VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/16 Host hunt (over)  (Read 2149 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
9/16 Host hunt (over)
« on: September 16, 2010, 11:02 AM »

Host hunt?  What the...?

No idea when it started.

Ended around 2:15pm EST.  Why are they holding these hunts when everyone is either at school or at work?  This rates a ONE on the Flame-o-meter.  And only because I'm waiting for the new model with negative numbers on it.  :mad:

Found out that it started around 11:50am EST.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:24 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 9/16 Host hunt (over)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:39 PM »

eh I'm okay with the time.  Had I been around... less competition for sure (I would assume anyway).   ;)   I have the towel already, so it's okay that I missed out.  Assuming it was the same prize, since I think there hasn't been many hunts for it?

I think it's nice that VFK changes it up a bit.  Puts Host Events during the morning/daytime hours, instead of ALWAYS in the evening.  I also like that events are not always during the weekend when I'm busy a lot too.  And some things are during the week.

I'm crazy busy with my kids in the evenings, with Football and Cub Scouts and other school activities -- like homework, fund raisers, etc.  The list goes on.  For me during the school year, sometimes the only time I have for a little play time is morning/early afternoon while the kids are in school.   :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 03:22 PM »

The problem is that this is only the second hunt for this prize...and both hunts were held in the morning/afternoon hours.  So people who have school or work have had NO opportunities to get this prize.  I have no problem with them mixing it up...but...um...95%+ of the players are still waiting to get this prize...while a certain few are probably having problems finding enough space to store these by now... :sos:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:07 PM »

...while a certain few are probably having problems finding enough space to store these by now... :sos:

sadly, true.  ^^^  I don't even want to know.   :uhuh2:

But, if I was one to bet -- I would bet that there will be plenty more hunts for this towel.  Just look at the prior 2 "Limited Edition".  They weren't so limited, now were they?   :laugh2:

idk, I would probably be ticked off if I didn't have one of these towels yet, don't get me wrong.  But just based on events passed with these towels.... they will be around for a while longer.   Not to worry, more than likely.   :hug:

I can't complain about the time, cause I like it personally.  But the same can be said I suppose for the "normal" run of host events.  They usually are in the evening.  Usually during a most inconvenient time for me -- like dinner time!  blah  Therefore, I have missed out on plenty too.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:21 PM »

If you knew, you'd be sick.  lol

There will probably be more hunts for this 'limited edition'.  Although while some things are predictable with VFK, none of what they have historically done can be carved in wood.  If it weren't so long since the last hunt for this towel, I think I wouldn't be grousing as much.

Dinner time for us, too.  We just eat late...or rotate eating ;)  LOL :)

:bighug:
...while a certain few are probably having problems finding enough space to store these by now... :sos:

sadly, true.  ^^^  I don't even want to know.   :uhuh2:

But, if I was one to bet -- I would bet that there will be plenty more hunts for this towel.  Just look at the prior 2 "Limited Edition".  They weren't so limited, now were they?   :laugh2:

idk, I would probably be ticked off if I didn't have one of these towels yet, don't get me wrong.  But just based on events passed with these towels.... they will be around for a while longer.   Not to worry, more than likely.   :hug:

I can't complain about the time, cause I like it personally.  But the same can be said I suppose for the "normal" run of host events.  They usually are in the evening.  Usually during a most inconvenient time for me -- like dinner time!  blah  Therefore, I have missed out on plenty too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up