VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/11 Age/Mintie Turkey wrangle event (over)  (Read 3903 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
11/11 Age/Mintie Turkey wrangle event (over)
« on: November 11, 2010, 03:01 PM »

host tabs

Supposed to run from 6-7pm EST.  Not enough time for this type of event.  It moves UBER slow.  4 people per game.  Takes so long to set the people up and explain how to do it.  I'm not a big fan of this type of event.  Not to mention the turkeys have a mind of their own...and are incredibly hard to maneuver.  Blah.

Example:  Hero was lucky and got a number.  He has had a number for...40 minutes.  And he's just going in now?  :td:

Ok...this is nice...and it stinks.  They are giving out the prize to everyone.  What about the people who tried and pulled their hair out to get their flippin' turkeys in the pens?  They tried for nothing.  Easier to just stand there at the beginning and do nothing.  I thought this was supposed to be a competition.  Now, there's no incentive to even TRY to win.  I say:   :td:  :td:

Adjusting this to add that only AGE is giving out prizes to the whole room.  Mintie is not.   :hmm:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:02 PM by flamanar »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 11/11 Age/Mintie Turkey wrangle event started
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 04:01 PM »

Game ended.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
Re: 11/11 Age/Mintie Turkey wrangle event (over)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 04:05 PM »

hmm, I missed it, as usual. 

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:40 PM »

This game is so hard! 

I am no turkey wrangler that's for sure! 

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 07:33 PM »

Oh course, I go away for a bit and they have a game.  :doh:

Flame, I actually like that everyone gets the prize, I guess it because if someone sits and waits in the line forever and finally gets in that is a task in itself.  :lolg:  I do agree that the time for the game should be longer though.  Gives more people a chance to get in to play it.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 07:56 PM »

Oh course, I go away for a bit and they have a game.  :doh:

Flame, I actually like that everyone gets the prize, I guess it because if someone sits and waits in the line forever and finally gets in that is a task in itself.  :lolg:  I do agree that the time for the game should be longer though.  Gives more people a chance to get in to play it.

Considering how long it took Hero to get in, and how long it took for the round to start AFTER he got in the room, I'm estimating a total of maybe 20 players (max) in each room tonight.  Unbelievably slow.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 08:19 PM »

I have to say, I wish they would give prizes to everyone when an event like this is so short and so difficult for a player to even enter the game. That said, consistency would be tough there. Mintie wasn't awarding everyone the prize, Age was. What happens at the next event? Will people expect a prize win or lose? I have no clear answer, just some thoughts as I was thinking about these events.

By the way, is the Raggedy Andy the item a bunch of the kids are calling the "2010 Scarecrow"? I don't see Raggedy Andy as a scarecrow, but maybe they don't recognize him? :??:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:33 PM »

Consider yourself lucky if everyone got the prize when you went in, but not in every game did everyone get prize.
I tried hard to get those turkeys in that pen...only the winner got prize and everyone else left empty handed. I would have not minded at all a prize for trying!  

I don't think it's fair that one Host gives out prizes to all and then the other Host doesn't because it's supposed to be the same game, same chances of winning for everyone.  That means I was lucky to get in queue and enter game but unlucky to have chosen the wrong Host game?  I think they should get in synch and do same for all, either everyone gets prize or only winners, but same treatment in the rooms open.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:35 PM by Mermaid Melusina »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 09:27 PM »

By the way, is the Raggedy Andy the item a bunch of the kids are calling the "2010 Scarecrow"? I don't see Raggedy Andy as a scarecrow, but maybe they don't recognize him? :??:

ROFL!   :rofl1:   Really??  OMG, lol!    :laugh2:   

I doubt they even know who Raggedy Ann and Andy are/were then.  oh goodness.

Consider yourself lucky if everyone got the prize when you went in, but not in every game did everyone get prize.
I tried hard to get those turkeys in that pen...only the winner got prize and everyone else left empty handed. I would have not minded at all a prize for trying! 

I don't think it's fair that one Host gives out prizes to all and then the other Host doesn't because it's supposed to be the same game, same chances of winning for everyone.  That means I was lucky to get in queue and enter game but unlucky to have chosen the wrong Host game?  I think they should get in synch and do same for all, either everyone gets prize or only winners, but same treatment in the rooms open.

AGREED! 

By the sounds of the queue system STILL .... everyone should get a prize.  Also, I'll bet next event, there will be nobody in line for Mintie, and everyone will be in queue for Vintage, if she was giving out room fulls of prizes.  wow

Sounds like a big headache, lucky I missed it I guess.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:04 AM »

Wendy: the reason why the kids are calling it the 2010 Scarecrow is because that is what VFK is calling it, the official name of the prize is:  "Raggedy Andy Scarecrow on a Hay Bale"....so,  I agree that poor Andy is totally unknown to most of the kids who are winning these, it's VFK who is calling him a "scarecrow".  Be glad that is all you've heard the kids calling poor Andy, I've heard him called "that creepy doll thing"....

Queue System: yep, still stinks!  And they really don't allot enough time for this event!  It takes so long to get everyone set up, to wait till ALL players have wrangled their turkeys, and to award the prize. And heaven forbid there has to be a re-start because someone popped up off of their gumdrop before "go" was said.

Prizes:  I am torn here on the idea of awarding prizes to all the players; I understand it when it is done on the FIRST run of any of the games (the first try of any of these host games usually everyone gets a prize).  But once the first "trial run" of the game is done, I think that only the winner should get the prize.  What's the point of having the having the competition if the winner is not rewarded?  I know some will think that is easy for me to say since I have a kid who does well at these things and he can at least get our family the prize; I STUNK at this event:  my turkeys ran away from me into a corner and I could not get them out, rofl!

I think a nice compromise might be a secondary prize for those who really do put in an effort and try the game.  And OMG, yes the  hosts need to be consistent in what they are doing for crying out loud!!!  If one host is giving to all, then the other host should as well....that's only fair!  Players should not penalized for choosing the wrong host room!!

These events continue to cause stress and stife in the kingdom and I am not sure what the true solution is.  There are rampant rumors that staff choose "favorites" from the back of the line and move them forward; there are cases of people signing on right at the beginning and never getting in, and then people who sign in towards the end of the event, getting several numbers, what the heck is THAT?

The funniest thing I heard last night was about a player who was in a room last night (on a clone) who was MAD that he lost to a stupid CLONE!  Ummm...so it would have been fine and OK if he won on a clone but it was NOT OK that he lost to someone else's clone?  I just find that truly amusing.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13 PM »

A few thoughts here:

Yes, a prize for just getting in would ease the pain for everyone who manages the impossible in achieving that task.

SPECIAL prize for the winner of the GAME.  Why have a competition...where nobody gets a special reward for winning?  :??:  People are competing for a prize.  Let them get it.  Maybe they should just kill the game and reward everyone who makes it into the queue!  LOL.  The queue is bad enough.  :hmm:

I can GUARANTEE you that the Flames would not have competed in any of the competitions held to date if we didn't get a SPECIAL prize for trying so hard to win...and achieving that task.  Otherwise, it's just a waste of time.  It may be fun to win...but there are other regular games in VFK that we can play if we just want to fart around.

Most kids these days haven't a clue as to who Raggedy Ann or Andy are.  It's a shame, but a fact of life.  If it isn't on their Ipod/Ipad/Blackberry/etc., they haven't heard of it :P

Queue system:  stinketh.  I get the idea.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  Personal opinion.

Stress:  yes.  It seems that VFK has yet to come out with a host event/game that makes everyone happy.  I think the problem with this is that they don't listen to feedback.  Nor do they request it.  If they don't have the 'pulse of the players', then they might as well hang it up.  Yes, there will still be people who are never happy.  Yes, there will still be people who wear 'rose-colored glasses', and have nothing but flowerful, gushing praise for VFK...no matter what VFKs gas smells like.  Pathetic.  Makes me sick just to watch it.  Still, VFK does have an opportunity to please the majority.  It's apparent to me that they aren't interested in that....which....frankly....baffles me.  So instead, they make things painful for the player...resulting in angst, conspiracy theories and people just plain getting fed up with all the carp and leaving game.  It is a foolish company who does not listen to WHAT THE PLAYER WANTS.  No BS.  However, it is personal opinion. ;)

End of rant for today.  lol
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:19 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 04:24 PM »

Since thoughts are going on, here's some of mine:

I don't care for the host games as they are now- reason being that I and others with slower computers will never win the "game" due to freeze/lag in those "moving" rooms or items we need to move.  I did go to the host game one night and tried to wrangle turkeys; however, by the time I(funfly) unfroze I was JUST getting off the gumdrop seat and then saw "xxxxx wins!"  I know my chances of winning the game are "slim to none" everytime due to this in these types.  

I was lucky, the Host gave to the entire room...otherwise I would not have those items.  In the entire time I've played that has happened to me twice.  I still go to some of these host games just for the fun of seeing and hoping that I can at least move somewhat during the game.  But special thanks to the Hosts who were so willing to give to the entire room at the time - because I was certainly trying and putting effort into (although it didn't look like it probably) - but circumstances kept me from moving, even as much as I was trying.

Sometimes I'll use a clone instead, just in the hopes of having a little less lag on them - the clone still lags, but not as bad as my main.

Really, what I want is the porter host games: "get in, choose porter, keep going, if you got the right porter(s) you win...if not, get in line again and try again"   This is fair for mostly all persons with fast or slow computers.  At least I know I have a chance of winning.  And I believe that more people would be able to actually participate - keep 'em moving!   :thumb:

So, prizes for all would be great!  Competition prizes only to the actual "winners" - if that is the case I should never ever bother to even try the events, I would lose everytime.  At least this way, I might be able to participate a little bit when not frozen; and if the host is kind enough to award to the entire room that is a bonus for us players.

The q line - I see both views- I've had numbers in the old system and not gotten in the room.  I've waited for a number and never gotten in; other times I have gotten in.  Given the choice, I'll take the current q system.  Sometimes I let it do the random search for number; other times I exit the 'waiting box' and click to enter the host room again instead.  All depends on what I feel like doing at the time.  Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't.

No matter what or how things are done at VFK, there will always be some who complain and others who praise.   People complained at VMK, they'll do it at VFK too and other games.  Only way to avoid this would be make your own game for yourself so you can be in charge of how you want things done--but once it's opened to other players, watch and wait for complaints, because they will complain.

Poor Raggedy Ann and Andy - I do remember them and had handmade dolls from my Great Aunt; sad that kids don't know these old-time fun pleasures.  :bighug: But then, you can't text on a Raggedy Ann/Andy  :lolg:

I really, really want those teleporter host games though!  :2thunbs:

ohmygosh...I wrote a book.. :shy: 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:37 PM by funfly »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19 PM »

I'm with ya Fun! I guess my feeling about prizes for everyone in these competitions comes from our VMK days. I remember many of us there wishing certain items were more accessible, especially for young players. Keep in mind, I am not a trader and could care less about the virtual "value" of certain items. I know for many players having those more rare items is a challenge and makes the game fun. Just not what I am into in the game. So, I understand how prizes for all is not something everyone wants. I remember trying so hard to get one of those candle hats for myself and our daughter. Not because of their "trade value", but because we really liked those. People wanted multiple Ice Cream items for them, items we didn't have. (I know some people think King and I have a lot from the Beta days, but we had only a few clones and pretty much gave almost everything away) We were so blessed to have a friend swoop in and offer the extra Ice Cream item so we could have those hats. But, in the end, they are virtual hats. I wasn't going to give up my first born for them.  :lolg: Your first born and a second mortgage seem to be the price these days for Host items.  :sur: :lolg:

I would also love to see more teleporter games. I find those so fun and it does give everyone a better chance at walking away with something, yet not everyone will win. It certainly gets many more people through the host rooms. Heck, I'd build the rooms for them. I'd volunteer to do it - no acknowledgement even needed. I would be glad to quietly build some teleporter rooms for them if they will just staff the game. Hmm...might send that in as a suggestion. :hmmmm:

Well, I am off to do a few things here. We watched "It's A Wonderful Life" tonight. Not a dry eye in the house. Classic, timeless, makes me feel so thankful for the gift of my life and the people around me. I have seen the movie many times, but tonight we noticed a plaque on the wall under Peter Bailey's picture at the Building and Loan. It read:
"All you can take with you is that which you've given away." Profound truth - inspiring.

Hugs everyone!  :bighug: :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 09:16 PM »

Yup!  Getting prizes is woot!  It would be awesome to go in a host game and having the surprise of getting a prize when you thought you had lost.  It would put a smile on my face after shaking trying to get those turkeys in the pen!  I'm happy for all of those who got this surprise!  I think it was very well deserved just for attempting this mind gobbling game! :rofl1:  My surprise was to know everyone was winning at the other Host Room!  So, it was a bit frustrating after all the time in queue to then find out everyone won in the other.  But, that would be my luck!  :laugh2:  I think other Host should have given prizes to everyone too!  It's ThanksGIVING for goodness sake!   :lolp:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 10:29 PM »

I don't know if this game was left open over night or if they had a game and when I noticed it it was over with, but really early this morning (11-12-10) from about 4 AM EST to about 6 AM EST (when I decided to finally head off to bed) I noticed this room (Vintage's room) in the host tab.  I tried to get in line, but it kept saying the game is now done with.  Strange cause it was there for so long, but not open?  Makes me wonder if it had just been left open from the night before.

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^
Pages: [1]   Go Up