VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Webkinz anyone?  (Read 39697 times)

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
Re: Webkinz anyone?
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 07:45 AM »

Ls and Ts are about the same anyway... :notme:
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 01:20 PM »

I attways lhoughl lhal mysetf. Bul I mighl have been wrong. :rofl1:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

Totoro

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 07:51 PM »

I had been considering Webkinz for awhile but had been trying to avoid getting involved in another online game. But... after reading about it here and trusting that absolutely no B.S. occurs here :o, I decided to give it a try. Well, my two (former) Webkinz now belong to my daughter and one of my sons and I am waiting for mine to come in the mail.
It's taking too long - darn postal service! I can't wait to get started. Thanks guys. :thumbs:

poohbrlvr

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 05:34 PM »

How long have you guys been playing webkinz?
I read last night that your "pet" is good for 1 year and then you have to get a new one....is that true?  Anybody been playing for longer then a year?  That just seemed really lame to me...and of course now I can't remember where I read it.  I was actually looking up safety and information for Millsberry.com, which a friend of my daughter wants her to join, when I saw info for Club Penguin and Webkinz too.
Hate to go off topic...but anybody know anything about millsberry.com, while I'm at it!

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 08:30 PM »

I read last night that your "pet" is good for 1 year and then you have to get a new one....is that true?  Anybody been playing for longer then a year?  That just seemed really lame to me...and of course now I can't remember where I read it.  I was actually looking up safety and information for Millsberry.com, which a friend of my daughter wants her to join, when I saw info for Club Penguin and Webkinz too.
Hate to go off topic...but anybody know anything about millsberry.com, while I'm at it!

We've only been on a short time - and yes, a webkinz pet gets you one year from the date you 'adopted' (entered it on website)

(never heard of millsberry)

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 10:49 PM »

I really am not understanding the hours of operation.  It seems to close at 12ish EST which was confirmed by someone, however it says "Webkinz® World is temporarily unavailable!
We're working on making our website even better than before!" and on support page "Webkinz® World is currently down for daily maintenance!
We will be back up for more fun and games at 2:00 AM EST." it doesn't seem to reopen at 2AM like it says.  When can I expect it to reopen.

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 08:18 AM »

I really am not understanding the hours of operation.  It seems to close at 12ish EST which was confirmed by someone, however it says "Webkinz® World is temporarily unavailable!
We're working on making our website even better than before!" and on support page "Webkinz® World is currently down for daily maintenance!
We will be back up for more fun and games at 2:00 AM EST." it doesn't seem to reopen at 2AM like it says.  When can I expect it to reopen.

As far as I know it opens at 9am EST (of course this is 6am for me - and I try not to be up at that time ;) ) and closes at 12 EST (sometimes it is a few minutes after as it seems to kick people out in an alphabetical fashion...my daughter seems to be kicked out before me each time we have both been on.)  It always says that the it is 'unavailable' whenever it is closed.

On a side note... is anyone trying to figure out the new contest???  Are they really only going to give the prize to ONE person???

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Totoro

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 01:44 PM »

Does anyone have any tips for Hide N Skunk? Or better yet, an idiot's guide to playing? :crazy4: I can't figure it out. :blush:

Totoro

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 12:59 PM »

I read last night that your "pet" is good for 1 year and then you have to get a new one....is that true?
I was wondering this as well so I looked it up in the FAQ's.
Your pet is good forever, as long as you continue to get more pets. Fourteen days before one year is up, they will notify you. You can then get another pet to extend your account for another year. Your first pet and all his/her stuff will still be there in your account as long as you continue to adopt more pets.

It's really very inexpensive. Your first pet could be, let's say, $10. That gets you a one year membership. Almost a year later, buy another $10 pet and you'll get another year added to your account and now have two pets and all their stuff on one account. To me, it's one of the best gamesite deals on the internet.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Actually, this is what it says word for word per the Webkinz site.

"Before your account expires, you will be notified by KinzPost so you know to adopt a new pet. When your account does expire, you will have a grace period of 14 days, after which you will no longer be able to access your Webkinz account. Don't worry, though, your pet, items, rooms and KinzCash will be fine for a minimum of 30 days during which you can renew your account for another year by adopting a new Webkinz or Lil'Kinz pet. As soon as you adopt your new pet, you will automatically be able to play with all of your pets on your account.
Remember: If your account has expired, you must adopt your new pet through I’M A MEMBER. MY FIRST ADOPTION is for new members only.

If you pet has expired, you have a minimum of 30 days to renew your account. All of your KinzCash, items, rooms and pets will be waiting for you to play with again.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:05 PM by Totoro »

FlyingPegasus

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 03:02 PM »

Great news everybody!  I have been trying to figure out exactly what hours Webkinz is open for a while now.  :)

They finally posted this on the website! Good news is they are open later now:  :yes!:

We are happy to announce that we have moved our overnight maintenance routines from midnight KinzTime to 2 AM KinzTime. The move will give our West Coast members two additional prime time hours to play on the site, making Webkinz more fair and enjoyable. The site will be down from approximately 2 AM KinzTime to 4:30 AM KinzTime each night.
Note that our daily events – such as your Wheel of Wow spin - can not be replayed until after the maintenance is complete. So even though it may be “the next day” on the East Coast, you will need to wait until at least 4 am before you can do your next spin.

We hope that this move will make our important overnight routines less disruptive for all of our Webkinz members.

Fly  :hippie:

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 06:30 PM »

Hi,
  I guess I am bringing this topic back from lala land.  DD's got a few Webkinz for Christmas and now we have entered the world of Webkinz here.  Does anyone play it?  Overall, it is pretty cute and the girls love it.  I have been trying to earn them lots of points and fun things for their pets and rooms.  If anyone plays on it and wants to add me just let me know.
~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 12:29 AM »

Heya Dream. This is the only other game our kids really play besides VFK. They get Webkinz at Christmas or birthdays usually from Auntie or the grandparents. This year they got a few figures also. King and I even have accounts, although he would not admit to it here.  :lolg: I got an Orca whale for Christmas this year. (Keeps my account up to date so I can play with the kids now and then.) We don't play very consistently, but there are times now and then when the kids play more often. It is one of those games that is just kind of relaxing. I am PrincessWendyBird there, but I can't remember the kids titles at the moment. I'll have to pm you sometime next week when I am feeling back to normal and we can connect there. Hugs!  :bighug:

P.S. The great thing is you can get great deals on Webkinz now. Our Walgreens always has them 2/$7 for the little ones. It is nice because with each new pet you get some extra KinzCash.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 05:43 AM »

Yes I play everyday. Just go on for about 1/2 and hour a day just a little relxing game. Littlebelle02. I can blame Fly for my addiction. She kindly gave me a code to start off. Now I have 7 pets :)

What I found was the best way to stock up on credits.

1)do quizzies corner. You can answer questions till you are blue in the face.
2) Buy out door space
3)  Next buy seeds to plant a garden.  I believe strawberries is you best return. I did not know this when I bought seeds
4) do gardening every day
5) harvest when ready and sell back to webkinz.

I do not play any games now. Just the daily events. I get about a 1000 credits every 7 - 10 days just from gardening. Now I do have wall to wall plants and it does take me about 15 minutes to do gardening. But it is relaxful and fun to build cute rooms :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 07:20 AM »

It is nice to see others playing.  Thanks for the tips.  My sister in law gave me a long tutorial during Christmas.  I am "3ahe" there (my 3 girls initials).  I will send out friend requests. :)  I am not sure if we can meet up in there though.
~Dream 
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 07:05 PM »

I have one too.  happyguest 
She isn't on much as my niece does not play as often as she used to play. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 07:55 PM »

Okay, I gave in and picked up a Tiger today.  His name is Rajah and I'm signed up under my usual wdwdreamin.

A quick question--I bought an outdoor room and was disappointed to find it full of snow!  I was still able to plant seeds, but I get enough snow in real life.  Do the rooms go with the real seasons?  Or will I get to see green grass soon?
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2009, 09:34 PM »

In time you will see lawn.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up