VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12/21 Snowball Roll host rooms (ended)  (Read 2755 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
12/21 Snowball Roll host rooms (ended)
« on: December 21, 2010, 02:20 PM »

Age/Cactus

Event calendar says 5:15pm EST to 6:15pm EST.  GL!

Prize is Rudolph Antlers hat! (as per Cactus)

UPDATE:  cancel that.  Prize is Bouncing Snowman Gold :(  No idea why it's different now.

UPDATE2:  Ages room is no longer on the list.  Only Cactus.  Also, Age is giving to...SOME.  Cactus is not!  Partial kudos to Age.  UBER RASPBERRIES to Cactus  :uhuh2:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:27 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Snowball Roll host rooms open
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:08 PM »

This is beyond messed up.  

First, Vintage is NOT giving to all in the room.  I luckily just got in Vintage's room... BUT, lost.  Guess what - not everyone got a prize.  Only the winner.  So I walked away with nothing.

Secondly, I had a friend that got in Vintage's room right away and he got a gold snowman, because Vintage gave it to everyone.  Not only just the winner.

Also... if a player "accidently" kicks the snowball, before the game starts -- it grows a little bit, hence easier obviously to kick than a smaller one.  When the Host puts the snowball back, it stays bigger.  Hmmm  a cheat if you ask me.

I think the Hosts should follow a rule.  Either the whole room gets awarded or not -- and only the winner.  Hosts should also be awarding the same prize.  I also heard that Cactus was awarding Antlers, Vintage Gold Snowman.  Shame VFK, shame.

I also wonder what happens to players that were in line with Vintage and now her Host room was taken down?
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:10 PM »

OMG!  First I signed up for Vintage when it came out and my Mom's person too.  Then I got black screens and crashed, but when I came back I signed up again and have a queue checker for a room not there anymore?  How does that work?  Ugh!  Today is not a GOOD day!  :cry:  Really stressed out right now.  *SIGH!*

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 03:20 PM »

This is beyond messed up.  

First, Vintage is NOT giving to all in the room.  I luckily just got in Vintage's room... BUT, lost.  Guess what - not everyone got a prize.  Only the winner.  So I walked away with nothing.

Secondly, I had a friend that got in Vintage's room right away and he got a gold snowman, because Vintage gave it to everyone.  Not only just the winner.

Also... if a player "accidently" kicks the snowball, before the game starts -- it grows a little bit, hence easier obviously to kick than a smaller one.  When the Host puts the snowball back, it stays bigger.  Hmmm  a cheat if you ask me.

I think the Hosts should follow a rule.  Either the whole room gets awarded or not -- and only the winner.  Hosts should also be awarding the same prize.  I also heard that Cactus was awarding Antlers, Vintage Gold Snowman.  Shame VFK, shame.

I also wonder what happens to players that were in line with Vintage and now her Host room was taken down?
Ok.  I had one person get into Ages room and win the prize.  I got booted after a short bit, so I wasn't able to see if everyone got the prize or not.  I got another person into Ages room, and she ended up giving to the whole room.  I assumed she also did that after my first person was booted...I guess I was wrong.  Adjusting first post to reflect the new info.  Thanks Astro.

I hope that's wrong about the Antlers and Cactus.  We ended up really short on those :(  Hero got into Cactus's room early on, and she announced the prize was antlers.  He lost, so no way to check to see what was actually awarded.  I do know that, later on, she was giving out the Gold Bouncing Snowman.  

I also noticed that about the snowball, btw.  A person 'accidentally' kicks it...making it bigger...and easier to see!  Sigh.  This is so messed up...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:28 PM by flamanar »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 12/21 Snowball Roll host rooms (ended)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:22 PM »

Queue completed.  Game over.  Blech.  :uhuh2:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 03:23 PM »

Even though Cactus' room still shows in the tabs I got this message in the queue line:

Queue Completed
Thanks to everyone for being part of our host event!  The host event has completed, watch for more host events!

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 03:39 PM »

FYI:  PEOPLE ARE STILL BEING PULLED INTO CACTUS'S ROOM.  She said something like they had a 'few left over' reindeer hats at the beginning of this event, and have run out.  So the prize was changed to the Gold Bouncing Snowman  :uhuh2:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 03:42 PM »

:rofl1: Cactus just gave everyone in the room a prize for waiting so patiently, and for so long to start the round.  :notme:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 04:07 PM »

Even though Cactus' room still shows in the tabs I got this message in the queue line:

Queue Completed
Thanks to everyone for being part of our host event!  The host event has completed, watch for more host events!

This will ALWAYS show when the Hosts close the Queue line, even Santa or Mintie's Maze Room, etc. 

Even though the Host Room will still show on the Tab, it's only for the players that have actually received a queue NUMBER.  The Host Room on the Tab will remain open, until all players that have received an actual number, are through the room.   :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 05:04 AM »

FYI:  PEOPLE ARE STILL BEING PULLED INTO CACTUS'S ROOM.  She said something like they had a 'few left over' reindeer hats at the beginning of this event, and have run out.  So the prize was changed to the Gold Bouncing Snowman  :uhuh2:

Cactus made a boo-boo I am sure, in giving out those antlers! Oh well.  And ya, she gave the whole room the prize because they had to wait through 4-5 "afk" players being pulled in and not responding -- thus Cactus having to give them a boot and bring someone else in.

Oh well, it's always something with these host events.  I really wish they would be more consistent though.  It' really not fair that one host gives to whole room and one does not; and even more unfair that the "give away" host only does it sometimes...sheesh!  I am sure Age's Queue was OVERLOADED with players, because everyone has heard by now that she will give the prize to everyone!  Blah.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 11:44 AM »

It' really not fair that one host gives to whole room and one does not; and even more unfair that the "give away" host only does it sometimes...sheesh!  I am sure Age's Queue was OVERLOADED with players, because everyone has heard by now that she will give the prize to everyone!  Blah.
.it

...Which is probably why she wasn't consistently giving free to the whole room.  NO DOUBT her room was over-burdened with players in her queue...wanting a guaranteed handout.  Speaking for myself, I tried harder for her room than for Cactus.  I guess those days are pretty much over.  It was nice for Cactus to give out to everyone during that last late round when everyone had to wait so long to get started.  Unfortunately, the same could be said about the many other players who waited for an hour +...and never got a Q #...and walked away without even getting a shot at it.  So her kindness was appreciated.  However, they DO need to show CONSISTENCY.  I take away a partial 'raspberry' from Cactus.  LOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up