VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edwards vs Keselowski etc.  (Read 6938 times)

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
Edwards vs Keselowski etc.
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:28 PM »

How do you folks feel about the continuing battle between these two (and other overly aggressive drivers too). Is it just part of Nascar's "take the gloves off boys" approach, or is it escalating beyond good sense? Has "Rubbing is racing" turned into "Wrecking is racing"? Does it have to continue until someone gets seriously injured or killed?

Seems to me the feud is getting out of hand when cars are being totaled including other cars that just happen to be in the wrong place at the time. There's a big difference between bumping someone out of the way and just flat putting them into the wall...My two cents (and probably not worth that much).
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
Re: Edwards vs Keselowski etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 04:19 PM »

I think it's getting out of hand. The bump the Keselowski gave Edwards last night was just a racing thing. Edwards went to far by wrecking him and other cars behind them.
I don't know how long it will continue, but I don't want to see someone get hurt over their feud.
  You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:15 PM »

I don't know how long it will continue, but I don't want to see someone get hurt over their feud.

That's sort of how I feel about it...I worry that it will end with someone getting hurt and many times the one who gets hurt isn't involved with the act, but just gets collected in the aftereffects.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:17 AM »

While many of us enjoy a good wreck,  we enjoy good racing even more. At around 200 mph these guys need to use their head.  I think often NASCAR is too vauge (sp) and try to figure it out later - sort of like making up the rules as they go along.  On top of the Danger, a lot of good cars get torn up for no reason and they are playing with other peoples lifes and money. 

I think they will look at it after this year unless someone is killed before then.  I understand rivalries but a little bump is different then intentionally wrecking, understandably everything does not always go as planned at those speeds but perhaps each incident should be reviewed by peers to determin if it crossed the line.  Whats the difference between driving while under the influence of a substance and driving stupit/Crazy?

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:03 PM »

a lot of good cars get torn up for no reason and they are playing with other peoples lifes and money. 

That's my take on the thing too. How many other cars are getting wrecked as "collateral damage" in these events just because they were in the wrong place to avoid the chaos and how long before someone gets seriously injured because someone else is carrying on a feud. I don't really care who is causing the problems (and it isn't just Keselowski or Edwards who have been doing this kind of stuff), but using a 3,000 pound plus race car to settle a disagreement is just asking for a tragic outcome down the line.

If NASCAR want's to "take the gloves off", fine...let them punch it out in the pits or garage area...man to man, not in their cars. Hell, sell tickets for the brawl of the week and they will make a bundle, but if they keep on like it's going now, it's only a matter of time until they have a very nasty incident that will cause more bad publicity than any one could imagine.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41 PM »

On the Brad and Carl saga....the man behind the curtain has spoken.  NASCAR has placed both on probation.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/official/07/21/cedwards.bkeselowski.penalties/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up