VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 8/10 Sandcastle competition/participation awards distributed  (Read 6217 times)

Mermaid Melusina

Re: 8/10 Sandcastle competition/participation awards distributed
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 12:09 PM »

The past has shown us that WHEN VFK communicates with us...they usually leave out important details, give confusing or conflicting information, or just plain muddy up the waters.  If they haven't changed in 2+ years, it ain't gonna start now.  If there's one thing that VFK has a reputation for, it's being UNclear.  The ironic thing about this is that it only takes minutes to change words on a webpage.  Yet instead of doing so, they end up heaping an IMMENSE amount of extra work on their in-game staff...who are bombarded with questions, chastised, etc. whenever they're seen.  IT CONTINUES TO MAKE NO SENSE TO ME WHY THEY DON'T WORD THINGS CLEARLY NOR COMPLETELY...WHEN THEY DO COMMUNICATE WITH US!!

I'm really sorry the judges didn't get what was supposed to be coming to them.  Yet another reason why VFK contests are not that interesting to Flame anymore.  VFK takes the simple things, makes them complicated...then proceeds to try to bandaid them up or fix them the wrong way.  :td:

If they have no problems communicating every month for membership payment, they should have no problems communicating with the players.  I am not vague or unclear when I pay.  I know we have been playing for more than 2 years and we have loved VFK with all its ups and downs.  But, having bad communication in the past does not mean we will continue to accept it because it has always been that way.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13 PM »

If they have no problems communicating every month for membership payment, they should have no problems communicating with the players.  I am not vague or unclear when I pay.  I know we have been playing for more than 2 years and we have loved VFK with all its ups and downs.  But, having bad communication in the past does not mean we will continue to accept it because it has always been that way.

Nor should we be expected to accept it.  Nor does it give them an excuse to keep doing it.  2+ years and this crap STILL continues.  I give up trying to make sense of it.  All they're doing is hurting the players...not to mention their own ingame staff.  Oh...and tieing up their own phone line so that NOBODY can get through.  No sense.  None.  The wind left my sails after the last competition.

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 12:25 PM »

Along the lines of communication, I don't think it was fair that the Flames didn't get some prizes bc they had won race before.

This could have been all communicated before the race. They could have stated if same ppl win at races some of the prizes wouldn't be awarded again. They could have said that beforehand and let the players then decide if they wanted to participate or not for the few other things they could get.

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong Flame, but, Fish.i:  we DID get prizes, it was just THE SAME suit.  We got a second copy of the SAME outfit...and another milk bottle, and another mustache, ROFL.

It would have been nice if they could have change the suit, even slightly, for the second race.

.it  :coffee2:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 12:50 PM »

Oh Okay!  I understood wrong.  I thought you just didn't get them.  Well, in that case its not that bad :)  Few extra cool stuff is never a bad thing!  You did get what they said they would award.  Phew!

I think then that this goes along the lines of what Astro was trying to say about the BJ pins that they are keeping it the same.  Apparently the racing stuff too.  Maybe its all turning into a standard kind of prize for different events, different chances for ppl to win them, if not in this contest in the next one. And if same person wins, they just get the same pin or stuff. Like go for a full lanyard of BJ pins or in Flames case....a Milk Bar!!   :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 01:54 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong Flame, but, Fish.i:  we DID get prizes, it was just THE SAME suit.  We got a second copy of the SAME outfit...and another milk bottle, and another mustache, ROFL.

It would have been nice if they could have change the suit, even slightly, for the second race.

.it  :coffee2:
Incorrect.  We have only one suit and one mustache.  We got an extra milk bottle.  And the same trophy as last time, but with a big white 'M' on it. But we didn't get a new suit nor mustache, nor a second copy of either of those.

Since this is the case, I see no point at all in racing again if they're going to just give out the same suits.  We've proven that our first racing victories were not just 'dumb luck'.  We did it again.  No more proof needed...nor sleep lost.  lol
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:57 PM by flamanar »

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 02:45 PM »

That is what I thought Flame, that you didn't receive some of the prizes bc they were the same and you had won them before.  I have no idea why it works that way nor the logic behind it.  Seems like you were penalized for winning again.  I should just stop trying to make sense of a lot of things lately!   :??:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 02:53 PM »

That is what I thought Flame, that you didn't receive some of the prizes bc they were the same and you had won them before.  I have no idea why it works that way nor the logic behind it.  Seems like you were penalized for winning again.  I should just stop trying to make sense of a lot of things lately!   :??:
LOL Me too  :hmm:

(hugs) for Fish.i

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 07:51 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!  I stopped playing VFK for awhile because I was so mad about this!  When I judged the rooms last time (garden contest) there was prizes, Mom and I put our votes together so we could at least get one set of prizes and that was all we got was one set.  This time, when I was really, really sick, I checked many times to see if there was going to be prizes given out and when I kept seeing nothing posted I assumed there would be no items so Mom and I voted separately.  Now they give out prizes and all I got was the first pail and Mom got nothing.  I would of worked harder and pushed through the sickness if I knew we would get this cute little furniture and I even have a great spot to put it.  This just makes me so mad words can't describe it!

>:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{
>:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{  >:{

Sorry, but I don't think that was very fair and now I missed out on some great prizes.  Thanks alot VFK!  :madder:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up