VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/4/2010 Craft A New Dining Set!  (Read 11967 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
11/4/2010 Craft A New Dining Set!
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:19 PM »

Craft A New Dining Set!

http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/11/04/craft-new-dining-set/

November 4, 2010 10:19 AM

I certainly hope you've been enjoying Crafting as much as I have.  I find making up the recipes and creating spells to be quite invigorating!  You'll remember that when we launched crafting we did say that it was about a lot more than just magic, so it is with great pleasure that I am here to announce our very first set of craftable furniture items that you can make using your crafting tables.

If you're thinking about inviting a special friend around for dinner, holding a dinner party, or just want to dress up your dining room, I know you'll be delighted with these new furniture items!  Remember that you can sell your crafted items in the Marketplace, and if you're not a Crafter you may be able to find these items for sale there.

Dining Chair

You can craft this stunning dining chair on Crafting Table One - the Learner Crafting Table. You'll need Level 20 Crafter XP to be able to craft it.

The recipe to create it is simple.  Take one Oak Chair (you can pick them up in SmallWorlds Emporium, Modern Living, and other SmallWorlds stores) and mix it with 5 Trumpet Bush seeds and you'll have yourself one of these stylish dining chairs. I'm sure you won't stop at just one... you'll just have to craft yourself a whole set!

Dining Table

You can craft the dining table on Crafting Table Two - the Basic Crafting Table.  You'll need Level 30 Crafter XP to be able to craft it.

For this recipe, you'll need 1 Mahogany Table and 4 Eventide Tree seeds. Mix them together for a fantastic furniture addition to your space!

Sideboard

If you're on Level 45, you can work with the Intermediate Crafting Table. This sideboard of course perfectly compliments the new craftable Dining Table and Chair items.

The recipe is as follows: 1 Bar Table and 4 Dew Drop seeds. In the twinkling of an eye you'll have your fantastic new sideboard waiting for you in your inventory!

Display Cabinet

This marvelous Display Cabinet is available to craft on the advanced crafting table, and you'll need to be a Level 60 Crafter. As well as the fine craftmanship you can see in the beautiful wooden finish, its filled with those very precious items of glassware and crockery - the things you only bring out for best!

To craft this gorgeous item: Take 1 bookcase and mix it with 4 Searing Hybrid seeds and 2 Dread Rose seeds. It's definitely worth getting your Crafting XP up so you can complete your new Dining Set collection - this piece is really fantastic!

New To Crafting?

Are you new to the skill of crafting?  Well you're in good company as it's fairly new in SmallWorlds.  We launched crafting a few weeks ago - you can read our crafting launch article for all the information you'll need about the What, Why and How of crafting!  Once you've read the article I'm sure you'll want to make a quick trip down to World of Smallcraft, the SmallWorlds Crafting store!

There's lots of activity around Farming and Crafting building on the forums too, so do make sure you check out the Farming and Crafting section for lots of information about seeds (where to buy them!), craftable items, and the chance to connect and chat with other keen farmers and crafters.

Melly Moonbeam has created a very useful crafting chart which shows very clearly exactly what you can craft on each table and the recipes for all items. She plans on keeping it updated as we release more craftable items, so you can check back for reference.

honesty.png

New Craftable Items Released Regularly

New craftable items will be released in-world regularly.  Who knows just what's going to be next? I'm certainly waiting with great anticipation to see.

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:26 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
Re: 11/4/2010 Craft A New Dining Set!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:16 PM »

Happy, is there any word that these will stick around or do they have people stop crafting for them after the holiday?

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:25 PM »

Thanks Happy!!  WOW!  These look amazing!  I'm so gonna make a few of these ;)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:08 PM »

Ok very happy about the furni!  Yay!  Thanks Happy!    :2thunbs:

But.. ugh the Mahogany Table you have to buy for gold.  boo.  :(
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:20 PM »

On some of the items if may be cheaper to buy it already crafted....  :notme:  

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:14 PM »

Lol true that!  :hmmmm:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 08:22 AM »

Thanks Happy!!  WOW!  These look amazing!  I'm so gonna make a few of these ;)

You are hereby HIRED to craft ME some of these, Mr. Seed King and Crafter Master!  I totally love this furnish.

Seriously, the more I look at what Small offers it's members, I can see why Flame has been involved there.  Me I am just a baby beginner, but I do like it.

VFK will always be my "home base" as it was the very first virtual anything I got involved in, but Small has become a nice little vacation spot for when I am weary of the Drama Zone.

Thanks for the update Happy.

.it    :hisign:  <---- for all our admirers!

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 12:17 PM »

.it    :hisign:  <---- for all our admirers!

LMAO!   :rofl1:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 03:14 AM »

I love the furni. too, but LOVE that Display Cabinet, but of course, all the really good stuff is gold.  :uhuh2:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 11:55 AM »

Well I crafted a display cabinet and sideboard last night, and WHOAH!  They look absolutely amazing!  I'm in love :)

I'll do chairs next.  It is a bummer that the table requires a regular table costing gold first to make it.  Blah.  I'm in love with this stuff, though.  This is my favorite color wood in real, too. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up