VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween Spooktacular Celebration!  (Read 2650 times)

Mermaid Melusina

Halloween Spooktacular Celebration!
« on: October 29, 2010, 06:14 AM »

From the Home Page:

Halloween Spooktacular Celebration Continues

October has been a busy busy month so far in preparation for Halloween with the all new

Skeleton and Lava Halloween Rides
Forgotten Crypt Guest Room
Haunted Cemetery Guest Room
Volcanic Cavern Guest Room
Halloween Furni, over 200 items
Spooky Trees
Victorian Haunted Mansion Game with New Haunting Awards
Halloween Quests
Corn Mazes
Host Halloween Hunts
Host Halloween Pumpkin Races
Host Ride Events
Halloween Scavenger Hunts
and lots more
Of course, we can't forget our all new Halloween Costumes!

Today, Friday, starts our Halloween Spooktacular Celebration Weekend!

Watch for the Haunted House Interior Walls, just what you need to build your perfect haunting experience. Some of these will be awards and some will be for sale!

There will be more Host events, more pumpkin races, more of everything!

Autumn Imports will be receiving a Halloween Shirt Drop in lots of colors with Halloween designs. The shirts come in different colors with spooky designs.

There will be More new Halloween Scavenger Hunts for spooky items through Halloween!

The mazes and Victorian Haunted Mansion will have more eerie items you will not want to miss!

Halloween weekend begins with the first night of our Halloween Ball, which will be from 5:00 to 7:00 pm Pacific Time (8:00 to 10:00 pm Eastern) Friday night.

There will be an exclusive Halloween Party Favor which you can pick up at the end of the ball!

New Gowns and Attire, just for Halloween, will be available before the ball on Friday Evening.

Trick or Treating will begin Saturday evening and continue through Sunday, with a special triple Trick or Treating treat! Trick or Treating includes the candy you expect, but when you have collected some candy you will receive a Trick or Treat bucket which you can carry as you Trick or Treat! And finally, for the most determined, if you are a serious Trick or Treater and collect lots of candy, you will find an ultra special Halloween Magic!

On the eve of Halloween, Saturday Night, there will be a Midnight Halloween Ball starting when the Chimes of Big Ben Strike Twelve. That will be Midnight Central Time, 1:00 am Eastern Time (10:00 pm Pacific Time, 6:00 am in the UK) Because of our Midnight Halloween Ball on Saturday, we will not switch to single user mode to do server maintenance but will instead party the night away! The Midnight Halloween Ball is always a spooky event, and you might just be a bit ghostly yourself! Party Favors for this ball will be available early!

Sunday, Halloween, we start out with our usual Quest, and Trick or Treating will continue throughout the day!

There will also be a Mini-Quest for the 2010 Halloween Pin!

Sunday Afternoon we will have our final Halloween Ball at 12:00 pm Pacific Time (3:00 pm Eastern Time, 8:00 pm in the UK) Don't forget to pick up your special Party Favors at the close of the ball!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
Re: Halloween Spooktacular Celebration!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:23 AM »

OK -- so like, this a NO SLEEP weekend then? Once again, VFK is going to completely send us off the deep end by overwhelming us with too much at once.  Yes, I do think they are trying to kill us.

I have also heard/read that the so-called new prize in 13 ghosts in the mansion is RANDOM!!!  --shakes head in disbelief--

Thanks Fish.i  ( I think...) for this update!!!

.it
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:43 AM by Flamanette »

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 02:02 PM »

Wow! Lots of stuff to do!

Thanks for the info fish.i

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:05 PM »

OK -- so like, this a NO SLEEP weekend then? Once again, VFK is going to completely send us off the deep end by overwhelming us with too much at once.  Yes, I do think they are trying to kill us.

I have also heard/read that the so-called new prize in 13 ghosts in the mansion is RANDOM!!!  --shakes head in disbelief--

Thanks Fish.i  ( I think...) for this update!!!

.it

OMG random?!?!?!  No wonder, when I stayed up last night, people said they were getting it and I got nothing of course.  :wtf?:

Crap, more stuff to buy?  Well, I have no clue what to do.  If I use up my credits now I won't have anything for Christmas.  Also these sleepless nights are killing me.  LOL!  Ok, I will stop complaining now.  :bm:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:19 PM »

By all means keep complaining woman!  VFK IS TRYING TO KILL US!!!!!  Time to defend ourselves!!  :pguns: :pcannon: :pboom:

LOL.  And no, the mansion prize isn't random.  It was a bug.  Took VFK forever to find it I guess.  It works now.  Left alot of frustrated players in its wake, unfortunately.  People did a SERIOUSLY large amount of runs getting:  nothing.  You can see why nerves were frazzled for some ;)

Seriously, this is uncool of VFK to dump all this on us at the absolute last minute.  This kind of thing should have been advertised AT LEAST a week in advance.  These 'everyday a new scavenger hunt' really should have been spaced out over a couple of weeks.  People have lives, and the only way to enjoy all of this potentially cool stuff...is to put aside any plans in real.  This isn't fun.  Personal opinion.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:23 PM by flamanar »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 10:31 PM »

Overwhelming much? King and I had to sit and really discuss this earlier and pray about what we were going to do with all of this activity this weekend. I know it sounds silly to pray about online time, but I was beginning to stress, so we sat down to put it all in perspective.

I have not been feeling well this week, but we may have some answers coming. (I guess I should update my "health/kitchen thread" sometime. To top it off, we had a glitch in a kid's costume that we just found tonight. I cannot sew like I used to with the nerves in my hands and feet, so we took things to a seamstress to fix up. Long story short, there was an issue with the way the costume came that she didn't fix - made worse actually. She is usually really good, she hems all of our pants/skirts since I wasn't able to any more. But, I have had to get really creative and am trying to just sit and sew minimally by hand. (So much for a "no sew" Halloween)  :sur: I feel like blaring the Alanis Morrisette song, "Isn't It Ironic", because that has been our life this week!  :rofl1:

Anyway, King just said, "Look, in the end of it all, these are not real costumes or items and when you close your computer, they are gone.". So, we took a step back and said we will try to do what we can, when we can. I am excited about all of the activities. I love trick or treating, am excited to see them adding ride events, etc. But, boy do I wish they had spaced it out some and have that event calendar loaded up in advance. Loaded for the week would be ideal, but even loaded each morning to know what the day holds. In the end, I am not willing to sacrifice real life things right now. We did that several times on VMK and I look back wishing we had done that differently. So, we will be around as much as possible and hopefully will run into some friends.

I do have a feeling that all of us may need to plan a NoBS "After Halloween" party on VFK to reconnect after all of the running around we will be doing this weekend!  :heat: :sur:

Hugs Everyone!  :bighug: :hug:
Princess
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 04:42 AM »

Yes, spacing things out would have been nice and a relief.  I'm doing some, but not as much as I used to.

Hem emergency:  use a stapler - it works as temporary or quick fix  :thumb:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 11:02 AM »

I wish it was as easy as a hem... Thanks for the advice Fun, I am going to keep that tucked away for emergencies.  :thumb:

There is actually something on the torso part of the costume that looks funny. The company who made the costume already placed it too low on the dress, then when the seamstress took it up at the waist, she made it off center. Not just a little off center, enough to look  :td: . So, I spent last night (until the wee hours taking leftover material trying to create something to cover it up. That is now "Plan B", because I wasn't happy with those results and right as I fell asleep I got the idea to go get some matching pink material and just make a sash/bow around the waist to cover the mistake. Then I can create the logo/jewel on the dress where it si supposed to be.

Funny thing is, it seems like every Halloween we have something that comes up where I am up most of the night. At least this time we found the problem 2 days before Halloween.  :lolg:

Well, we have church and a trip to the fabric store this afternoon/evening. Maybe we will see everybody later for some Trick-or-Treating. "I got a rock."  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up