VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/26/2010 Get Your Broomflyer 3000!  (Read 13263 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/26/2010 Get Your Broomflyer 3000!
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:26 PM »

Get Your Broomflyer 3000!
http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/10/26/broomflyer-3000/

October 26, 2010 5:09 PM

Greetings SmallWorlds citizens. Here at SWHQ we've been utterly swept up in Halloween Fever! With the release of the new Halloween theme, space and mission, all those fantastic Halloween item swap-outs, and the Hades-themed items, it's feeling spook-tacular indeed.

But that's not all!  I'm proud to announce there's a totally new means of in-world transportation in SmallWorlds: the broomstick.  I'm extremely excited to present the Broomflyer 3000!
Broom Power!

The Broomflyer 3000 is the newest and most fun way to get around in SmallWorlds.  It will give you +10 speed when you ride it, and this limited-time-only Rare item is only available in our truly affordable Broom Power package.

Just as you've requested, we've kept this package nice and simple. The Broom Power package contains no Gold, just the Rare Broomflyer 3000. It's simply perfect for Halloween.

The Broom Power package will be available until midnight on the 22nd December SWT, so make sure you don't miss out.

The Broomflyer 3000 - Hotting up your Halloween!

I've got a couple of great Halloween images for you:

* Imagine wearing your Buster the Ghost monthly collectible while riding on your Broomflyer 3000.  Perhaps you could even don your Vampire Cape?  There are a lot of wearables in-world that would look just wonderful atop this wonderful contraption.
    * What about riding together with a friend, both of you on your Broomflyer 3000s, and shooting each other with the new just-for-Halloween Witch Head spell.
    * Who's going to set up SmallWorlds first Broomflyer 3000 race-track? Broomstick racing is a lot of fun.

These are but a few fun things that you and your friends can do with your Broomflyer 3000s - I am quite sure you can think of many others.

Forget sweeping, try swooping the floor instead!

Get your limited-time-only Broom Power package while you can - after midnight on 22nd December, it will never be available again!

Remember that Rare items generally provide an extremely sound SmallWorlds investment opportunity, and will often sell for amounts exceeding their original purchase price. I'm sure that such a unique item as this will be a 'must have' for SmallWorlds investors and rares collectors alike.

The team and I are very much looking forward to flying around in-world; the new Broomflyer 3000 is such a lot of fun!  Also, I have a tantalizing little hint - the November monthly collectible will look simply superb seated upon one; my lips are well and truly sealed however!

~ Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:29 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 10/26/2010 Get Your Broomflyer 3000!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31 PM »

Thanks Happy!  I saw this hit Twitter last night and read up a bit on it.  A speed boost of only 10 means I won't use it much, but .It wants us both to get one, so I might get a couple.  Dan was commenting how they're trying out 'item-only' packages to see how they go over.  Seems like there have been alot of requests for that type of thing on the forums.  I love the low price.  Then again, re-sale value will be uber-low because so many people will have one.  I think if they mixed 'item-only' and 'mixed' packages, that would be a nice medium.  Dunno.  Just guessing :P

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:11 PM »

Interesting fact learned on Twitter....

Happy Wrote:

HappyGuest Happy Guest
@
@SmallWorldsTwt Cool item....Finally something I can use to clean up the stuff that might get broken when I'm around. #sweepmessundercarpet
26 Oct Favorite Reply Delete

SW Replied:

SmallWorldsTwt SmallWorlds
@
@HappyGuest Tsk tsk. Magical brooms should not be used for domestic tasks. It voids the warranty. #SmallWorlds
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:laugh2:

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:28 PM »

LOL I did read that!  Too funny!  :laugh2:

Got a couple last night.  An extra $.75 each got us both a game machine.  I figured what the heck...right?  ;)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:23 PM »

Uh oh!   :uhuh:  They got you to open the wallet.  

Yes, in most packages they seem to offer an add on item deeply discounted.  

As for the speed:
Drag your reusable chocolate bunny from the Easter Island Mission to your action tool bar (the emote thingy)
Put it on the default (lowest row w/ the lightning bolt)  
The use the function key (F1 if it is the first in that row, F@ if the 2nd----for a quick boost.)

Side note: All magic, food, weapons,and wears can be dragged in to the action panel. Players can determine what they what where on that panel too.    Only the lowest row works w/ the functions keys.  

To add an item to the action panel, click the wrench, library opens and drag over.  
To remove, drag to the icon of the little white trash can, it simply leaves the action panel, but remains in your inventory.
To re-arrange, simply drag them around.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:26 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 01:02 PM »

LOL.  Yeah, they got me.  Ah well...the extra $$ from us will keep them running for at least another few minutes ;)  Great tips, Happy!  

Please correct me on the following if I'm incorrect:

------------------------

I think alot of people don't know that Speed 'stacks'.  Like wearing the beta cape and using the hoverboard results in TWO adds to your total speed.  Just an FYI.

I'll add that I use the hot cocoa with the chocolate bunny.  ROFL.  Serious speed boost.  T-bone steak works instead of the hot chocolate (if memory serves me correctly).  I don't think you can use BOTH the steak and cocoa at the same time...but you CAN use one of those AND the chocolate bunny at the same time.  I also wear my new ghost suit if I want FAST.  Right now (at least in my inventory of wearables) it's got the fastest speed rating.

Also, most people don't know to allocate their CL 'bonus attribute points' once they receive them.  I suggest that if people never intend on playing the arena games, allocate ALL CL bonus attribute points available to Speed.  Makes a serious difference ;)  

Just as an example, you can see how Speed 'stacks' based on Flame:

Speed ratings:
Flame...nekkid with nothing on=36
After putting on ghost outfit=71
After adding hoverboard=96
After adding beta cape=106
After using bunny=131
After using cocoa=136

You can keep track of your speed rating if you click on 'Profile', then Attributes.

To add your 'bonus attribute points' (if you have any available, you will see how much you have on the right), just click the plus sign next to the attribute/attributes you want to increase, until your points are used up.

Is all that correct, Happy?

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 03:25 PM »

Not sure on the #'s, but yes, speed stacks.  

As for the bonus points for CL yes---however should you decide to reallocate them at any time there is a hefty 1K gold fee.   :arg: 

I like being hit by magic so my whopping 82 points are on CL.  Some of the other attributes might protect your avi from spells -weapons all around .

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:28 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 04:09 PM »

Not sure on the #'s, but yes, speed stacks.  

As for the bonus points for CL yes---however should you decide to reallocate them at any time there is a hefty 1K gold fee.   :arg: 

I like being hit by magic so my whopping 82 points are on CL.  Some of the other attributes might protect your avi from spells -weapons all around .

Yeah, I did see that reallocation fee.  Sheesh!  Since I'm not sure if I'll play the arena games or not, I do allocate some of my bonus points spread across the other attributes.  I'm not taking any chances with getting hit with that fee!  :uhuh2:  The other attributes I think are only really applicable to arena games.  When not playing an arena game, you wouldn't need to worry about how much health you have, or how well you're protected against 'X' spell or attack.  Makes sense to me...but I've been wrong before.   :lolg:
Pages: [1]   Go Up