VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: FYI About Halloween Items in Shops  (Read 5683 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
FYI About Halloween Items in Shops
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:29 PM »

We were able to get through to staff today regarding how long the Halloween items will be left in stores. King cut his finger open tonight and I was freaking out that I wouldn't have time to shop. (I have done no shopping yet) This is what they said:

The Halloween items will be in the stores until about Friday.  You should look for Thanksgiving items soon after that!

Just wanted to share with our NoBS friends, so everyone could relax and buy over the next few days. Hugs Everyone!  :bighug: :hug:

P.S. King's finger is OK, but he is not allowed to use his new "Frozen Drink Maker" again until he reads the instruction manual.  :lolg: :uhuh:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
Re: FYI About Halloween Items in Shops
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 09:34 PM »

WOOT, thanks for that info Wendy....

I still have shopping to do as well, so glad to hear that.  Especially since they've kept us so busy this weekend, and some of the stuff only just came out.

OMG: how is King's finger though? Stitches? Hospital?

HUGS

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 09:46 PM »

Hugs .It!  :hug: :bighug: I wanted to make sure everybody was stress free about picking up anything in stores, because I know I was getting panicked!

No stitches, thank goodness. Butterfly bandaged and other bandages, though. He was very lucky. I was freaking out because he cut part of a finger off a few years ago on a sharp appliance edge. Then he needed all kinds of little procedures to fix everything. He dodged a bullet this time.

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16 AM »

THANKS WENDY! So good to know I have time still to shop. Can't even remember what I've bought so far!

Frozen drink maker??? Oh YUM!!!!!!  :tan: I want one!!!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:08 AM »

Thank you for the update Princess   :hug:

I hope King's finger is much better too. 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 07:09 AM »

Aww for King's finger!!  :'(

Was it the thumb?  :thumb:

Was it the index finger?   :uhuh:

Was it the middle one?   :victory:

Hoping for a speedy finger recovery so that he can flip the pages of the instruction manual!    :book:   :lolg: 

And woot for when you can enjoy frozen drinks with no mishaps!!!   :tan:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 02:36 PM »

We were able to get through to staff today regarding how long the Halloween items will be left in stores. King cut his finger open tonight and I was freaking out that I wouldn't have time to shop. (I have done no shopping yet) This is what they said:

The Halloween items will be in the stores until about Friday.  You should look for Thanksgiving items soon after that!

Just wanted to share with our NoBS friends, so everyone could relax and buy over the next few days. Hugs Everyone!  :bighug: :hug:

P.S. King's finger is OK, but he is not allowed to use his new "Frozen Drink Maker" again until he reads the instruction manual.  :lolg: :uhuh:

Thanks for the info Wendy!  :bighug:

Glad to hear his finger will be in good shape without stitches/etc.  But definitely take away that "Frozen Drink Maker" until instruction manual is read!  What is it with these guys who refuse to read Instruction Manuals...... :uhuh:

But, I really did get a giggle after I saw how you posted that one sentence (which I bolded)....sounds like you were freaking out about not being able to shop; not about his finger  :lolg: :bighug:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 03:01 PM »

Thanks for the info Wendy!  :bighug:

Glad to hear his finger will be in good shape without stitches/etc.  But definitely take away that "Frozen Drink Maker" until instruction manual is read!  What is it with these guys who refuse to read Instruction Manuals...... :uhuh:

But, I really did get a giggle after I saw how you posted that one sentence (which I bolded)....sounds like you were freaking out about not being able to shop; not about his finger  :lolg: :bighug:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
OK, so when I read my post back Fun, you are right! It reads like I could care less about King's finger!  :lolg:

I had two freak outs last night then... It was once we got through with the whole finger incident that I started freaking out because the evening was spent dealing with King's finger.

On a side note, when I said no drink maker until the instructions were read, guess what? He sat and read those instructions from back to front last night. So now I'm thinking about making a whole list of things I need done before he can use the drink maker!  :laugh2: >:D

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 08:00 PM »

The Halloween gift boxes with the cool Halloween designed paper, are gone from the Gift Shoppe.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15 PM »

Wendy, my dear hubby said:

King should not drink so much before using the "frozen drink maker" - and like on warning labels "Do not use heavy equipment & machinery while drinking".......   :lolg:  :shy:

Yep, if you hit your thumb/finger with a hammer while building, we probably will laugh first and ask after 'are you ok?'  :shy:

The Halloween gift boxes with the cool Halloween designed paper, are gone from the Gift Shoppe.
Thanks Ducky!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 02:59 AM »

Boy, the Halloween curse just gets worse.  Yesterday after I had read Princess' post about King's finger, I was opening a can of cat food with a pull top and it pulled back right onto my pinkie slicing it.  It was so close to bleeding right through the bandaid and now it is bruised bad.  As soon as I did it I thought of King.  LOL!  It hurts like a B, but I guess it could of been worse.

Glad the stuff will still be in the stores today because I haven't had a chance to get on yet.  :(  See ya there!  :waveb:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 03:03 PM »

Boy, the Halloween curse just gets worse.  Yesterday after I had read Princess' post about King's finger, I was opening a can of cat food with a pull top and it pulled back right onto my pinkie slicing it.  It was so close to bleeding right through the bandaid and now it is bruised bad.  As soon as I did it I thought of King.  LOL!  It hurts like a B, but I guess it could of been worse.

Glad the stuff will still be in the stores today because I haven't had a chance to get on yet.  :(  See ya there!  :waveb:

HOpe you heal up quick there Krazy!  :bighug:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 11:02 PM »

HOpe you heal up quick there Krazy!  :bighug:

Thank you, hugzzzzz, it has started to feel better and the bruising and swelling have gone down a bit too.  The pain was a B, but that has gotten better as well.  Now if I don't bump into anything with it I should be ok lol.  :lolg:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 07:43 AM »

As of 10:41 am east time the Halloween items are still in Merlin and Gift Shoppe.

So if you missed buying Friday night....run those little feet to the stores if you still need items! Not sure how much longer they'll be in there.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 10:43 PM »

As of 10:41 am east time the Halloween items are still in Merlin and Gift Shoppe.

So if you missed buying Friday night....run those little feet to the stores if you still need items! Not sure how much longer they'll be in there.

Still in there right now which I think is a good thing.  Hope they stick around a while.

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 12:11 PM »

King should not drink so much before using the "frozen drink maker" - and like on warning labels "Do not use heavy equipment & machinery while drinking".......   :lolg:  :shy:

Yep, if you hit your thumb/finger with a hammer while building, we probably will laugh first and ask after 'are you ok?'  :shy:

Thanks Ducky!

You know....the alcohol also impaired me from being able to read the warning label in the manual.  Yeah that's the ticket.  I'm not like other guys who don't read manuals or ask for directions...   :notme:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 04:12 PM »

Thanks Ducky!

You know....the alcohol also impaired me from being able to read the warning label in the manual.  Yeah that's the ticket.  I'm not like other guys who don't read manuals or ask for directions...   :notme:

:lolg: :bighug: :bighug:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21 AM »

Thanks Ducky!

Since this is NOBS, I am just going to point out the obvious here...King's post is TOTAL BS!  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Oh well, I am trying to talk him into making some sort of Egg Nog frozen beverage for me.  :lolg: As soon as his finger heals, of course...

Also, as of this post - Tuesday, Nov. 9th at about 12:20 EST, all Halloween items are still in all of the shops. The furniture exchange is also still active. I am sure most of this will be gone very soon. I noticed the signs in the gift shop all have Thanksgiving messages up now. So if there are any items you still need, get 'em quick!  :thumb:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up