VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/9/2010 Themed Clothing & Ultimate Game Card Package  (Read 11256 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
11/9/2010 Themed Clothing & Ultimate Game Card Package
« on: November 09, 2010, 08:46 PM »

Themed Clothing & Ultimate Game Card Package

November 9, 2010 9:49 AM

I've got two exciting things to tell you about today.  Firstly there are some exciting new outfits to show you. Coco was just telling me she'd lost count of the number of emails she'd received asking for a long white dress. Today that wish is granted, and there's even more.  If you want to become a doctor, nurse or even a mad scientist, then you'll be delighted with these new items: a Nurse's Uniform, a Stethoscope and a really fantastic Lab Coat!

We're also announcing a special promotion - we've got an early release of a couple of very cool new items that are available for purchase using an Ultimate Game Card!  The bundle consists of a Large LCD Wall TV and a Modern Black Pool Table.  Check out details of the Ultimate Game Card package below.

Wedding Dress

So dreamy, so romantic... if you've been trying to find the right dress to wear on your special day then look no further. Coco's been hard at work designing this stunning white wedding dress that I just know will launch a thousand romantic missions!

I know that when I first tried on this simply beautiful Wedding Dress after the final design adjustments were made, I had to wipe a tear from my eye, imagining all the romance and excitement that I knew would follow this dress in-world. Coco says "I've tried hard to bring you a design that would really encapsulate the essence of love .... and darlings, I think I've done it!" What do you think?

Lab Coat

Here's another stunning white design, but with a different vibe. It's for both girls and guys, and if you've ever dreamed of shutting yourself away in your lab to create secret potions or inventions (or crafted items), this coat has to be the most stylish thing to wear!

As Coco might say, it simply screams "mad scientist"; just don't forget to change your hair to something wild to match. For a quick change, pair it up with the new stethoscope pictured below and you'll transform into respected Doctor! The lab coat is a really unique looking item for your wardrobe, and you'll find it pairs well with lots of our existing clothing items - try some pants and a shirt in authentic 'scrubs' colors!

Nurse's Uniform and Stethoscope

Express your caring side and jump into the world of healthcare with this Nurse's Uniform.  It comes in a range of different colors so you can get the uniform you're looking for.

Perhaps you're a nurse in RL , or maybe you've always wanted to be one? Now's your chance!

The hospitals in SmallWorlds are very popular places, and now you'll have the perfect outfit to wear when you pay a visit!

Ultimate Game Card Promotion

Ultimate Game Card™ and SmallWorlds are spreading the holiday cheer with gifts that keep on gaming! When you use the Ultimate Game Card™ between November 8th, 2010 and January 3rd, 2011, you'll receive this Early Release Package for just $2.50!

Every Ultimate Game Card™ redeemed during this period also enters you into the Ultimate Last Minute Gift sweepstakes. One lucky grand prize winner will receive an Alienware laptop. They are also giving away an iPod Touch and tons of Ultimate Game Cards.

For more information about this event please visit: www.UltimateGameCard.com/holiday The Ultimate Game Card™ is available in over 70,000 retail stores worldwide and online on the PlaySpan™ Marketplace. To find a retailer near you, please visit: www.UltimateGameCard.com.

The early release items are only available with this package.  After the package has expired, the items will be available to purchase in-world.

I trust you'll have fun creating a party space with the LCD TV and the cool Black Pool Table.  And do drop in to Smallwear today and try some new outfits on - we've definitely got your size in stock ;-)

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:08 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 11/9/2010 Themed Clothing & Ultimate Game Card Package
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:48 PM »

Will post pics later, just too tired atm and kinda frustrated too. 

Some (in the official forum) are over the top concerned that they called the long white dress a "wedding dress. "
Don't like it, don't buy it. 

Even Webkinz geared to 8+ up ages has a wedding dress.

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54 AM »

Thanks Happy.  I personally don't like the clothes...but it's just a personal opinion thing.  Just not my taste.  I did read some pretty funny stuff over there.  :hmm:

The UGC package...now there's another story.  I think you're aware of the fiasco of people trying to purchase the *$&# things and having no success.  Personally, to me it was like jumping through hoops trying to figure out what to do and how it works.  Like many, I couldn't purchase a second set (once I figured out how to purchase the first) until Bug posted a workaround.  Last I heard, SW apologized and said it was fixed...but Bug posted back and said now it didn't work even with her workaround (I haven't read today, though).  They SERIOUSLY need to rethink how this process works over there.  I spent WAY too much time and energy trying to get the flam-blasted thing to work.  The price was awesome.  :thumb: The process was entirely uncool.  :td:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:24 PM »

omg Flame the wallet again!   :uhuh:

I did read about the card.  They are in fact a small operation.  Hopefully they will work out a fix.

Some of the comments there on the wedding dress---I just don't get.  Peeps are upset because it is called a wedding dress.  I'm so baffled.  Next thing someone will post all wood furniture was created to promote the killing of rain forests.  

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:40 PM »

omg Flame the wallet again!   :uhuh:

I did read about the card.  They are in fact a small operation.  Hopefully they will work out a fix.

Some of the comments there on the wedding dress---I just don't get.  Peeps are upset because it is called a wedding dress.  I'm so baffled.  Next thing someone will post all wood furniture was created to promote the killing of rain forests.  

:laugh2: :roflmao: :rofl1:  People can be ridiculous, no?   :uhuh2:

LOL about the wallet.  $2.50 is chump change.  :lolg:  We got one package each.  The items are pretty cool, and I won't have to worry about buying them with gold when they are released.  :sur:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:10 PM »

Just teasing.  I know with SW they do put out those tempting packages. I exchanged a lot of gold and some of my collection trading for willow beds and inferno dance floors. Sometimes the first day or two of a package seems to be a good way to earn gold-reselling items bought with cash.   Keep an eye to the Marketplace.

If I get one of those cards, I'll have to ask you for help.  Price is certainly more reasonable than some of the other packages.   

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:12 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 11:50 AM »

Just teasing.  I know with SW they do put out those tempting packages. I exchanged a lot of gold and some of my collection trading for willow beds and inferno dance floors. Sometimes the first day or two of a package seems to be a good way to earn gold-reselling items bought with cash.   Keep an eye to the Marketplace.

If I get one of those cards, I'll have to ask you for help.  Price is certainly more reasonable than some of the other packages.   

I'd be more than happy to help you out (no pun intended  :lolg: )

For me, it was uber-tricky...and I like to think of myself as fairly intelligent (key word being 'fairly'  :notme: )

I sold a set of these last night for 5,800 gold.  Not sure that's a good deal, but I need gold...so....yeah ;)  Splitting it in half with .It...as always :)

I was gonna sell them the first night...but with the payment fiasco, it was looking like we'd only be able to get 1 set.  So I waited till they fixed whatever was broken.  Figured it was better to be safe.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 12:37 PM »

Thanks!

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up