VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pics from tonights Ball  (Read 13056 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Pics from tonights Ball
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:22 PM »

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I got some pics from tonights Ball.  There was tons of lag, and it was nearly impossible to follow people to another instance.  I did end up in a room with alot of friends, so naturally...I got my camera out ;)  Here's what I got:

The banner when you first went to the Ball:

One of the bugs during the Ball...a head in the grass:

Kent found his way to our instance, and danced it up:

Coco also found her way to our instance:

Another pic of Coco:

Another bug.  A girl sunk in the furnish:

Last pic.  Krazy showed off with a pumpkin head...I caught her just after she took it off, unfortunately.  She was the 'naked Ichabod Crane'  :roflmao: :

A fun time, for sure :)

Mods feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place ;)  Thanks! :)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
Re: Pics from tonights Ball
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 01:15 AM »

Kent found his way to our instance, and danced it up:

Coco also found her way to our instance:

Another pic of Coco:

Last pic.  Krazy showed off with a pumpkin head...I caught her just after she took it off, unfortunately.  She was the 'naked Ichabod Crane'  :roflmao:

Aww sorry Flame, I didn't know you were taking a pic.  :(  I went to Mysterio's later to get the masks and when I put the grey wrestler mask on I looked really mean.  LOL!

Glad you got a pic of Coco and Kent though.  It stinks I froze up so badly, but at least I get to see them in pictures here.  Woot!

I am glad I stopped in to see you and Tear because I had no idea about the ball.  It was great fun and now if I can only get my clothes back from Cloud the coat check girl.  ROTFLMAO!  :roflmao:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 05:31 AM »

How come a staff person (Coco) is only at Citizen Level 1?

Just curious about that....there may not be answer.

Sorry I missed the Ball, was doing real life things and taking care of some long over due stuff on VFK (my inventory is a MESS).

.it  :coffee2:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:22 PM by Flamanette »

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:13 AM »

ROFL Krazy she probably has your clothes up for sale on Ebay...  :laugh2:  Glad you stopped by, too!

.It, it was really hard to follow anybody.  I'm shocked that Krazy was able to get back to my room.  She was streaking all over the place.  ROFL.  My stomach still hurts from laughing.  :roflmao: 

Then again, it really lightened up after midnight, I think.  Instances 8-23 disappeared.  Initially there were over 500 ppl in different instances.  When I went on later, it was under 200.  So it did lighten up alot, and lag got less.  When I first got there, it took forever to load.  Forget typing anything LOL.  It would have been nice to see you there, though :)  I did have the most fun at a 'virtual ball' that I can remember ever having!  Although it helped that I found a room of friends.  I doubt the experience would have been the same in a couple other instances I visited...  :notme:

I think they'll start to have more of these, so next time :)

I gotta also say that SW seem very proactive with what was going on with the event.  Initially I think they let 20 people into each instance.  Then they lowered (from what I heard) to 10 people per instance.  Then back up to 15 once instances 8-23 disappeared.  I do know that there was a point where all of a sudden a HUGE amount of lag went away, and I could respond better to people.  I did also manage to run into a developer there and ask some questions...which was kewl :) 

Citizen levels:  Dunno about that.  I do know that the developer had like 150 CL (if I remember correctly).  He said that was what he was 'assigned' when he joined (which was before the game actually started).  He said he wasn't sure why that was.  So it looks like they all have different CL...no real rhyme or reason for what level they have.  ;)

FYI:  please everyone be aware that this thing runs until 7pm EST tonight, too (yup...it's open for 24 hours)!  So we can still go there :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:17 AM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:14 PM »

I went, looked around, walked the hedge maze and then left.  Mostly because I couldn't follow any of my friends to the same "instance"   :'(

The group instance that I kept ending up with was....well, let's say they weren't very polite, so I had no incentive to stay.  I never did go buy a mask.   :doh: :P

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 03:17 PM »

Thanks for posting some pics.

At one point over 500 people were at the event.  I'd bet they hit a record as to the number of instances that had open for a single room.  The space was beautiful.  The maze had a navigate command.  The bartenders  & coat check had interactions too.  It was a huge room (grand hall) packed with items.  

Lag was a factor. I know some of the members here had issues with it.  SW did make efforts to reduce lag during the event by cutting the # allowed in an instance until the crowds dies down a bit.   I read in the forums that the room contest for Dan's birthday is for his limited access (invite only) pre-party.  Hopefully they are taking the steps needed so all can enjoy a less laggy event.  

I agree being in an instance with friends does make a big difference.  The first instance I was in had one whiner---finally she left.  Then I was able to get in an instance with people I knew a bit better for a bit.

Just having a bit of a real life detour.   I'll have to add my pics soon.  

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:24 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 05:25 PM »

Pics Pics Pics!  I'd love to see more pics :)  Bummer we all couldn't get together.  Next time, maybe ;)

Thanks for posting some pics.

At one point over 500 people were at the event.  I'd bet they hit a record as to the number of instances that had open for a single room.  The space was beautiful.  The maze had a navigate command.  The bartenders  & coat check had interactions too.  It was a huge room (grand hall) packed with items.  

Lag was a factor. I know some of the members here had issues with it.  SW did make efforts to reduce lag during the event by cutting the # allowed in an instance until the crowds dies down a bit.   I read in the forums that the room contest for Dan's birthday is for his limited access (invite only) pre-party.  Hopefully they are taking the steps needed so all can enjoy a less laggy event.  

I agree being in an instance with friends does make a big difference.  The first instance I was in had one whiner---finally she left.  Then I was able to get in an instance with people I knew a bit better for a bit.

Just having a bit of a real life detour.   I'll have to add my pics soon.  

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 08:49 PM »

Honesty in the pink gown:

Kent in the wrestler mask:

Mitch with no mask: 

Until someone in the room asked him about it.   :lolg:

Coco in the green gown:

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03 AM »

Awesome pics, Happy!  Thanks for sharing!  :)

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 04:09 PM »

Just wanted to say that the room was very nicely done. The interactions and maze were fun.
Would have been nice if they served food and drinks.  :drinkingtoast2: :icecream: :pizza: LOL!

princess tried to get in an instance with friends but couldn't. She eventually gave up cause it wasn't much fun without
being with people she knew. There was alot of lag and it was difficult to follow and read what people were saying.
So glad many of you had fun!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 05:34 PM »

Just wanted to say that the room was very nicely done. The interactions and maze were fun.
Would have been nice if they served food and drinks.  :drinkingtoast2: :icecream: :pizza: LOL!

princess tried to get in an instance with friends but couldn't. She eventually gave up cause it wasn't much fun without
being with people she knew. There was alot of lag and it was difficult to follow and read what people were saying.
So glad many of you had fun!

Aww.  I don't have you guys on my friends list there.  If you let me know your titles there, I'll add ya both ;)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 02:58 PM »

Just catching up a bit: 
This post contains a lot of our titles:
http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=2341.0

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 05:13 PM »

Thanks for the list, Happy!  I picked a couple off there who have been on game fairly recently ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up