VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/14/2010 Crafting is Here!  (Read 14212 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/14/2010 Crafting is Here!
« on: October 13, 2010, 06:19 PM »

http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2010/10/14/crafting/
Crafting is Here!
October 14, 2010 10:30 AM

Hello citizens.  Remember that interesting-looking table that Kent managed to get a picture of recently? Well today I can tell you about something really exciting. We've introduced a whole new XP path into SmallWorlds, and the Crafting Tables will give you the ability to make brand-new items!

What is Crafting?

We've got four Crafting Tables available at our amazing new store - World of Smallcraft.  All the tables allow you to craft different items, and all require different XP levels to be able to use them.

Using each crafting table you can create brand-new items using things that are already in your inventory. You can check which items you can craft by clicking on your Crafting Table once it's in your own space and browsing the list of craftable items.

How Do I Craft?

Often you combine two or more ingredients to make the new item. Clicking on a crafting table will show you all the items you can craft using that particular table. Each table has different (and more exciting) items you'll be able to craft as you work your way up the Crafting XP path.

* All items you use during the crafting process will be removed from your inventory.

* The new item will then be added to your inventory.

* To craft a new item, you must have the right level of Crafting XP, and have enough of the required items in your inventory.

For example, the very first item you can create on the Learners Crafting Table is a Party Popper.  You simply combine together two harvested flowers from the Azure Trumpet plant using the Learners Table and you'll create your first batch of 8 Party Poppers! You'll also earn your first XP points.

Can I Only Craft Magic?

Let me assure you that the new magic spells are just the beginning of what you will be able to craft.

The SmallWorlds team have big plans for Crafting.  As I said above, we're planning to release new items that you can create with your Crafting Tables at least every two to three weeks.

The next items you'll be able to make will be furniture items - and it's only a couple of weeks away!

Want to Get Started?

Are you keen to get Crafting right away? Visit the World of Smallcraft store to pick up your first Table!  Here are the four tables:

Table One: The Learner Crafting Table

You'll need the first Table to start with - it's your 'practice table'. You can't make any of the new spells on the first Table, but practicing with existing spells will raise your XP levels.

A lot of the magic you create on this Table will come in useful when you move up to the next table.

Table Two: Basic Crafting Kit

Once you've reached XP Level 30, you can move up to the second Table - and start making the exciting new spells!

My favorite new spell on this Table would have to be the Rage Zombie Head Scroll.

Although zooming around very quickly after a can of Large Energy Drink is also a lot of fun!

Table Three: Intermediate Crafting Table

When you've progressed to XP Level 60, you can start making the spells on Table Three.

There are only three spells available for crafting on this table to start with.  But new items will be added over the coming weeks - furniture and decor items especially!

I hope you enjoy the three new spells on this Table. The team have all been having such fun testing them!  All three give an amazing effect.

I think my favorite spell on this table is the Crazy Dance Spell.  But I don't want to spoil too many surprises, so I'm only showing you one of them here - the Vine Trap. Doesn't it look hilarious!

Table Four: Advanced Crafting Table

You'll need to be Level 100 to start using this Table, and I can tell you it's well worth the effort.  There's currently only one spell available on this Table, but there will be more coming soon.

The very finest items will be crafted on this Table and I'm sure you'll want to get your Crafting XP up, especially when you see the range of items that will be added to this Table in the near future.

Buying and Selling Crafted Items

You can use the Item Marketplace to buy and sell your crafted items. And remember, the quicker you get your levels up, the sooner you'll be able to craft some of the more advanced items; and the higher the price you'll potentially get from selling those items in the Marketplace. Crafting could soon become a very profitable activity for you!

What's Next?

I love the new magic spells, and I simply can't wait to see what I'll be able to make next using the Crafting Tables. Remember, there will be new Craftable items released regularly from now on, so there will be even more things to look forward to in SmallWorlds!

~ Honesty Blaize

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:57 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 10/14/2010 Crafting is Here!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:25 PM »

OMG!  :ahh: This sounds so amazing!  Thanks Happy!  Can't wait to get started :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:30 PM »

Looks like we can turn our seeds in to magic spells.
Or seeds  and magic in to more magic spells.
I bought one of the "learning tables",
Maxed out at level 15 or 16.

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:35 PM »

Cool.  The first 2 tables are gold or tokens, the last 2 tables are gold ONLY.

The store was mobbed (shock).  They also had items in the store that you can craft with.  Very cool.

Going to start playing with the starter table :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:44 PM »

This is really cool!  So cool I even took the time to post the pics right away.   :laugh2:

The store is beautiful too.  I noticed some blue butterflies outside in the garden area of the store. 
The were not for sale though.  Will have to spend more time looking around.

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 06:48 PM »

This is really cool!  So cool I even took the time to post the pics right away.   :laugh2:

The store is beautiful too.  I noticed some blue butterflies outside in the garden area of the store. 
The were not for sale though.  Will have to spend more time looking around.

LOL.  This is fun!  My XP maxed out around the middle of level 16.  So there's definitely a cap on max XP you can earn per day...which is a bummer, but whatever.

I did notice those blue butterflies!  I so wanted to buy one!  :(  LOL.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 08:05 PM »

Adding a few photos of SmallCraft:

Entrance:

Gardens:

Sales Floor: (Note guest books have FAQ's)

Greenhouse Area:

Tip: Also note the instance # in the first pic, next to the room name/spanner.  Clicking it allows players to select an instance.  Handy for meeting up w. friends----or going to a quieter instance.  

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 08:33 PM »

Tip: Also note the instance # in the first pic, next to the room name/spanner.  Clicking it allows players to select an instance.  Handy for meeting up w. friends----or going to a quieter instance.  [/color]

OOO....forgot about the fan/turbines shown in the first pic! 

Thanks for the tip!  I use that instance feature aLOT in SW.  LOL.  I prefer 'quieter rooms' ;)

ETA:  the max XP per day is 1,000.  Just an FYI ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:53 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 06:37 AM »

This is soooo neat!  I'm a day behind already I can tell.  oh bummer.

But, there is also yellow butterflies.  I really like them, wish we could buy them.  Especially the blue ones. 

Hugs and thanks for the updates/pics Happy   :hug:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 01:19 PM »

I love it!  So innovative!
A player told me if you point, then say Here Butterfly and click the ground (might need a few times) they will  appear like they are on your hand.  

Also heard you can use another players crafting tables.  Mine are in my Happy's Backyard room---if anyone wants to test it.  Could be handy as the 2 upper level tables are gold only.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:21 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 01:33 PM »

WOAH!  Thanks for the info, Happy!  I'm having fun with this, too.  I hit a wall last night, though (as I'm sure most people did) when I started going beyond level 16.  I needed Coral Plants.  I only had a couple.  So I started looking around shops to buy seeds (as were a LOAD of other people apparently, ROFL).  They were all sold out.  I checked the Item Marketplace, and everyone wanted gold for the seeds...and aLOT of gold at that!  So I just bought the seeds as I was doing the planting process, and they were 60 tokens a piece.  They will hopefully mature before the day is out so I'm not a day behind.  I'm sure I'm behind on a bunch of other seeds, too.  I only mass-produced the plants that 'light up' (if you've ever been to my Quattro room, you'd know why ;)  ).  So hopefully I won't hit anymore hiccups for awhile.  LOL.

I need to get me a butterfly!  ;)

I love it!  So innovative!
A player told me if you point, then say Here Butterfly and click the ground (might need a few times) they will  appear like they are on your hand. 

Also heard you can use another players crafting tables.  Mine are in my Happy's Backyard room---if anyone wants to test it.  Could be handy as the 2 upper level tables are gold only.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:36 PM by flamanar »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 02:23 PM »

I also confirmed farming and crafting has a cap of 1000xp (each) per day.

I must confess, I learned how to use the Item Market Place last night...as a seller it removes the fee when you place the item for sale.  Prices also seem to go up and down quite a bit. 

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 02:28 PM »

Wow!  So Farming is reduced to 1000xp/day again?  Omg...

Item Market Place.  I've used it a couple of times.  People seem to ask ridiculous prices for things on there.  I haven't really found any 'good' deals by using it...maybe I just haven't looked enough.  I tried selling some seeds on there and it charged a fee.  Not sure about the fee being removed when it's placed for sale.  That was when I was charged.  I think it was 5 gold.  :??:

I also confirmed farming and crafting has a cap of 1000xp (each) per day.

I must confess, I learned how to use the Item Market Place last night...as a seller it removes the fee when you place the item for sale.  Prices also seem to go up and down quite a bit. 

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 02:49 PM »

I love it!  So innovative!
A player told me if you point, then say Here Butterfly and click the ground (might need a few times) they will  appear like they are on your hand.  

I found out you had to buy the small one (Learning Table) before getting table one, but am glad you can use other peoples tables for the items because how else would I get the gold tables for my Mom and me?

I don't like that we have to use our plants, that we worked so hard to grow, in the spells because you can buy the stuff in the stores and once its gone its gone.  Like the first seed bag (not mixed with anything) gives you 8 poppers, but you use the poppers up and then what do you have?  I think it should of just stuck with the stuff in the stores cause whats next, do we have to use rare items or gold items to craft later on?  :td:

Ah well, I guess it is something to do with our time in SW.  LOL!  :lolg:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

P.S. I LOVE the yellow and blue butterflies too.  More colors would be great and I wish we could buy them.  Maybe it is something we create with a table?  I hope not though.  :(
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 05:32 PM »

I tried crafting - did poppers, whoopie and cream pie - somehow that seems like a ummm....weird combination. then quit because i did not have whatever was needed after that i think. that was last night.

tonight i went to enter game...had some problems, re-entered...had trouble with harvest plants - re-entered again to do that; and checked who was on. had problem there with the loading of friends who were on...so i left it for the night - much too frustrated with SW in trying to load there tonight.

I agree with Krazy , not wild about using up all those seeds on stuff that just disappears.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 05:56 PM »

The idea is to build up your levels with the basic stuff to get to the special usable items and spells, also new furnish.  The starter table is to learn with.  The new stuff starts when you get to the next table ;)  Seeds are needed.  I'm planting a boatload of stuff that I'm kinda low on.  I went through the stuff that I hadn't crafted yet to see what seeds they needed and planted accordingly.  My room is now................critical mass.  LOL.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 07:18 PM »

how else would I get the gold tables

THis might help some of you that are just getting started or restarted in SW.  These links to a Chronicle help page and thread in the official forum (one of many) that detail ways to earn gold.  Much as I don't love it, gold is a part of SmallWorlds.  It is the way they fund the expenses and grow the game.

http://www.smallworlds.com/?target=/2009/08/06/how-do-i-earn-tokens-or-gold/
http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=168032

Crafting doesn't have to be for everyone.  Some may love crafting, some may love drawing, some may love the arena games, some may dislike it all.  I see a lot of diversification in the game.  So many activities, so little time. 

had problem there with the loading of friend

Early this evening I experienced some connection issues. There was a thread in the Tech issues forum.  The common bond of the few players that posted there ---same ISP. Once nice thing about it, there was a Mod checking and asking those having issues for info, so they could research it. 

BitBehindWench

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 08:17 PM »

I think it's like Happy says.  Not everything is for everyone.  I tried crafting, but I really don't get it.  It's like using stuff to make stuff to end up using that crafted stuff for more  stuff....and so on and as Flame said, the last two tables are gold ONLY so don't think I will be putting much time into crafting. Do you know if that magic you create is reusable or if once used it's gone? If it's not reusable, it will be just a vicious cycle. I did buy a little starter table.  It's cute. It does look neat in my room.  I guess as a furniture it's woot for me!  Also, it's nice that they are creating new things.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 09:26 PM »

As I understand it from reading the official forums---a player can use a friends crafting table.
A quick look at the official forums already shows players have created crafting centers for all.

Not sure it the magic is single use or not. I clicked on all 4 crafting tables.  They show the "recipes".   In my eyes the crafting process appears to be a "trading up process"  Trade in you low level seeds and low priced magic--->get higher priced magic---->trade in your higher priced magic and higher level seeds and get magic not sold in SW owned stores.

One feature of crafting that needs to be seen is the mention of crafting of other items.

Quote from the blog:

There are only three spells available for crafting on this table to start with.  But new items will be added over the coming weeks - furniture and decor items especially!

BitBehindWench

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 10:07 PM »

Thanks Happy.  I will keep an eye to see how this crafting thing develops.  For now, I stopped at Level 3 bc of lack of Azure Trumpet seeds and there were none for sale at the Item Merchandise.   :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 10:25 PM »

Thanks Happy.  I will keep an eye to see how this crafting thing develops.  For now, I stopped at Level 3 bc of lack of Azure Trumpet seeds and there were none for sale at the Item Merchandise.   :rofl1:

I have extra, but you can also purchase seeds right from SW when you go to sow them in the pot.  Take an empty pot and click on it.  Then click the seed bag in the bottom left corner of the window.  The view defaults to the seed selection from SW ('Buy Plants').  Many are tokens and cheap :)  If you wanna do more crafting, I think I have spares ;)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06 AM »

I have extra, but you can also purchase seeds right from SW when you go to sow them in the pot.  Take an empty pot and click on it.  Then click the seed bag in the bottom left corner of the window.  The view defaults to the seed selection from SW ('Buy Plants').  Many are tokens and cheap :)  If you wanna do more crafting, I think I have spares ;)

Quick question, where else do you buy seeds for cheaper then right from SW itself?  I heard the Marketplace above, but can someone explain how (or again) it works?  Thanks!

Happy is there a section on here talking about the seeds?  Can I have the link to read up on them.  Its my first time I am doing them.  Thanks!

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 11:12 AM »

I can answer your first question.  Item Marketplace is accessible by opening your inventory, then clicking the orange button in the top right that says 'item marketplace'.  That brings up another area where you can scroll through a list of items to see if what you're looking for is being sold by anyone.  You can choose to look for items being sold for gold (blech) or by tokens (yay).  Be careful.  I've overpaid twice on the marketplace.

Another option is to visit the SW forums.  There are more people posting now that they have shops with seeds in them.  Be careful not to overpay ;)

Quick question, where else do you buy seeds for cheaper then right from SW itself?  I heard the Marketplace above, but can someone explain how (or again) it works?  Thanks!

Happy is there a section on here talking about the seeds?  Can I have the link to read up on them.  Its my first time I am doing them.  Thanks!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 11:31 AM »

I think for now I am just gonna sit back and watch the MasterFlame figure it all out  ;)

Then, he can teach me   :rofl1:

I might just be in the same mindset as Fish.i though: use the tables as furnish!

Thanks for all the updates Happy and Flame.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 11:45 AM »

It's really something you have to 'get'.  Trading up items for different/better items is something I've done before in games...so nothing new for me.  I'm really personally looking forward to new furnish and stuff not sold in game.  These might be good items to sell for a decent profit on game to make money...which I need.  LOL.

The tables do look great by themselves.  I think it's AWESOME that SW is allowing people to use other peoples tables.  You wouldn't see that in other games, I don't think.

What does concern me is the XP cap.  By the time you get to the end of the 2nd table, it's really only making like 2 items a day...and you're done!  Can't imagine what it's like with the 3rd and last tables (haven't bought those yet).  I do know that leveling is already starting to slow down.  This is good and bad.  It's nice to gain levels quickly.  At the same time, if I have to plant a bunch of seeds to acquire more seeds to level up soon, I will have some extra time to do that.  Whatever.  I'm trying to plan ahead.  Right now, Flames Flower Factory is in FULL production mode.   LOL.  I didn't have to beef up on many seeds, so it's going fairly smoothly.  It's now just a matter of keeping track of what needs watered when.  Don't want any dead plants.  LOL.  Been a fair amount of time since I planted plants to get seeds.  :shy:  I AM pretty PO'ed at the lowering of the max Farming XP...

I think for now I am just gonna sit back and watch the MasterFlame figure it all out  ;)

Then, he can teach me   :rofl1:

I might just be in the same mindset as Fish.i though: use the tables as furnish!

Thanks for all the updates Happy and Flame.

.it
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up