VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/29/2010 Mission Possible  (Read 9150 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/29/2010 Mission Possible
« on: October 29, 2010, 08:19 PM »

http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/10/29/mission-possible-launched/

Mission Possible

October 29, 2010 6:56 AM

Hello citizens - and most especially to all mission players and creators. As Chocktober draws to a close, we're making good on our promise to bring you a brand new section in the Chronicle devoted to Missions. The Chronicle team are very excited to bring you the Mission Possible page!

Missions - A Home in the Chronicle

To find Mission Possible, click on the Community section in the Chronicle, and you'll see it right next to Scene in SmallWorlds.

Submit a Mission Review and you could win 1000 Gold!

We're very pleased to bring you an easy way to submit your own mission reviews. We look forward to receiving yours, and if we publish it you'll get 1000 Gold. Check the existing reviews as a guide for style and length.

From the Mission Commissioner...

Hello citizens! Well as you can imagine, the entire Mission Commission team and I are beside ourselves with excitement at finally having a home here in the Chronicle! Missions are such an exciting part of SmallWorlds gameplay - not only is it a remarkably creative activity, playing missions is great fun - just ask any of the Mission Commission members!

I look forward to seeing many more mission reviews as well as conducting a few interviews with Mission creators myself! You can see the team and I pictured above (we're just training up two new members - we'll introduce them to you soon!) waiting with anticipation for the first publish of Mission Possible - enjoy!

~ The Mission Commissioner

Missions... a (very) brief History!

With Chocktober now at an end, you'd think that our developers might be sitting back having a well earned rest. Well I can assure you that this is not the case at all and luckily for all SmallWorlds citizens, they are all very hard at work on lots of exciting projects to make SmallWorlds even better!

They're all so busy that I was hard pressed to find anyone with time for an interview, but did get a few comment from Andrew H who had some interesting reflections on the development of Missions in SmallWorlds.

In the very early days of SmallWorlds, missions consisted of a single task - once that task was complete, the mission was over. It's funny to think back to how simple it all was when you look at the complexity of missions being created these days!

Anyway, it was soon apparent that we would need to improve on this if we wanted to give players a deeper, more compelling experience. A mission then became a chain of tasks and we've been adding options to allow greater customization. I know how hard it can be to create a good mission and I'm always really impressed by the creativity and quality of what players come up with!

- Andrew H,  SmallWorlds developer

Tell us what you'd like to see!

We've got some ideas for some great articles coming up in the future, but to make sure we give you what you want, please let us know what you're most interested in reading about by taking this quick poll. Don't forget to use the "other" field to pop in any specific article ideas you've got.

What articles do YOU want to read in 'Mission Possible'?

Mission Reviews
Interviews with Mission Makers
Interviews with Mission Players
"How To...." articles on Mission Making
Got an idea for a great Mission-related article? Please tell us in the "other" field below!
Other:

VoteView Results
Share This
Quantcast

Mission Possible: All About Missions

I hope you'll enjoy this great new section in the Chronicle! We're always excited to see the Chronicle grow and expand, and it's especially great to be able to support the fantastic mission making community in SmallWorlds. I'm very interested to hear just what you'd like to see published, so I hope you take the opportunity to let us know.

Warm wishes to all Mission enthusiasts - players and creators alike!

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:51 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up