VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/2 VFK's Garden Room Contest  (Read 6377 times)

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
Re: 5/2 VFK's Garden Room Contest
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 09:24 AM »

So far in the other contest there has been a prize just for entering. Judging flag, pin, tshirt, that sort of thing.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 10:01 AM »

I have never done one of these contests so I'm wondering is there a prize at all for just entering or is it only for the winners?

Golden is right, we just don't know yet what the prizes will be this year.  Hopefully VFK will post them on the Homepage soon.

If you're interested, this is the thread of the screen shots, of the prizes from the last contest.  Also, the thread on what the prizes were for each category:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=4809.0

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=4678.0
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 02:41 PM »

Anyone else see a few serious problems with this contest?  They never did announce what the prizes will be!  Yet the 2nd Anniversary events have prizes announced.  What the.....?

Also, I think it's INCREDIBLY foolish to allow any character to submit a room.  You know there will be many people taking advantage of this...and submitting rooms for their many clones, in hopes that one of them will win.  This should have been run like the Ride Competition last year.  HUGE gaff IMHO.

We shall see.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 02:50 PM »

Anyone else see a few serious problems with this contest?  They never did announce what the prizes will be!  Yet the 2nd Anniversary events have prizes announced.  What the.....?

Also, I think it's INCREDIBLY foolish to allow any character to submit a room.  You know there will be many people taking advantage of this...and submitting rooms for their many clones, in hopes that one of them will win.  This should have been run like the Ride Competition last year.  HUGE gaff IMHO.

We shall see.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

- sigh -  (because VFK doesn't answer their Reports)   well, I've tried to ask VFK a few times about prizes anyway, or when they would be announced, or when winners would be announced/judging done - or when ANY competition info. would be announced.  No answers/responses.  Same, when I asked about all the racing day stuff....  no answers/responses.  blah

I don't think it's a big worry with the clones.  Because NONE of the pins, shirts, judging flags, rooms, etc. are even tradeable.  I guess that part doesn't really bother me, because a clone can't really do anything with the prize stuff anyway.  Provided it's run the same way with prizes like it was last year.  If they have buyable stuff for prizes again like last year ... not a big deal.

rooms aren't even really locked down, like last year from what I've heard.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 03:39 PM »

Anyone else see a few serious problems with this contest?  They never did announce what the prizes will be!  Yet the 2nd Anniversary events have prizes announced.  What the.....?

Also, I think it's INCREDIBLY foolish to allow any character to submit a room.  You know there will be many people taking advantage of this...and submitting rooms for their many clones, in hopes that one of them will win.  This should have been run like the Ride Competition last year.  HUGE gaff IMHO.

We shall see.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

- sigh -  (because VFK doesn't answer their Reports)   well, I've tried to ask VFK a few times about prizes anyway, or when they would be announced, or when winners would be announced/judging done - or when ANY competition info. would be announced.  No answers/responses.  Same, when I asked about all the racing day stuff....  no answers/responses.  blah

I don't think it's a big worry with the clones.  Because NONE of the pins, shirts, judging flags, rooms, etc. are even tradeable.  I guess that part doesn't really bother me, because a clone can't really do anything with the prize stuff anyway.  Provided it's run the same way with prizes like it was last year.  If they have buyable stuff for prizes again like last year ... not a big deal.

rooms aren't even really locked down, like last year from what I've heard.

I agree Astro, the prizes are probably NOT tradeable so it would not matter if someone's main or clone would win.  As for prizes, don't care if I win or not. If we only get a flag showing the rooms were judged that's fine with me.  From the start I make it easy on myself and figure I won't win with all the talent out there.  That allows me to just have fun building with less stress of trying to win.

I did 2 rooms just for the fun of building:  I entered funfly and my other main spare clone.  Both rooms are locked down; we can enter the room but can't change/move items in those rooms.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 04:56 PM »

Bummer Astro about the lack of a response.  Not surprising, though.  I forgot the prizes weren't tradeable.  I hope they keep them that way for this contest.  However, they do seem to be running it differently from the Ride Competition.  Sigh.  Let's hope.

My room is also locked, btw. 

Best of luck to everyone.  It would be nice to see some people from NOBS win whatever prizes they will give out.  Flame won't be one of those this time, though.  I made a room strictly for myself.  Something that pleased my eye and didn't take me alot of time.  :)

FLAME  <<--- :notme:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up