:  Prize is a dancing hippo pin.  no blasts like Dragon gives everytime someone wins.  Another  :td:

Serious issues with this hunt.  Dash had problems, and apparently Enigma took over for awhile.  No blasts meant  :sleep:  One of the worst hunts.  Boring, long and ridiculous.

List of winners:
--------------------
Thanks again for your patience. So far, cable is good and Dash is moving along. The hunt will resume shortly. The winners so far are:
Ace_Rocker
marisunshine
Neonmoon
Mr.HollyWood
ShadowDragon
andred
Zhaan
smilez
Chanclyn
Fish_In_Water
DreamTulip
Shelliebean
disfaniam
Guest232714
McChicken
Zev
Congratulations to all our winners who are listed below! Host Dash is huffing and puffing as he runs around trying to make up for lost time! We will be off to the races again in one minute.
The winners this round:
Space_Oddessey
Strolling_For_Fun
NotFinished
Arangatang
Zulema
JellyRoll
Shortstop
DanceForever
Guff
Mittens
Baguette
Just_Echo
Lady_Guinevere
Mr.Cool
PrettyBea
SnowflakeDancer
DiamondDeb
Guest916424
BlueNike
TIME!! Host Dash is out of breath! Thanks for a great Hunt tonight. The winners of the final round are listed below. I hope you all enjoy the Happy Dancing Hippos Host Pin. Good Night!
Final round of winners:
JumpingJupiters
Zoisite
Lemon_Tart
Trillium
Lapis-Lazuli
MermaidMelusina
EllieTheElephant
Kettle.Chips
Yvaine
AmberLynn
OrangeBrain
GatorsFan
Clonetta
JonathanSoccerStar
SunBright
BrainyBird
TwilightShimmer
Dean
Little_Sandie
Rainforest
carefullittlewolf
AceNightOwl
Lazer
Zorya
-------------------
Blech.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:34 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
Re: 2/2 pm Dash host hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:23 PM »

Dash was dashed away with power outage for a while...  :sos:

With that, I'm too tired...sleep is calling me  :yawn:
I'll dream of dancin' hippos instead of getting a pin

gl to those trying  :bighug:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55 PM »

aww I hope they have this out for awhile.  Cute pin, it's animated!  I saw someone with it on already.  But the event calendar pic is better...

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:36 PM »

aww I hope they have this out for awhile.  Cute pin, it's animated!  I saw someone with it on already.  But the event calendar pic is better...

I agree.  Cute pins.  Now all we need is a decent hunt.  :notme:

Mermaid Melusina

Re: 2/2 pm Dash host hunt (ended)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:10 PM »

I found Dash's Hunt pretty much like Dragon's Hunt, except for the blasts every time someone won.  So, you just keep hunting as he immediately picks another room.  I didn't mind not seeing the blasts every time someone won. I didn't miss having to click them to make them go away.  It was a fair hunt and personally I did not get bored.  It was a bit longer than scheduled making up for the time lost so that ppl had more time to keep hunting.  I do prefer this hunt way better than guessing colors, animals or ages or "Host Says" !!

Yes, there were some issues with power outages or something, but we were informed. I have no idea where Host Dash is working from, but considering the weather, I think they did their best in making the scheduled hunt possible.

...and yay I like this pin better than football signs!  :thumb:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 11:26 PM »

I found Dash's Hunt pretty much like Dragon's Hunt, except for the blasts every time someone won.  So, you just keep hunting as he immediately picks another room.  I didn't mind not seeing the blasts every time someone won. I didn't miss having to click them to make them go away.  It was a fair hunt and personally I did not get bored.  It was a bit longer than scheduled making up for the time lost so that ppl had more time to keep hunting.  I do prefer this hunt way better than guessing colors, animals or ages or "Host Says" !!

Yes, there were some issues with power outages or something, but we were informed. I have no idea where Host Dash is working from, but considering the weather, I think they did their best in making the scheduled hunt possible.

OMG yes.  I really didn't like the signs.  LOL.  The pins were a nice (and overdue) surprise.

The problem tonight that I had was it was a traditional hunt...but without the blast every winner like Dragon does.  While that's nice not to have that annoyance...it's also maddening in that at least the blasts let us know that something is HAPPENING!  LOL.  If Dash was doing the blasts, we would have been able to see a pause if he was experiencing problems...and relax a bit.  I think there were problems for a significant amount of time before the announcement.  Sigh.  Ah well, hopefully more chances to get this pin in the future ;)

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:53 AM »

OMG yes.  I really didn't like the signs.  LOL.  The pins were a nice (and overdue) surprise.

The problem tonight that I had was it was a traditional hunt...but without the blast every winner like Dragon does.  While that's nice not to have that annoyance...it's also maddening in that at least the blasts let us know that something is HAPPENING!  LOL.  If Dash was doing the blasts, we would have been able to see a pause if he was experiencing problems...and relax a bit.  I think there were problems for a significant amount of time before the announcement.  Sigh.  Ah well, hopefully more chances to get this pin in the future ;)

I understand what you are saying about the blasts.  They do let us know everything is up and running smoothly, so I am going to agree with you in that it is better to have them regularly.  Plus, I forgot there is the option to not get the blasts anyway if someone doesn't like them.  So, yes, blasts with every win do give us assurance that the hunt is working properly.   :bighug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:56 AM »

I forgot to also add that people were winning multiple times (on their clones, obviously) because Dask was going to several rooms up to THREE times.  In the meantime the rest of us are sleeping for two hours with no visits from the host.  That....is uncool.  I have no problem with the host 'mixing it up' and being 'unpredictable'.  It SHOULD be like that.  But to visit the SAME rooms like THREE times?  Uh uh.  No like  :uhuh2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 12:37 PM »

Jade did the SAME EXACT thing on the 1/17 Hunt.  I know, because I missed her all 3 times flying through the SAME ROOM.  I don't think it's fair that the Hosts visit the same room multiple times, and other rooms don't get hit once.  Not cool.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 01:05 PM »

Jade did the SAME EXACT thing on the 1/17 Hunt.  I know, because I missed her all 3 times flying through the SAME ROOM.  I don't think it's fair that the Hosts visit the same room multiple times, and other rooms don't get hit once.  Not cool.
Well said.  :uhuh:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 03:15 PM »

That's why I like Dragon, if I have to do a Host Hunt ~ She visits everywhere!   :)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 03:28 PM »

That's why I like Dragon, if I have to do a Host Hunt ~ She visits everywhere!   :)

I mush admit that I hardly ever do Host Hunts and I never did Dash's Hunt, but from the sound of things I think I like Dragon's Hunt better too.  I need to refresh ALOT so I usually like getting the pop-ups where she gives hints because then I know I can pop out for a refresh and be back to keep trying.  Also, like Astro said, she goes everywhere and I have even heard she goes to some places twice as well, but at least I have a shot with this old, slow computer of mine.

Also I absolutely hate the one where they come in and say a word and then you have to say the word too, but with my slow computer I could be first, but it registers mine last with all the lag and freezing up.  I would get rid of all the stupid Host Hunts if I could and just have the other Host events like ride a thons and teleporter games, but such is life.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 03:45 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not do host hunts either... but as far as I knew Dragon does tend to go everywhere.  Where it seems these other Hosts... go to a room multiple times, and don't even visit some rooms.  I don't like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up