VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pet Training?  (Read 7556 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Pet Training?
« on: September 28, 2010, 02:28 PM »

How do you train your pets in Smallworlds?

Or is it a member only

Thanks!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Pet Training?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:45 PM »

It's kinda easy, but a little hard to explain.  No need to be a member.  I'll see if I can't find a link to an explanation on the SW forums...if Happy doesn't answer ya first ;)

All commands start with typing /pet, then the command (like 'stay').  so '/pet stay'.  To see what your pet has already learned, just type /pet.

You can also purchase advanced tricks (no training necessary) by using the points that you build up by taking car of your pet.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44 PM »

It's kinda easy, but a little hard to explain.  No need to be a member.  I'll see if I can't find a link to an explanation on the SW forums...if Happy doesn't answer ya first ;)

All commands start with typing /pet, then the command (like 'stay').  so '/pet stay'.  To see what your pet has already learned, just type /pet.

You can also purchase advanced tricks (no training necessary) by using the points that you build up by taking car of your pet.

thanks!  I did finally get this to work for me....once I figured out to say the actual word "pet" instead of my pet's name!  :doh: 

And I found that she knew more than I thought when I used the "/pet" to get the list.  I also bought with the points "salsa" and "mambo" - woot!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 04:54 PM »

Yay!  A dancing pet.  Way to go ;)

Here's a link for ya:

http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=76&highlight=pet+train

Enjoy ;)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 02:12 PM »

Here is a list of the tricks your pet can learn:

follow, here, stay, move, beg, spin, jump, chase tail, side jump, shake jump, circle jump and jump and spin

The key to learning more tricks is to pat your pet and practice the ones the pet has mastered.

The 8 pet dances come from the pet points for caring for your pet---and they are are oh so cute. 

Tip about pet dances:  If you are going to be away for a week, spend your accumulated pet points before going.  Pets should not lose known dances or tricks---but I have an avatar on my carousel that I do not play much and his pet points slowly returned to 0.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 02:26 PM »

Good reminder there, Happy.  I just read the other day about the pet points gradually going away if you leave your pet alone for days at a time.

Nice list, too.  I wish we could do other things with the points.  I have a couple pets with over 50 points accumulated...and they already have all the dances.   :hmm:

follow, here, stay, move, beg, spin, jump, chase tail, side jump, shake jump, circle jump and jump and spin

The key to learning more tricks is to pat your pet and practice the ones the pet has mastered.

The 8 pet dances come from the pet points for caring for your pet---and they are are oh so cute. 

Tip about pet dances:  If you are going to be away for a week, spend your accumulated pet points before going.  Pets should not lose known dances or tricks---but I have an avatar on my carousel that I do not play much and his pet points slowly returned to 0.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 02:37 PM »

Same here with extra points.   In the last release they added  new tier of plants (alien bloom, searing hybrid, morning violet, etc) ---Hopefully we will see some additional pet features in the future.

Also adds, at this time the old difference between VIP and non VIP pets:
Non VIP pets remain in your home space. VIP pets can travel around with your avatar.
All pets can learn the same tricks and dances.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:39 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 04:45 PM »

True.  Love the new plants.

Even though I'm VIP, I never take my pet with me anywhere.  Seems to me that it generates more lag for me.  Not sure if it's just in my head or really adding lag...but I would assume any extra animation/motion on the screen would increase lag.   :hmmmm:

Same here with extra points.   In the last release they added  new tier of plants (alien bloom, searing hybrid, morning violet, etc) ---Hopefully we will see some additional pet features in the future.

Also adds, at this time the old difference between VIP and non VIP pets:
Non VIP pets remain in your home space. VIP pets can travel around with your avatar.
All pets can learn the same tricks and dances.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 09:07 AM »

Yes, I found out about losing pet points the hard way.  :doh:  :cry:

Anyway, I just thought I would add that you can also type /pet pat to pet your pet if you don't want to click on it and push the pat button.

Sorry, just thought I would throw that in there too.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^
Pages: [1]   Go Up