VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/14/2010 Crafting is Here!  (Read 14213 times)

Mermaid Melusina

Re: 10/14/2010 Crafting is Here!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 08:17 PM »

I think it's like Happy says.  Not everything is for everyone.  I tried crafting, but I really don't get it.  It's like using stuff to make stuff to end up using that crafted stuff for more  stuff....and so on and as Flame said, the last two tables are gold ONLY so don't think I will be putting much time into crafting. Do you know if that magic you create is reusable or if once used it's gone? If it's not reusable, it will be just a vicious cycle. I did buy a little starter table.  It's cute. It does look neat in my room.  I guess as a furniture it's woot for me!  Also, it's nice that they are creating new things.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 09:26 PM »

As I understand it from reading the official forums---a player can use a friends crafting table.
A quick look at the official forums already shows players have created crafting centers for all.

Not sure it the magic is single use or not. I clicked on all 4 crafting tables.  They show the "recipes".   In my eyes the crafting process appears to be a "trading up process"  Trade in you low level seeds and low priced magic--->get higher priced magic---->trade in your higher priced magic and higher level seeds and get magic not sold in SW owned stores.

One feature of crafting that needs to be seen is the mention of crafting of other items.

Quote from the blog:

There are only three spells available for crafting on this table to start with.  But new items will be added over the coming weeks - furniture and decor items especially!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 10:07 PM »

Thanks Happy.  I will keep an eye to see how this crafting thing develops.  For now, I stopped at Level 3 bc of lack of Azure Trumpet seeds and there were none for sale at the Item Merchandise.   :rofl1:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 10:25 PM »

Thanks Happy.  I will keep an eye to see how this crafting thing develops.  For now, I stopped at Level 3 bc of lack of Azure Trumpet seeds and there were none for sale at the Item Merchandise.   :rofl1:

I have extra, but you can also purchase seeds right from SW when you go to sow them in the pot.  Take an empty pot and click on it.  Then click the seed bag in the bottom left corner of the window.  The view defaults to the seed selection from SW ('Buy Plants').  Many are tokens and cheap :)  If you wanna do more crafting, I think I have spares ;)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06 AM »

I have extra, but you can also purchase seeds right from SW when you go to sow them in the pot.  Take an empty pot and click on it.  Then click the seed bag in the bottom left corner of the window.  The view defaults to the seed selection from SW ('Buy Plants').  Many are tokens and cheap :)  If you wanna do more crafting, I think I have spares ;)

Quick question, where else do you buy seeds for cheaper then right from SW itself?  I heard the Marketplace above, but can someone explain how (or again) it works?  Thanks!

Happy is there a section on here talking about the seeds?  Can I have the link to read up on them.  Its my first time I am doing them.  Thanks!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 11:12 AM »

I can answer your first question.  Item Marketplace is accessible by opening your inventory, then clicking the orange button in the top right that says 'item marketplace'.  That brings up another area where you can scroll through a list of items to see if what you're looking for is being sold by anyone.  You can choose to look for items being sold for gold (blech) or by tokens (yay).  Be careful.  I've overpaid twice on the marketplace.

Another option is to visit the SW forums.  There are more people posting now that they have shops with seeds in them.  Be careful not to overpay ;)

Quick question, where else do you buy seeds for cheaper then right from SW itself?  I heard the Marketplace above, but can someone explain how (or again) it works?  Thanks!

Happy is there a section on here talking about the seeds?  Can I have the link to read up on them.  Its my first time I am doing them.  Thanks!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 11:31 AM »

I think for now I am just gonna sit back and watch the MasterFlame figure it all out  ;)

Then, he can teach me   :rofl1:

I might just be in the same mindset as Fish.i though: use the tables as furnish!

Thanks for all the updates Happy and Flame.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 11:45 AM »

It's really something you have to 'get'.  Trading up items for different/better items is something I've done before in games...so nothing new for me.  I'm really personally looking forward to new furnish and stuff not sold in game.  These might be good items to sell for a decent profit on game to make money...which I need.  LOL.

The tables do look great by themselves.  I think it's AWESOME that SW is allowing people to use other peoples tables.  You wouldn't see that in other games, I don't think.

What does concern me is the XP cap.  By the time you get to the end of the 2nd table, it's really only making like 2 items a day...and you're done!  Can't imagine what it's like with the 3rd and last tables (haven't bought those yet).  I do know that leveling is already starting to slow down.  This is good and bad.  It's nice to gain levels quickly.  At the same time, if I have to plant a bunch of seeds to acquire more seeds to level up soon, I will have some extra time to do that.  Whatever.  I'm trying to plan ahead.  Right now, Flames Flower Factory is in FULL production mode.   LOL.  I didn't have to beef up on many seeds, so it's going fairly smoothly.  It's now just a matter of keeping track of what needs watered when.  Don't want any dead plants.  LOL.  Been a fair amount of time since I planted plants to get seeds.  :shy:  I AM pretty PO'ed at the lowering of the max Farming XP...

I think for now I am just gonna sit back and watch the MasterFlame figure it all out  ;)

Then, he can teach me   :rofl1:

I might just be in the same mindset as Fish.i though: use the tables as furnish!

Thanks for all the updates Happy and Flame.

.it
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up