VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saturday, 1-1-11: Winter Wonderland Ride Event!  (Read 7307 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Saturday, 1-1-11: Winter Wonderland Ride Event!
« on: December 29, 2010, 05:50 PM »

From the VFK Homepage:

ETA:  Merging posts.  Also adding picture of prize shirt:  2011 New Years HOST Tee.  There is a Boy and a Girl version I have heard. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:30 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Saturday, 1-1-11: Winter Wonderland Ride Event!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:57 PM »

Thanks Astro!  Jade?  :??:  A new face in VFK.  Should be interesting to check out the new host!

Not thrilled with a T-shirt as the prize, but whatever  ;)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:10 PM »

I am really excited to see them hosting a ride event!  :dance2: I think a t-shirt may be a good prize in some ways because it may stop some of the clones running through the ride. I am sure some will still try to send many clones through, but how many shirts can you wear at once? Different from having 50 pieces of furniture to sit around a room for trade, etc.

I hope this is the first of many more ride events to come! :clap1:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 06:32 AM »

Thanks Astro!  :bighug:

I'm with you Wendy!
I much prefer Ride Events or Teleporter events - Get 'em in, and move 'em out!   :dance3: :lolg:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:14 AM »

I am really excited to see them hosting a ride event!  :dance2: I think a t-shirt may be a good prize in some ways because it may stop some of the clones running through the ride. I am sure some will still try to send many clones through, but how many shirts can you wear at once? Different from having 50 pieces of furniture to sit around a room for trade, etc.

Agreed!   :2thunbs:

side note:  I saw a post on another forum, that someone was trading 490+ 2010 Christmas Presents.  So... yeah, imagine this person sending 500 clones through ANY host event.  - sigh -

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 10:34 AM »

I hope we can all get through! Woot for not having to pick the winning teleporter! The prize of a t-shirt might be really cool, at least it's not a repeat or change of color of same items we already have.  I think I will like this t-shirt lots better than I do all the stuff at the gift shop that is just more of the same...I wonder what color it will be...

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13 AM »

I am really excited to see them hosting a ride event!  :dance2: I think a t-shirt may be a good prize in some ways because it may stop some of the clones running through the ride. I am sure some will still try to send many clones through, but how many shirts can you wear at once? Different from having 50 pieces of furniture to sit around a room for trade, etc.

Agreed!   :2thunbs:

side note:  I saw a post on another forum, that someone was trading 490+ 2010 Christmas Presents.  So... yeah, imagine this person sending 500 clones through ANY host event.  - sigh -
Ok.  Just a math check.  Each person got 6 toys.  Rounding up to 500 presents total, divided by 6 presents per player/clone=83.3 clones.  Of course, you were probably speaking figuratively...in which case, feel free to ignore the previous equation :P  LOL.  I'm just messin' with ya ;)  I do know what you mean :)

Probably the same phony people who love to cry poor this time of year.  Pathetic.  Rest assured, it won't matter what the prize is.  Clone masses will be present...unfortunately.  For some people, a million pieces of junk just isn't enough.  They need more so their ego/pride/whatever won't deflate.  Blah.  Let them sit on top of their pile of carp.  And may it collect dust along with them ;)  Seriously, the WORSE thing I've seen was people running their CLONES through the Santa line to get the hat/scarf!  Now THAT is the epitome of greed, selfishness and indecency!  :uhuh2:

Fish.i:  are we sure we don't have to pick the right one?  That would be nice, but we've never had one like that before.   :hmmmm:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:19 AM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 11:49 AM »

Ok.  Just a math check.  Each person got 6 toys.  Rounding up to 500 presents total, divided by 6 presents per player/clone=83.3 clones.  Of course, you were probably speaking figuratively...in which case, feel free to ignore the previous equation :P  LOL.  I'm just messin' with ya ;)  I do know what you mean :)

lol, of course speaking figuratively.  This would also mean that this person is trading EVERY SINGLE Christmas Gift they received... which I can assure you... they more than likely are NOT.  Which means they obviously have upwards of said 83 clones.   :)

We know there are players with who knows how many clones... we also know those that abuse the events as well.  So, maybe these type of events are the future to stop it?  Who knows, wishful thinking.   :)  

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 07:19 PM »

"Fish.i:  are we sure we don't have to pick the right one?  That would be nice, but we've never had one like that before.   :hmmmm:"

Just quoting this little bit from Flame, bc it was long, lol

You can never be certain with VFK, but I do recall the ones where we chose winning teleporters were called Host Teleporter Ride Events and this one states at homepage that:  "At the end of the ride, you will receive the special 2011 New Year's day T-Shirt!" so that is what makes me think we will all get it as long as we are lucky enough to get in and ride it.  We shall soon find out.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 07:53 PM »

"Fish.i:  are we sure we don't have to pick the right one?  That would be nice, but we've never had one like that before.   :hmmmm:"

Just quoting this little bit from Flame, bc it was long, lol

You can never be certain with VFK, but I do recall the ones where we chose winning teleporters were called Host Teleporter Ride Events and this one states at homepage that:  "At the end of the ride, you will receive the special 2011 New Year's day T-Shirt!" so that is what makes me think we will all get it as long as we are lucky enough to get in and ride it.  We shall soon find out.

Ah!  Got it :)  I hope you're right.  Regardless..."it's gonna be a bumpy ride!"  :lolg:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 08:44 PM »

I agree about the bumpy ride!  It's going to be bumpy right from the start!  First of all being online at that time, trying to get a queue number competing with a gazillion clones, then if we get in...trying to survive the ride without lag and dc till the very end!  May the New Year bring us all that 2011 T-Shirt!! 

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 09:13 PM »

First, I hope I am home by the time this is going on and I would be happy with a t-shirt that says Happy New Ye.are (lol) on it as long as it doesn't have 2011 so I can wear it every New Year.

Second, when I was picking my presents out (that are still unopened lol) there was this girl in the store raving about her clones.  She is like "that is me and that is me" and also she was telling her friend that she got ten of those items and five of those items which kept going on and on.  LOL, I wonder if she is the same person Astro.

Third, I got to see Santa once, but my Mom never did.  Oh well, maybe next year.  I am happy we still got the hat and scarf though.  Good for sitting out in the cold.  LOL!  :lolg:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:15 PM by Krazy_Kim »
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 05:12 PM »

5 rooms.  Blue, Red, Gold, Green, Silver.

There are separate boys and girls shirts, also  :td:

Shirt looks cool.  Doesn't do anything that I can tell.  Voila.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 05:27 PM »

Great job on setting this up VFK!!! :thumb:

Not only are there multiple ride rooms, but you are automatically placed on the ride when you enter the room! I got in within the first 5 minutes and it was a fun ride through. I snapped a few screen shots  - I was on the red ride. I hope to try to add the pics later. We are going to enjoy some spaghetti for dinner while King and the kids wait for their turn to get in!

I didn't even get a chance to look at the shirt yet. I did get to meet Host_Jade and a Host_Pepper while riding through!

Good Luck everyone on getting in - my ride through really did look like a Winter Wonderland - with fun music playing too!!! :weee:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 05:31 PM »

Ok.  New info.  Apple said there aren't different colored shirts.  There are separate boys/girls shirts.  Shirts are tradable.

Also, you can only win the shirt once per person!!!  If you go through again, it says 'you have already won this prize' @_@

I LOVE that the ride starts automagically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :clap1:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:08 PM by flamanar »

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 06:14 PM »

It is exactly what I was expecting:  A ride through and get a prize, no teleporters to choose...  At first I panicked if they would have different color shirts for the different rooms, but was relieved to find out it was same shirt.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 06:19 PM »

So far we are really thrilled with this event and with the queue system. We have just let the queue do its thing while we ate dinner and as of 9:18 EST all four of us have now gotten into a ride room. (Princess Red is 5 in queue as I write) Placing us directly on the ride at the start is brilliant! Yay!!! :thumb: :dance2:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 07:33 PM »

So far we are really thrilled with this event and with the queue system. We have just let the queue do its thing while we ate dinner and as of 9:18 EST all four of us have now gotten into a ride room. (Princess Red is 5 in queue as I write) Placing us directly on the ride at the start is brilliant! Yay!!! :thumb: :dance2:
That was suggested SO long ago.  Glad they finally took the advice, and now just start you off automatically!  -writes date on calendar-  lol ;)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 08:02 PM »

Game over.  Queue completed.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 08:03 PM »

Was very pleased with this event ride!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up