VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Virtual Kingdom (MVK)!!!!!  (Read 32774 times)

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
Re: My Virtual Kingdom (MVK)!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14 PM »

LOL Seems like the Windy part will actually be more useful around King!   :lolg:

:gas3: Sure makes sense to me! :gas4:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   :lolg:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 06:00 PM »

Okay, I've been checking things out but so far I cannot find where to get better hair.  I think I've hit all the shops and only saw one.  What am I overlooking?
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38 PM »

Go to First Street and then to A New... (last store on the left)- thats the only place you can get a new hairdo. There is one store- I think it's the costume store that does have a hairstyle under specials and makeup too. So I think more will come available. We noticed that the girls pink cowgirl hat can only be worn with a certain hairstyle but we don't know which hairstyle that is yet. Too poor to buy all the hairstyles. LOL!

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 04:09 PM »

Thank you, thank you!  I haven't had much time to explore yet so I was just checking out the places on the shops list.

BTW--My name is disdreamin there.  Apparently, they didn't like the wdw in my first choice.
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

mir4mad

And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 04:38 PM »

You are welcome! It's a bit confusing! Not surprised on not allowing WDW.
princess got back in awhile ago. She's a little bored already! LOL! Her title got approved right away as princessmadiro.
I only recently got granted access but haven't had a whole lot of time to play. My 3rd or 4th attempt at a title got approved and it's pinkhope.
( I don't think they allowed tink) Hope to see pink hair one of these days! LOL!
Maybe we can meet up one of these days to at least become friends!

Gypsyoffire

• Pirate Throne
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 03:35 PM »

I am checking out this game ....
They opened around Thanksgiving...was very Hush Hush...then got a flood of people applying and causing trouble so the closed it and now are sending Emails to let a few in a day and watching things...
IF you were not in game and registered around first of Feb when this happened you can not register now for open beta but may have to Wait until the game 'opens'...but never can tell!
They 'seem' to have a developer/programmer/artist ala Disney/VMK/VFK since some were let go.....?

The 'owner' is FREEDOM a women who is in the game all the time and at close...
The staff are always in game and answer questions.
The game reads the forum and responds.

They have not asked for any money.....nor promised things not sent ala some games
There is a forum at MVKCentral.com that has a map and guide for all the KC/or NPC's which are a dead pirate, a dragon, a lady starlet, and a tiki trader.....hmmmm

Many I see are from FB/VMK/VFK including PWB ...guess you got your title :) and many many more with more every day....closing was like old home week with splashes, fish, sun, and fire galore...
Don't know where this road may lead but the items and the game and the screens ALL look almost identical to the ones we had Once Upon A Time.....
Have fun and stay safe....

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 01:01 PM »

So here is the latest on this game.
They originally made it seem that they would be a "free to play" game for awhile and then after Beta, they would ask for players to pay while still allowing those who wished, to play for free with limited access. Things have changed.

As of April 13th upon log in they had a pop up message that stated, unless you pay for your account, in 1 week it would go into "overdue" status. In other words, there would be no option for free play any longer. Sure enough, I logged in today, April 21, and it said that I could no longer log in because my account was overdue. So those of us who spent time collecting things and decorating will lose our stuff unless we pay up. So don't bother with this game unless you don't mind paying. It is a very pretty game but still needs a lot of work and this latest development has created a very upset majority.

Also, I have tried to research the company and not much turns up to make me confident that my money would be safe. So be careful if you do decide to pay.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 01:15 PM »

They originally made it seem that they would be a "free to play" game for awhile and then after Beta, they would ask for players to pay while still allowing those who wished, to play for free with limited access. Things have changed.

As of April 13th upon log in they had a pop up message that stated, unless you pay for your account, in 1 week it would go into "overdue" status. In other words, there would be no option for free play any longer. Sure enough, I logged in today, April 21, and it said that I could no longer log in because my account was overdue. So those of us who spent time collecting things and decorating will lose our stuff unless we pay up. So don't bother with this game unless you don't mind paying. It is a very pretty game but still needs a lot of work and this latest development has created a very upset majority.

Also, I have tried to research the company and not much turns up to make me confident that my money would be safe. So be careful if you do decide to pay.

Thanks for letting everyone know, Ant.  Yeah, I've been hearing serious rumblings about this game for about the past month.  My recommendation based on what I've heard is to stay away from this game.  And you are correct:  the people/company who run that place are still shrouded in mystery.  Hold onto your money.  You don't know who you're giving it to...and apparently they don't want you to know.  I predict it will go belly-up very soon...

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 01:24 PM »

Thanks for letting everyone know, Ant.  Yeah, I've been hearing serious rumblings about this game for about the past month.  My recommendation based on what I've heard is to stay away from this game.  And you are correct:  the people/company who run that place are still shrouded in mystery.  Hold onto your money.  You don't know who you're giving it to...and apparently they don't want you to know.  I predict it will go belly-up very soon...

Thanks for the info Ant.  When I first checked into this game it made me uneasy so I never made an avatar there.  Sooo glad I listened to that little inner voice that told me to stay away from there!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 10:58 PM »

Well, I am going to post here, because I'm pretty sure not everybody knows our status in regards to MVK. The game is still early in stages in many ways and, in my opinion, has nothing on VFK in regards to the quality of graphics. That being said, our family was let back in early in February and we have been playing there little bits daily for a couple months now. I like it there because it is a no stress environment in the game so far. Monthly themes, new releases on items (not overkill on the releases), and some fun mini-games that don't actually frustrate our daughter. I like some of their creative ideas with gem hunts, etc. that make it so you can get on the game here and there for small bits of time and you really don't "miss" anything. I also love that they have a grid system that works well and already have queue pieces that actually keep people in line, along with game counters, etc.

Bottom line for us, it has been a fun place to go when VFK gets overwhelming and was nice for me when I have been feeling so bad this Winter and had to stay in more than usual. Then the payment option came up. Initially, we said, "Well, we're done" and were a little sad to see something go that brought us enjoyment. As the deadline approached for the new memberships to kick in, we discussed it more as a family. The kids like stopping in and playing the games/hunting for objects, etc. I actually like hopping on a little each day for a relaxing game at the Shooting gallery, etc. We made the decision to pay for a 1 month family membership. The payment was made securely through PayPal. Do I think this new "pay only" option is wise? Nope. King and I agree that it is not a good business model at all, one that may end the game all together. We were not willing to invest in a membership for more than a month because of this. We purchased a membership because, even if it only lasts for the next month, we were willing to give them a chance to see if the game moves forward at all. In the long run, I do not see this ever being our "primary" online game, but it is fun here and there. When a month is over, we are going to take stock and see what we think. I hope they bring back free play so the game can actually build a community, but I wonder if part of that is because they don't have the server capacity for lots of players right now.

Just wanted to let everyone know, because I'm sure some people had heard that we had joined. I hope they do make some changes in regards to Free Play, but for this next month, we are giving them a shot to see what they can do. By the way, I want to tell this community how much you all mean to us. I had no fear of judgement as I posted this here. You all know that there is not always a lot I can do outside of the house and sometimes having a little something extra online gives me 1/2 hour stress relief. I wish their decision on Free Play would change, because I'd like some of our friends to get the chance to look around and try some things out. Hugs Everyone! You will still see us daily on VFK, that is our main online home and always will be.  :bighug: :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 05:29 AM »

Just wanted to let everyone know, because I'm sure some people had heard that we had joined. I hope they do make some changes in regards to Free Play, but for this next month, we are giving them a shot to see what they can do. By the way, I want to tell this community how much you all mean to us. I had no fear of judgement as I posted this here. You all know that there is not always a lot I can do outside of the house and sometimes having a little something extra online gives me 1/2 hour stress relief. I wish their decision on Free Play would change, because I'd like some of our friends to get the chance to look around and try some things out. Hugs Everyone! You will still see us daily on VFK, that is our main online home and always will be.  :bighug: :hug:

Wendy, thanks for sharing your open and honest thoughts -- No Judgment, No Ewww, and NO BS -- yep that is why I like it here too!

When I first heard about MVK, I signed me and the kids up for accounts.  Partly because I didn't want anyone else taking our avatar names, partly because I was curious.  We went on game a few times -- I think I saw you there in the shop -- then I kind of forgot about it.  I caught wind of the shutting down and re-opening, and then did get the email invitation to come back. I honestly don't remember if I signed us back in or not; most likely not, since I can't remember doing it.

I had known that the plan was to go to "pay" after a certain while, with the free option still available but pretty restrictive.  I guess that is when I finally just stopped going there -- I felt that the things that would be taken away once the "pay to play" were really unfair.  Like you, we don't get out much either and these virtual worlds are somewhat of a God-send.  And like you, we too are feeling totally overwhelmed at the "new VFK" -- so much happening and so hard to keep up; feels more like a job than a place to go and release some stress.  Flame and I do have another option, but it's not a place the kids can go; I wish there was some place that they could have, so that they could once again enjoy virtual game play.

Please let us know if they loosen up on the "pay only", as perhaps we can give it another shot, at least for the kids.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 11:56 AM »

Princess, what you said is very true. It is a beautiful game and I am glad you are giving it a chance. It is nice that your family has great communication and makes desicions as a unified whole. That is wonderful.  :bighug:

It was relaxing for me as well to go on and play the beach ball game, archery, hunt for gems, hunt for hidden items as well. As Flamenette stated, do keep us posted as to whether or not you will continue to play and how it is going over on MVK.

I also would like to agree with you both about the nice relaxed atmosphere on this forum to be able to say what you want to say without feeling alienated or taking sides. This is a wonderful forum!  :hug:
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

mir4mad

And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 07:51 PM »

Thanks Wendy for the update on your family status on MVK. I came here to nobs to get the scoop cause princessmadiro and I logged on today after not being on MVK for about a week or so. I knew they would eventually go to pay to play but it caught me off guard that it was happening so soon and I wasn't expecting a totally paying environment. princess and I like the game pace, stress free environment, queue's and the easy to build grid system. The staff have been really nice too and the host events are fairly easy and are available at the same times twice a day usually. princess was getting a little bit bored but she goes in spurts with these games anyway.

I have not decided what to do yet and hadn't even looked into the cost or payment options. I was hoping to see more improvements and additions but maybe a month trial is an option for now or at least we will see how the next week goes.  :hmmmm:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 04:55 PM »

For anyone playing this game, this month is a "Pirate" Theme. Each day a doubloon will be hidden around the Kingdom for 300 coins. (Today it is in the Gateway-the room when you first enter the kingdom)

They also have their first ride. We have yet to log in today to try it, but it is a ride through pirate theme ride, like the VMK rides, but it is interactive. You can click on items throughout the ride for coins and there are obstacles that can stop you from reaching the end. (ie. a whirpool)

Registration is open for new players. You get the limited 1 week access before deciding on "buying in". For those who played already and have already used your 1 week trial, it is my understanding that your character and account can still be reactivated until mid May. (by purchasing a membership) If someone is not sure, but has some interest, a single membership for 1 month is only $6. It may be worth a try to give it at least a month to see if you like it.

I am totally not trying to "sell" people on the game or recruit players. We are just enjoying some time there and this month's theme seems like loads of fun. I thought for $6, some friends might like to check it out just to see what it is like.

Hugs!!! :bighug: :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

mir4mad

And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 10:01 PM »

Thanks for the update Wendy!  :)
I went ahead and joined princess and I for one month yesterday (well it turned into 2 months each since the family membership is for 4 people) SO nice of them to let me do that cause i couldn't figure out how to do an individual membership.
Good thing I did cause princess is going to LOVE the ride even though it's pirate themed! She misses the rides on VMK so much! :yes!:

It's going to be a busy month so might not be on much unfortunately but hope to see some of you there!
 :bighug:

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 03:48 PM »

DANG IT! Registration closed already! :(

PintsWench

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 03:56 PM »

:2thunbs:  It just wouldn't let me do the family registration. I got in on a individual account!  :2thunbs:

PintsWench
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up