VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOLY WO!!!! Get Your Dayplanners out Kids  (Read 2412 times)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
HOLY WO!!!! Get Your Dayplanners out Kids
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:29 PM »

HOLY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Take a look at the event calendar people!!!!

Um, It's jammed up with special events.

They've marked every week with Host Hunts and Host Events/Rooms.

Now people can plan their time on VFK intelligently.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: HOLY WO!!!! Get Your Dayplanners out Kids
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:03 PM »

Plan our time?  We'll HAVE no time!  What are they thinking?!  I was looking forward to a break after all the holiday 'cramming'!  :cry:

I like that they're keeping us active...but they are going to make people burn out.  A few hunts a week are enough.  But stuff almost every single night...ALL MONTH?!!!   :uhuh2:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:48 PM »

I think this is FANTASTIC!!! :dance2: I love that they have everything scheduled for us and the best part is there are teleporter/ride games mixed with those Host Hunts! Way to go VFK!!! :2thunbs: :clapping: They get two thumbs up from us here!

The great thing is that with all of those events, there can be something for everyone sometime during the week! I don't need to be there for every event, but now we can say, hey, a teleporter event, let's try to be around for that! This is really awesome and I definitely intend to let them know what a great improvement this is. I think we might be able to actually be on to enjoy some of these fun Host Events!  :dance2: WOOT!!!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:40 PM »

I think this is FANTASTIC!!! :dance2: I love that they have everything scheduled for us and the best part is there are teleporter/ride games mixed with those Host Hunts! Way to go VFK!!! :2thunbs: :clapping: They get two thumbs up from us here!

The great thing is that with all of those events, there can be something for everyone sometime during the week! I don't need to be there for every event, but now we can say, hey, a teleporter event, let's try to be around for that! This is really awesome and I definitely intend to let them know what a great improvement this is. I think we might be able to actually be on to enjoy some of these fun Host Events!  :dance2: WOOT!!!

Make no mistake.  I'm glad that they're FINALLY scheduling events!  This is a major step forward...unless you realize that everyone and they're cousin's uncle...plus all their clones...will be ready to pounce on these events now that the world knows when they will start.  

While it sounds great to have ride and other events...I fear we're going to be hearing a great many "I waited for hours and didn't even get any number in the Queue" complaints.  Just saying.

My opinion is that this is a 2-edged sword.  It's what we wanted...but the clones will severely hamper everyone's ability to win any of these events.  If it was really bad when people DIDN'T know about when events were starting...imagine what it will be like when EVERYONE knows about them.  When these events start, there will be literally hundreds of people jumping into the Queue at the same time.  

Let's also not discount the possibility of VFK changing up the prizes frequently throughout the month.  It is a possibility.

It sounds great.  It seems like progress.  I fear the opposite may be true.  Personal opinion.  You know we don't all have to agree here on everything.  Although we do respect each others opinions.  That's No BS ;) :grouphug2:

ETA:  forgot to add that the mazes, puzzle lamps and maybe even the mini-game magic will probably be changing next month.  They might also add more Ice coin items.  Too much to do.   :sur:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:10 AM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:44 AM »

Event Calendar posted or not posted - either way VFK can't make everyone happy.

I'll take my chances with everyone and their brother clones knowing  :lolg: - I'm just happy that there are notices ahead so I can plan a little - and thrilled to see Ride/Teleport Events!  :dance3:  I lag/freeze so much in those Host Rolling Games that I didn't stand a chance of winning; and hate those 'wait in a room forever for a host who doesn't show up' or 'try to hunt down' the Host. But now, with Teleporter Games - WOOT!

The great thing is that with all of those events, there can be something for everyone sometime during the week! I don't need to be there for every event, but now we can say, hey, a teleporter event, let's try to be around for that! This is really awesome and I definitely intend to let them know what a great improvement this is. I think we might be able to actually be on to enjoy some of these fun Host Events!  :dance2: WOOT!!!

Wendy, good idea to let VFK know how happy I am to see these teleporter events to be scheduled!  :2thunbs:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:01 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 12:13 PM »

Ok...I'm gonna clarify myself even further than my last post.  I'm HAPPY that they are scheduling the events.  We've been asking for that for...what...YEARS?  I'm LOVING being able to make time around the schedule now for the events!!!

Unfortunately, clones may end up ruining these events for everyone.  This is PARTIALLY VFKs fault, and PARTIALLY VFK players greed.  VFK allowed clones in masses onto the game...so they are resposible for the existence of clones in the first place.   The players are responsible for the events being spoiled...because of rampant GREED.

Just didn't want to be 'judged' as a person 'unhappy' with VFK.  This would work great...if they hadn't allowed clone in the first place...many of which are used in bulk for hoarding.  There's no way to fix that now, unfortunately.  Clones are a fact of life...and are quite a force to be reckoned with by the 'regular/casual' player.  If you don't believe me, just watch.  :uhuh2:

It also seems that everytime there's a ride event, people end up DC'ing in the middle of the ride, can't get a Q number, etc.  It's been awhile since they had one...and I think that it's been partially forgotten what the experience was like.  Is it better than a host hunt?  OMG YES!  Then again...MOST things are better than host hunts.  Like having teeth pulled without anesthetic  :lolg:

Hope that clears things up ;)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 04:11 PM »

Flame, we all love ya and we see where you are coming from.  :hug:

I still think this is a great improvement and I am with you, Fun, in being sooooo excited about more ride and teleporter events. King actually called VFK to tell them how thrilled we were to see the event calendar planned for the month and to see a variety of events, especially teleporter/ride games. (We actually called late last night/early this morning and the entire family yelled "Happy New Year and blew our noise makers on speaker phone. Yep, VFK knows we are all crazy here. :lolg: )

As for the clones, yes they are a problem. I guess I am not involved lately in enough events to notice. There are greedy players and clone issues in most games. I know people say it was not as common on VMK, but I recall there being many "big players" who had tons of "mules". Most of those players kept it on the down low, but all you had to do was set up multiple players on different E-mails. I remember as VMK neared its final days, one player stated outright that they had locked storage rooms by the dozens filled with mansion clocks, red crates, etc. and he intended to keep them locked up tight forever. Some of those items could have really brought joy to so many of the young people playing VMK who always dreamed of owning something rare like that, even if only for a week.

Back on topic - I am over the moon ecstatic about the calendar! I think we have an exciting year ahead to look forward to on VFK!!! :dance2:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 04:55 PM »

I still think this is a great improvement and I am with you, Fun, in being sooooo excited about more ride and teleporter events. King actually called VFK to tell them how thrilled we were to see the event calendar planned for the month and to see a variety of events, especially teleporter/ride games. (We actually called late last night/early this morning and the entire family yelled "Happy New Year and blew our noise makers on speaker phone. Yep, VFK knows we are all crazy here. :lolg: )

As for the clones, yes they are a problem. I guess I am not involved lately in enough events to notice. There are greedy players and clone issues in most games. I know people say it was not as common on VMK, but I recall there being many "big players" who had tons of "mules". Most of those players kept it on the down low, but all you had to do was set up multiple players on different E-mails. I remember as VMK neared its final days, one player stated outright that they had locked storage rooms by the dozens filled with mansion clocks, red crates, etc. and he intended to keep them locked up tight forever. Some of those items could have really brought joy to so many of the young people playing VMK who always dreamed of owning something rare like that, even if only for a week.

Back on topic - I am over the moon ecstatic about the calendar! I think we have an exciting year ahead to look forward to on VFK!!! :dance2:

AWW  Same to you, Wendy :)   :grouphug2:

Sometimes I feel completely stupid because I was a loner on VMK.  So when people talk about things...I have NO IDEA what they are talking about!  I pretty much tried to do the quests, entered codes for 'shtuff', decorated my one or two rooms, visited the NPCs like once every 3 weeks...and that was about it!  So I missed...a great deal.

I will say that the clone problem showed it's ugly head most recently with the Santa room.  Some...'uncouth people'...were running all their clones through to get the hats and scarves for them.  EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULD GET THEM ANYWAY ON CHRISTMAS!!  An awful lot of people couldn't get in to see Santa because of that.  So raising the bar to a 'host event', the same thing would happen...only 'X' times worse.  Just saying ;)

I love talking to Gail.  She knows our family, and we've talked to her.  She likes when I call because I keep her laughing ;)  She's one of the most pleasant people to talk to as well!  I cherish the moments when I am able to get through to her :)

Anywho, best of luck to NOBS people! 

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 08:37 PM »

agreed on the above.  just in case it was taken wrong: my previous comment was a general comment because I had been reading a few other places and saw in-game (on the map) some comments of ppl being upset with event calendar showing stuff due to clones.  Like they don't use clones  :rofl1:

Wendy, I do remember seeing some 'big player' at vmk making those comments of his "precious storage" - And his 'precious rare items' are in the same place as everyone elses now. Gosh, I remember comments of "Mule attack" for host Magic games. Magic taught many a player well  :lolg:

And I heard those noise makers and your family yelling Happy New Year to VFK   :clapping:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 10:03 PM »

agreed on the above.  just in case it was taken wrong: my previous comment was a general comment because I had been reading a few other places and saw in-game (on the map) some comments of ppl being upset with event calendar showing stuff due to clones.  Like they don't use clones  :rofl1:

Wendy, I do remember seeing some 'big player' at vmk making those comments of his "precious storage" - And his 'precious rare items' are in the same place as everyone elses now. Gosh, I remember comments of "Mule attack" for host Magic games. Magic taught many a player well  :lolg:

Yeah, the hypocrisy about clones is nauseating to behold.  In some places, I've seen the BS shoveled incredibly high... :uhuh2:  Some people 'get off' on acting self-righteous all the time, I guess.  Whatever floats your boat...may someday also sink it.   :notme:

Precious storage?  That's one sick individual.  Although we have some people on VFK exactly like that, too.  People hoarding stuff.  Not interested in trading or anything.  Just to see how many they can get.  I guess they get a 'high' on being the person with 1,000 of item 'X'.  Blech.  People seriously need to get real.  :hmm:

This event did go well.  I didn't crash, so that's always nice.  LOL.  The queue seemed to travel very quickly.  Of course, with 5 rooms open, that will happen.  Not to mention putting people on the ride right away...as opposed to allowing them to choose a start piece or porter.  Makes things run WAY more efficiently this way.

Not a huge fan of this shirt.  Not sure why, though. lol.  It's a bit...I dunno.  LOL.  Just isn't something that's appealing to my eye.  Personal opinion.  Sigh.  As usual.  lol ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up