VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/2 VFK's Garden Room Contest  (Read 6395 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
5/2 VFK's Garden Room Contest
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:24 PM »

From the VFK Homepage:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: 5/2 VFK's Garden Room Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:11 PM »

Hugs and thanks for posting Astro!  :bighug: I haven't even started building yet, unless you count the building I've been doing in my mind. :lolg:

Good Luck to everyone! I hope we have lots of NoBS winners again!  :thumb: :dance2:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20 PM »

Thanks Astro. 

I'll enter...but I'll be building just for myself this time, and not really trying to compete.  After the months of awful blech happened with the ride competition awards the last time they had a competition, I don't really feel like taking a chance on having to go through that again.  Flame is still smoldering.  :uhuh2:

Best of luck to all.  Hope those who win an award actually get one.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:28 PM »

My only wish is that would have given us more time!!!  I know I know, they announced this a while ago....

....but I was waiting to make sure that they were completely done releasing items.  I was hoping to have the full month of May to work on this.

But I will be following Flame's lead on this one: building just for me, myself and my pleasure.  Nothing elaborate, just having some fun.

GL to all and get those creative juices going!!!

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:08 PM »

I'm okay with the fact that I won't be winning, I just wanted to finally enter a contest (and this one seemed do-able).

I have formally entered my room, which I finished last night.

If anyone would like to see it (Flamanette, even you can come, I have so little animation it won't dc you) just let me know.  Oh, and if anyone has any ideas about bettering the room, I am receptive to hearing them!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 01:59 PM »

I'm okay with the fact that I won't be winning, I just wanted to finally enter a contest (and this one seemed do-able).

If anyone would like to see it (Flamanette, even you can come, I have so little animation it won't dc you) just let me know.  Oh, and if anyone has any ideas about bettering the room, I am receptive to hearing them!

Did you enter the Ride Competition, Duck.i?  I thought you had a room.  My memory is fading, though...so I could be wrong.  I'd like to take a look at your room when you get time.  I've been rather ill for about a week now, but hopefully our paths will cross soon. 

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 02:34 PM »

Did you enter the Ride Competition, Duck.i?  I thought you had a room.  My memory is fading, though...so I could be wrong.  I'd like to take a look at your room when you get time.  I've been rather ill for about a week now, but hopefully our paths will cross soon. 

No, I did not enter any other contest.  That ride room had been built for Princess, who wanted to make a video with rainbow rooms.

Hope you feel better soon!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 03:24 PM »

Hugs to Flame, feeling crappy is...Blech!  :bighug:

Ducky, I had thought you had entered that room in the last contest - it was so beautiful! Plus, with all of the chaos here, I had totally forgotten about the rainbow video. I have all of those video clips ready to go. I remember I was having trouble because the music from the Muppet Movies were all not able to be played on YouTube, etc. so I was trying to figure out a way around it. I was trying to get the song on vinyl and then burn it to the computer.

However, VFK shouldn't be a problem. Hmmm, looks like I will be making a video after I get my garden room started. I have had a garden idea since they released that new moving room. I'm not sure it will be something of winning caliber, but it is something I am looking forward to creating. Like everyone above has said, that is really what it is about anyway. The contest is kind of nice, because it has caused me to make time to build, which is something I find so enjoyable and relaxing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:26 PM »

Ducky, I had thought you had entered that room in the last contest - it was so beautiful! Plus, with all of the chaos here, I had totally forgotten about the rainbow video. I have all of those video clips ready to go. I remember I was having trouble because the music from the Muppet Movies were all not able to be played on YouTube, etc. so I was trying to figure out a way around it. I was trying to get the song on vinyl and then burn it to the computer.

I never did find a way to let people get off the ride (still haven't), so I didn't enter.  But thank you all for thinking it was good enough to enter. :shy:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:51 PM »

I never did find a way to let people get off the ride (still haven't), so I didn't enter.  But thank you all for thinking it was good enough to enter. :shy:

Wish granted.  Place a start piece at the end of the ride ;)  Voila.  People will now be able to exit the ride.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:53 PM by flamanar »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 06:20 AM »

Wish granted.  Place a start piece at the end of the ride ;)  Voila.  People will now be able to exit the ride.

Thank you so much for trying to help Flame, but there is no end of the ride, and i cant find a place to make an end. ~giggles, I feel like the NoBS pet project~

I will not be adding that room to the group I hook up to Funfly's porter hub, for the same reason.  If anyone wants to take a stab at it, I would be very receptive to figuring a way off.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 11:11 AM »

Thank you so much for trying to help Flame, but there is no end of the ride, and i cant find a place to make an end. ~giggles, I feel like the NoBS pet project~

I will not be adding that room to the group I hook up to Funfly's porter hub, for the same reason.  If anyone wants to take a stab at it, I would be very receptive to figuring a way off.

If you have no ride end, people will not be able to get off...short of going back to the ride room again.  If there is a way, I haven't heard of it.

It sounds like your ride is a 'circuit'...like a continuous loop.  Continuous ride loops are just that:  continuous.  If there is no ride end, then there is no place to put the start piece to allow them to exit the ride.  I'd like to see it sometime, though.  I'm wondering if you can 'slide' a start piece inside a regular piece in the loop.  Never tried that before.  Maybe we can find each other ingame again soon.  Look for me tonight and I will do the same with you. :)

hugs

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:14 AM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 02:41 PM »

If you have no ride end, people will not be able to get off...short of going back to the ride room again.  If there is a way, I haven't heard of it.

It sounds like your ride is a 'circuit'...like a continuous loop.  Continuous ride loops are just that:  continuous.  If there is no ride end, then there is no place to put the start piece to allow them to exit the ride.  I'd like to see it sometime, though.  I'm wondering if you can 'slide' a start piece inside a regular piece in the loop.  Never tried that before.  Maybe we can find each other ingame again soon.  Look for me tonight and I will do the same with you. :)

hugs

You can add or slide a start piece in place of any other regular piece. In one of my rides I placed a start piece half way through the ride in that room - as long as I am clicking in the open space near the inserted start piece I can exit and then re-enter the ride in that same inserted start piece.  (Just be sure to click before your avatar passes by the inserted start piece)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 03:39 PM »

You can add or slide a start piece in place of any other regular piece. In one of my rides I placed a start piece half way through the ride in that room - as long as I am clicking in the open space near the inserted start piece I can exit and then re-enter the ride in that same inserted start piece.  (Just be sure to click before your avatar passes by the inserted start piece)

I love it when I guess right :)  Awesome to know Fun, thx!  I might have to play with that on a future ride...if I ever get time to build again.  lol. ;)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 05:36 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas about how to get off my ride.

I took some time yesterday and by cutting off access to part of the ( sniff ) purple petal, was able to use a turn piece that puts you on a starter, and off the ride.

At least now I can add it to the rooms that I am going to connect to Funfly's hub!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 11:20 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas about how to get off my ride.

I took some time yesterday and by cutting off access to part of the ( sniff ) purple petal, was able to use a turn piece that puts you on a starter, and off the ride.

At least now I can add it to the rooms that I am going to connect to Funfly's hub!

Awesome Duck.i.  Still looking forward to seeing that room.  Sorry I couldn't hook up with you the other night.  I haven't been on much at all lately.  Still ill.  Getting worse...which is just grand.  not.

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 07:54 AM »

I have never done one of these contests so I'm wondering is there a prize at all for just entering or is it only for the winners?  I thought about entering but I haven't even started and I have no idea what to even put as my title or description...ugh. 

Oh Flame I hope you are starting to feel better.

Ducky, I'd love to see your room. :) I haven't been on much though this week...been busy and it's a busy weekend with my daughter's b-day party and then Mother's Day but hopefully I'll catch you on line sometime so I can see it. 

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 09:24 AM »

So far in the other contest there has been a prize just for entering. Judging flag, pin, tshirt, that sort of thing.
-PotOfGoldWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 10:01 AM »

I have never done one of these contests so I'm wondering is there a prize at all for just entering or is it only for the winners?

Golden is right, we just don't know yet what the prizes will be this year.  Hopefully VFK will post them on the Homepage soon.

If you're interested, this is the thread of the screen shots, of the prizes from the last contest.  Also, the thread on what the prizes were for each category:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=4809.0

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=4678.0

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 02:41 PM »

Anyone else see a few serious problems with this contest?  They never did announce what the prizes will be!  Yet the 2nd Anniversary events have prizes announced.  What the.....?

Also, I think it's INCREDIBLY foolish to allow any character to submit a room.  You know there will be many people taking advantage of this...and submitting rooms for their many clones, in hopes that one of them will win.  This should have been run like the Ride Competition last year.  HUGE gaff IMHO.

We shall see.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 02:50 PM »

Anyone else see a few serious problems with this contest?  They never did announce what the prizes will be!  Yet the 2nd Anniversary events have prizes announced.  What the.....?

Also, I think it's INCREDIBLY foolish to allow any character to submit a room.  You know there will be many people taking advantage of this...and submitting rooms for their many clones, in hopes that one of them will win.  This should have been run like the Ride Competition last year.  HUGE gaff IMHO.

We shall see.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

- sigh -  (because VFK doesn't answer their Reports)   well, I've tried to ask VFK a few times about prizes anyway, or when they would be announced, or when winners would be announced/judging done - or when ANY competition info. would be announced.  No answers/responses.  Same, when I asked about all the racing day stuff....  no answers/responses.  blah

I don't think it's a big worry with the clones.  Because NONE of the pins, shirts, judging flags, rooms, etc. are even tradeable.  I guess that part doesn't really bother me, because a clone can't really do anything with the prize stuff anyway.  Provided it's run the same way with prizes like it was last year.  If they have buyable stuff for prizes again like last year ... not a big deal.

rooms aren't even really locked down, like last year from what I've heard.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 03:39 PM »

Anyone else see a few serious problems with this contest?  They never did announce what the prizes will be!  Yet the 2nd Anniversary events have prizes announced.  What the.....?

Also, I think it's INCREDIBLY foolish to allow any character to submit a room.  You know there will be many people taking advantage of this...and submitting rooms for their many clones, in hopes that one of them will win.  This should have been run like the Ride Competition last year.  HUGE gaff IMHO.

We shall see.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

- sigh -  (because VFK doesn't answer their Reports)   well, I've tried to ask VFK a few times about prizes anyway, or when they would be announced, or when winners would be announced/judging done - or when ANY competition info. would be announced.  No answers/responses.  Same, when I asked about all the racing day stuff....  no answers/responses.  blah

I don't think it's a big worry with the clones.  Because NONE of the pins, shirts, judging flags, rooms, etc. are even tradeable.  I guess that part doesn't really bother me, because a clone can't really do anything with the prize stuff anyway.  Provided it's run the same way with prizes like it was last year.  If they have buyable stuff for prizes again like last year ... not a big deal.

rooms aren't even really locked down, like last year from what I've heard.

I agree Astro, the prizes are probably NOT tradeable so it would not matter if someone's main or clone would win.  As for prizes, don't care if I win or not. If we only get a flag showing the rooms were judged that's fine with me.  From the start I make it easy on myself and figure I won't win with all the talent out there.  That allows me to just have fun building with less stress of trying to win.

I did 2 rooms just for the fun of building:  I entered funfly and my other main spare clone.  Both rooms are locked down; we can enter the room but can't change/move items in those rooms.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 04:56 PM »

Bummer Astro about the lack of a response.  Not surprising, though.  I forgot the prizes weren't tradeable.  I hope they keep them that way for this contest.  However, they do seem to be running it differently from the Ride Competition.  Sigh.  Let's hope.

My room is also locked, btw. 

Best of luck to everyone.  It would be nice to see some people from NOBS win whatever prizes they will give out.  Flame won't be one of those this time, though.  I made a room strictly for myself.  Something that pleased my eye and didn't take me alot of time.  :)

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up