VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/19/2010 Happy Halloween!  (Read 8436 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/19/2010 Happy Halloween!
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:32 PM »

Happy Halloween!

October 19, 2010 3:44 PM

http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/10/19/happy-halloween/

It's that frightening time of year once again, and we've got lots of scary fun to share with you.  Pay a visit to our brand new Halloween space, and you'll find four spooky seasonal items on sale. There's also a new Halloween Mission with a Rare item giveaway if you complete the mission.

We've got a great range of swap-outs, some of which are truly stomach-turning (don't look too closely at the toilet!) and Coco has a Halloween Costume Competition to enter!

Halloween Theme Swap-outs

Activate the Halloween theme from your space settings menu (click the wrench icon, space settings/theme) and if you have any of the 'swap-out' items in your space, they'll be given the Halloween treatment.

With the Halloween theme, you'll get six new wall textures and two floor coverings to choose from.  The new decor choices have a pumpkin-head on them, so you'll be able to easily see which ones they are.

Here's a preview of some of the swap-out items - they are quite gruesome!

Seasonal Items for Sale!

We've got some creepy-looking Skull Balloons for sale as a seasonal item.  And we've also got 3 items from last year's Halloween swap-out which are now also available as seasonal items: brain on a plate, a dead rubber plant and bones on a path.

All the items are perfect for your Halloween parties, so make sure you grab yours today. Remember that seasonal items are available for a limited time only, but may be sold again next Halloween.  You'll find all these items in the Halloween space, and in Dungeon of Deals.

Halloween Magic and a Magic Battle!

We've replaced two spells for Halloween. The Fish Head Spell has transformed into the Witch Spell and the Donkey Head Spell has become the Vampire Spell.

Don't forget the Quick Draw Magic Showdown starting 6pm SWT on Friday night and running until midnight on Sunday.  Along with Halloween Spell fun, you'll get the chance to show off your new crafted magic.  It's guaranteed to be a blast!

Halloween Mission: Frankenstein's Pumpkin Hunt

As soon as you teleport into the Frankenstein's Pumpkin Hunt mission, you'll notice you look a little different... you've been turned into the monster Frankenstein! Your task is to get all the pumpkins ready for Halloween. As you go about this task you are suddenly transported into a mysterious Halloween dimension.  Somehow, you have to find your way home again.

If you complete the mission, you'll get a free Rare Pumpkin Lantern - it's got a freaky red glow. This item is available only for Halloween 2010, so do make sure you collect yours while you still can.

Halloween Costume Competition

Dressing up in a scary costume is at the very heart of having fun at Halloween and we've got a great competition for you!

Coco's SmallWorlds Style Icon competition this week is "Best Halloween Costume" and she's really looking forward to seeing your best Halloween Outfits.

Enter today on Coco's official forum thread and you could be in to win one of two prizes of 2000 Gold!
Halloween Fun in SmallWorlds

One thing is clear, there's plenty of fun to be had in SmallWorlds during Halloween! As well as the Frankenstein's Pumpkin Hunt mission, you'll find lots of other Halloween missions on the Missions panel.

Check out the Creativity and Art forum if you'd like to admire some great Halloween art, and there's lots of really scary spaces to visit.

If you've yet to get your Buster the Ghost monthly collectible, go grab one from Mysterio's today.  He's the perfect wearable to complete your SmallWorlds Halloween experience!

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:56 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 10/19/2010 Happy Halloween!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:27 PM »

There are some really cool (not for sale items) shown in the featured mission.
The pumpkin awarded at the end of the mission is 1 per account.

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:51 PM »

Thanks Happy!  What a funny mission!  LOL.  Nice pumpkin, too ;)

Quick question:  do you know which tree that is where they say "Here's a preview of some of the swap-out items - they are quite gruesome!"?
I can't figure out which tree that is...and of course...I have to have it!  Thanks :)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 04:47 AM »

Flame has been showing me and telling me about all these crazy Halloween changes, and I can't wait to get a look at them for myself.  He had the kids cracking up looking at some of the names of the items that have changed for Halloween.  Sounds like loads of fun!

Thanks for the updates!

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 01:09 PM »

Quick question:  do you know which tree that is where they say "Here's a preview of some of the swap-out items - they are quite gruesome!"?

The spooky looking tree is the large maple, 55 gold only  :'(
The orange thing is the tall cactus. 

I believe the normal "dead tree" is the one that has the "dangling skulls"

Tip:
View inventory in a space with a "non Halloween" theme.  Inventory looks "normal"
Next go in to any space with the Halloween theme.  Inventory takes on the Halloween look.

Tip:
Remember, in the past SW removed the Halloween overlay after Halloween. 

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:43 PM »

Ugh.  Bought the wrong tree by mistake.  But it's ok, because I needed that one, too! LOL.  Got the right tree, too.  Love it!  Also found the 'dangling skulls' tree already in my inventory.  Must have bought it way back when.  LOVE that tree!  LOL.  Also got the cactus (HAD to have that!).

I found out about the inventory thing by accident last night.  I was in Dungeon of Deals and everything looked halloween.  When I went to Aces Appliance, things looked normal again.  LOL.

Yeah, I figured they would discontinue the overlay after Halloween.  At least I'm set for next year...I think.   LOL.  Thanks alot!

The spooky looking tree is the large maple, 55 gold only  :'(
The orange thing is the tall cactus. 

I believe the normal "dead tree" is the one that has the "dangling skulls"

Tip:
View inventory in a space with a "non Halloween" theme.  Inventory looks "normal"
Next go in to any space with the Halloween theme.  Inventory takes on the Halloween look.

Tip:
Remember, in the past SW removed the Halloween overlay after Halloween. 

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 02:23 PM »

I think it's very cool how some items transform into something spooky!!  

Being a Fish.i, I am having a woot time with the water in the hot tub, bath tub and wash machine! ...and about that toilet.... :lolg:   :shy:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 02:50 PM »

ROFL.  Yeah, I've been using the bushes and skipping the toilet :P  LOL.  I love the bed, too.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 06:29 PM »

I think that maggot pizza is nasty.  YUCK!  :psick:  If you watch it long enough they move.

Halloween Mission: Frankenstein's Pumpkin Hunt

As soon as you teleport into the Frankenstein's Pumpkin Hunt mission, you'll notice you look a little different... you've been turned into the monster Frankenstein! Your task is to get all the pumpkins ready for Halloween. As you go about this task you are suddenly transported into a mysterious Halloween dimension.  Somehow, you have to find your way home again.

If you complete the mission, you'll get a free Rare Pumpkin Lantern - it's got a freaky red glow. This item is available only for Halloween 2010, so do make sure you collect yours while you still can.

I really, really love this pumpkin, but think it bites that we only get one.  I wish we could buy them instead.

Happy, I have a question about this mission though.  I did it for the first time last night and when I was in the room where the teleporters are if you look at the top left of the room there is another scroll there.  I tried, but can't get to it so I am wondering if it might be a bomus mission scroll later on because it makes me wonder why a blank scroll would be there and we can't get to it.

Thanks!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 02:16 PM »

I have not heard of a bonus mission. 

Although we can only earn one pumpkin per account, you can purchase them from other players. 

In 2008, the Halloween and Christmas gifts were given via mail.  My guess over time one reason is they added the mission and limits to prevent inactive & undetected mule accounts from just getting the item and reselling. 

Prices for the pumpkin lantern have dropped.  Yesterday I picked up 2 for 500 gold each.  The day before the going rate was 1K. 

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up