VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xeko closing temporarily - but...  (Read 19657 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Xeko closing temporarily - but...
« on: September 28, 2010, 01:17 PM »

Copied below from their main page: (however, I did not notice any planned re-opening date

"It is with great sadness that Xeko is announcing we are closing the site temporarily as of Thursday Sept 30th. We have grown as a community over the past two years and have worked hard to do a lot of good in the world.

The decision to temporarily close the site is no reflection of the work that has been done here. Xeko has made this decision in order to take some time to revamp the site and return with an even greater virtual world.  For those that have been loyal to Xeko, we thank you for the love and support that you have shown as it has been a labor of love to deliver a virtual world that allowed so many to change the world from their computers.

Below is a recap of some of the good Xeko has accomplished!

•     Built eight homes for eight families in Honduras

•     Repaired six boats to protect sharks and other wildlife from poachers with WildAid

•     Planted 2,000 trees in Niger with Plant-It 2020

•     Helping scientists track polar bear migration in the Arctic with Polar Bear International

•     Adopted one panda from an earthquake-affected area in China with Pandas International

•     Sent a chronically ill child and their family to Disney with Bert’s Big Adventure

•     Donated computers for children at Nationwide Children’s Hospital

•     Purchased 10 camera traps for scientists to track tigers in China with WildAid

•     Donated life like vines to emulate a Lemur’s natural habitat with the Lemur Conservation Foundation

Please continue to discover ways in your community to get involved and do good. YOU do have the power to change the world and I hope that Xeko has shown you how great it feels to do good for others.
 Keep Doing Good!

"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:18 PM by funfly »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
Re: Xeko closing temporarily - but...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:22 PM »

another update from their main page today:

"Party at Midnight!
September 29th, 2010
Xeko, on Sept 30th as you know the island will be closing temporarily, the reopen date has not been determined.  We want to end this session of Xeko by having fun.  Join us at midnight EST to have fun for this last hour. The staff will be there to have a rock’n good time! See you all there 
"

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:31 PM »

Aww, I just saw this post now, but wonder if they do open again if we get our old stuff back.  I doubt they will reopen though cause the same thing has happened to me at another website.  They make promises that they will reopen and then never do.  I guess we will just wait and see.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:31 PM »

Aww, I just saw this post now, but wonder if they do open again if we get our old stuff back.  I doubt they will reopen though cause the same thing has happened to me at another website.  They make promises that they will reopen and then never do.  I guess we will just wait and see.

I kinda wonder too if they'll re-open. I'm thinking they probably won't; so if they do re-open it will be a nice surprise. Easier to go with the thought of it that way to avoid further disappointment.  So I'm with you on guess we will wait and see...but not holding my breath

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:03 AM »

Just curious, but its been a year now and I haven't heard anymore about Elf Island opening up.  Has anyone found any info or does no one even care now?

I found this info while looking up there name: http://www.betterverse.org/2010/06/xekocom-and-audubon-aquarium-use-virtual-world-to-help-sea-turtles-in-the-gulf.html  Its about the Sea Turtle Quest they had last year.  I even found a Facebook page on them.  LOL!

I guess all our Elf Island things are gone and I didn't even get a picture of my stuff in there.  :cry:

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^
Pages: [1]   Go Up