VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Host Game DONE  (Read 5041 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Host Game DONE
« on: May 25, 2010, 05:16 PM »

Host Game Started

8:00 pm eastern time.....host tab

now you have to run down the football (scrolling) field - pick up a pizza...on your way back you stop part way and pick up a drink at the tiki stand....then run (or in my case with lag...crawl) back to the seat to be first to win the neon pizza sign.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:43 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Host Game On Now! Pizza run
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 05:59 PM »

Host Game Started

8:00 pm eastern time.....host tab

now you have to run down the football (scrolling) field - pick up a pizza...on your way back you stop part way and pick up a drink at the tiki stand....then run (or in my case with lag...crawl) back to the seat to be first to win the neon pizza sign.

Thanks Fun.  Giving out these pizza signs like candy! 

Hmm...get a drink at the bar and finish the race?   :drunk:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
Re: Host Game DONE
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 06:46 PM »

Alrighty....I got in there 3 times. All three times I had severe lag and froze during the race down near the pizza oven. Needless to say, I absolutely hate (with a passion) these host racing games  :bm: :mad:

By the time I unfreeze, and start heading back, they announce the winner.  Congrats to those that did win.  :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 07:06 PM »

Alrighty....I got in there 3 times. All three times I had severe lag and froze during the race down near the pizza oven. Needless to say, I absolutely hate (with a passion) these host racing games  :bm: :mad:

By the time I unfreeze, and start heading back, they announce the winner.  Congrats to those that did win.  :)
I got in once...and lost badly.  Surely they can do this kind of race in a room that doesn't scroll...

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:20 PM »

I got in once...and lost badly.  Surely they can do this kind of race in a room that doesn't scroll...

Yep.....did I mention I hate these racing games?  :lolg:

Tigerbella

• Or maybe I just watched too much tv as a kid...
    I love LAG.. I build for it
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 07:25 PM »

So are all of these racing games why I had so much lag tonight while building?! :laugh2: I did wonder....lol

Kim

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:52 PM »

Alrighty....I got in there 3 times.

I got in once

:wtf?: These past races for pizza I signed up my Mom's person and myself right when the room opens and its always full.  I wait all night, WHEN I COULD BE JUDGING ROOMS CAUSE I AM NOT GOING TO FINISH, and it checks, and checks, and checks, and checks, ..... all night long and then I NEVER get in.  VFK how can this be random?  :sb:  :rantsw:  :td:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 10:04 PM »

I got in once too, lost and fell over chair... :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 10:16 PM »

First, I wanted to say, as frustrating as it is, I really do think the queue is random. However, it was taking way too long for people to get in and out of games tonight. So, only 4 people in at a time - lots of chit chat and people hanging around after the race = lots of players not getting in. I also think some people are playing the queue. I was thinking about it tonight. If a person is getting ready to exit the Host room, they know a spot in the queue will be opening. So, I think some may be "entering queue" right as another one of their characters exits. (No, we don't do that, I am not coordinated enough -  :lolg: ) Just a thought for why we might see certain people and their clones always in these events.  :hmmmm: :??:

As for the races - ugh - give me a Host teleporter event any day!  :thumb: Heck, I'd build the darn rooms for them and they can call it a VFK room with nobody even knowing. That is how much I enjoy those events over the races. I think the idea of the races is cute. I thought it was a cute idea to click the oven and then the drink bar as a part of the race. The problem is there is so much lag and those scrolling rooms make it really difficult. I am still with Astro that their grid system is still not quite right. I wonder how many players see themselves winning on their computers when someone else is declared the winner. (Heck, we still have huge grid issues when playing Laser Tag, Night Fighters, and Space Pirates. I can be shooting at nothing and blow someone to bits, other times hitting someone dead on and do absolutely no damage.  :lolg: :doh: ) I also got in once tonight in between doing a few things here and lost miserably. That pizza oven does not like to give me my pizza.  :lolg: I applaud them for trying different things, but maybe let's really shake it up and have a consistent mix of races, Host Hunts, and telelporter/ride events. I really do miss ride events where we just get to ride through and preview new things then win something little at the end.

OK, wow, that was a really long post.  :lolg: Guess I had more to say about this than I thought.  :lolg: Hugs everybody!!! :bighug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 11:26 PM »

I gave up a long time ago trying to get in host rooms even though this time around I did try since my daughter likes the neon signs but like every other time I've tried I can never even get in a queue.  I still can't figure out how everyone manages to get in. 

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 11:36 AM »

First, I wanted to say, as frustrating as it is, I really do think the queue is random. However, it was taking way too long for people to get in and out of games tonight. So, only 4 people in at a time - lots of chit chat and people hanging around after the race = lots of players not getting in. I also think some people are playing the queue. I was thinking about it tonight. If a person is getting ready to exit the Host room, they know a spot in the queue will be opening. So, I think some may be "entering queue" right as another one of their characters exits. (No, we don't do that, I am not coordinated enough -  :lolg: ) Just a thought for why we might see certain people and their clones always in these events.  :hmmmm: :??:

As for the races - ugh - give me a Host teleporter event any day!  :thumb: Heck, I'd build the darn rooms for them and they can call it a VFK room with nobody even knowing. That is how much I enjoy those events over the races. I think the idea of the races is cute. I thought it was a cute idea to click the oven and then the drink bar as a part of the race. The problem is there is so much lag and those scrolling rooms make it really difficult. I am still with Astro that their grid system is still not quite right. I wonder how many players see themselves winning on their computers when someone else is declared the winner. (Heck, we still have huge grid issues when playing Laser Tag, Night Fighters, and Space Pirates. I can be shooting at nothing and blow someone to bits, other times hitting someone dead on and do absolutely no damage.  :lolg: :doh: ) I also got in once tonight in between doing a few things here and lost miserably. That pizza oven does not like to give me my pizza.  :lolg: I applaud them for trying different things, but maybe let's really shake it up and have a consistent mix of races, Host Hunts, and telelporter/ride events. I really do miss ride events where we just get to ride through and preview new things then win something little at the end.

OK, wow, that was a really long post.  :lolg: Guess I had more to say about this than I thought.  :lolg: Hugs everybody!!! :bighug:

+1

(uber short Flame post lol)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 01:46 PM »

I got in once

:wtf?: These past races for pizza I signed up my Mom's person and myself right when the room opens and its always full.  I wait all night, WHEN I COULD BE JUDGING ROOMS CAUSE I AM NOT GOING TO FINISH, and it checks, and checks, and checks, and checks, ..... all night long and then I NEVER get in.  VFK how can this be random?  :sb:  :rantsw:  :td:

I just happened to be on ahead of time and noticed the announcement on the Event Calendar - so I kept clicking and checking and got in twice before word was really out there in the game.  Other times, I never get in either.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59 PM »

+1

(uber short Flame post lol)

ROFL Flame   :rofl1:

I know this is a really old thread .... BUT, I'm behind ... and I just want to say I agree too.   :waveh:

HATE race games - period.  Glad I missed this ... pick up a pizza box AND a drink   :doh:    

I'm fine if VFK does a mix of events --- BUT... ALL WITH THE SAME PRIZE would be fantastic too.   :clap1:    This way those that have super fast computers can win at race games, those that are good at finding a host can win at that, and those that can run teleporter games can win those.     :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49 PM »

I got in once

I just happened to be on ahead of time and noticed the announcement on the Event Calendar - so I kept clicking and checking and got in twice before word was really out there in the game.  Other times, I never get in either.

Woot, wtg Fun, but I tried everytime they had a race and never got in so maybe I should just keep clicking the button instead of letting it check itself?

Heck, we still have huge grid issues when playing Laser Tag, Night Fighters, and Space Pirates. I can be shooting at nothing and blow someone to bits, other times hitting someone dead on and do absolutely no damage.  :lolg: :doh:I applaud them for trying different things, but maybe let's really shake it up and have a consistent mix of races, Host Hunts, and telelporter/ride events. I really do miss ride events where we just get to ride through and preview new things then win something little at the end.

Don't get me wrong, I do love that they are trying different things and wish for a mix as well (loved the ride rooms too cause its easier and can go your own pace), but I just don't see how I can never get in using the waiting line when I hear people getting in so much.  I know I don't have trillions of clones like some people do, but getting in at least once would be nice.  Even if its just to see the pretty decorated room and trying the game for fun.  I am sorry, but I still don't see how it could be random.  At least, in Magic, you knew where in line you stood (what number in line you were) and could watch it counting down.  I know tons of clones would fill the line, but at least you knew where you stood.  Ah well, maybe next time!  Congrats to all who did get in though!  :clapping:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 02:28 PM »

Maybe if I got my choice of drink at the Tiki Stand it would be a faster race for me! (at least until I got to the Tiki Stand)  :laugh2:  :drinkingtoast:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 03:25 PM »

Maybe if I got my choice of drink at the Tiki Stand it would be a faster race for me! (at least until I got to the Tiki Stand)  :laugh2:  :drinkingtoast:

LOL

:drunk:  <<---Flame on the left, Fish.i on the right  :P

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 03:54 PM »

LOL

:drunk:  <<---Flame on the left, Fish.i on the right  :P

LMAO @ you too.  To funny!  :roflmao:

Pages: [1]   Go Up