VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bandit Shootout  (Read 11373 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Bandit Shootout
« on: April 29, 2010, 03:54 PM »

A new mission was put into the featured missions late last night called Bandit Village Part 1 and you can find info about it in the newspaper (under the stories section).

Hello citizens. It's time to unholster your Pea Shooter! Cinco de Mayo is celebrated on the 5th of May, and we're all ready with a fantastic Mexican-themed mission complete with an exciting rare item giveaway for you if you complete the mission. Primarily a Mexican regional holiday, it is now also celebrated within the USA, particularly in U.S. cities with a significant Mexican population.

Battle the Bandits & Claim your Rare Sacred Cow Skull!

As soon as you arrive at the Bandit Village mission, you"ll find yourself looking very Mexican indeed - a sombrero will appear upon your head!

Grab Your Pea Shooter

You'll be given a Pea Shooter (check your inventory) and believe me you'll need it.  There are wild bandits everywhere, and they'll be trying to shoot YOU!

The mission is set within a Mexican-style film set. Evil bandits (a posse of wicked NPCs) have stolen all the sacred cow skulls, and it's your job to shoot them all and get them back.  Are you ready for a whole lot of fun?  Be careful, those bandits are pretty good shots! Make sure you have your speakers turned on - there's lots of music and great sound effects which really add to the atmosphere.

Get your very own Rare Sacred Cow Skull

Complete the mission and you'll be awarded with your very own sacred cow skull. This is a rare item and will look fantastic displayed in your space. You can only get this by completing this mission, and the mission is open for a limited time only.

I wanted to help Happy get caught up, but wasn't sure where to post this so I put it here.  Good luck throwing peas at the bandits.  LOL!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Bandit Shootout
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:26 PM »

Thank you for caring to help Krazy :thumb: , I have been too, when I remember to look.  :shy:

Where we are looking to post, is in the "SW Blog" section of this board.

When you are on the login page, you will see three 'columns' just below the login section.  The first column on the left, is a blog entry.  That is what we want to post, as it gives both info of any new missions, and/or new items of interest.  In this case the blog is sporting info about new clothes and items to go with the mission - it is not just the mission info.  You will need to click on the "Read More" in order to open up the entire blog to be copied.

I am going  to get that blog set up and posted (in the SW Blog section).  Whether you do it like Happy does, all the writing and then add the pics in to support it, or, as I do, which is to copy the literal blog and post that, doesn't matter.  Just so long as we get both story and pics.

Check out the SW Blog section here, look at some that each of us has posted, and you will see what I mean, about what gets put in as info.

Again, thanks for the help, we all can use it!

PS: We will leave in your post, and right where it is, as that is a good spot for that story.  Its just we want to capture the blog info at least, and if more can be done, as you have provided, all the better.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:43 PM »

I am still a bit clueless on posting pics that is why I wrote the meat of the story here, but I will try to remember to put it in the blog section.  Thanks!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 10:02 AM »

Thanks, Krazy :)  I did this mission, and it was challenging, but fun.  The pea shooter is also a nice way to turn people green...to make Fish.i happy ;)  lol

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 07:22 PM »

Thanks, Krazy :)  I did this mission, and it was challenging, but fun.  The pea shooter is also a nice way to turn people green...to make Fish.i happy ;)  lol

LOL, I just got this post now Flame.  Yw, and I to think its a fun mission, but I hate that after the first time it wants you to buy the bombs to throw at the guys.  I think they should still give the bomb to you since it says it in the game that it will.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 08:09 PM »

LOL, I just got this post now Flame.  Yw, and I to think its a fun mission, but I hate that after the first time it wants you to buy the bombs to throw at the guys.  I think they should still give the bomb to you since it says it in the game that it will.

No wonder I couldn't get any more bombs!  Blech :(

SnowFall

• Barrel Chair
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:51 AM »

Guess we just have to buy a bomb supply!!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19 AM »

Guess we just have to buy a bomb supply!!

Yeah, but I don't like that we have to waste our money to make the money.  Kind of defeats the purpose.  :td:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:53 AM »

Yes, but like the other quests, it looks like they keep track of who has already received bombs.  If they were to keep giving out free bombs after you played the first time, they wouldn't be able to sell any in the store.  Still, they should change the description to say that you only get bombs the first time you play.  I know that the Holy Grail mission says you need a health staff or valentine potion or something to play the game.  Not sure why they don't do the same on the bandit mission.  There is one or 2 other missions that also say you'll receive an 'item' when you complete them...but that's only the first time, also.

Ah well...I don't play that mission anymore anyways ;)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 01:49 PM »

Yes, but like the other quests, it looks like they keep track of who has already received bombs.  If they were to keep giving out free bombs after you played the first time, they wouldn't be able to sell any in the store.  Still, they should change the description to say that you only get bombs the first time you play.  I know that the Holy Grail mission says you need a health staff or valentine potion or something to play the game.  Not sure why they don't do the same on the bandit mission.  There is one or 2 other missions that also say you'll receive an 'item' when you complete them...but that's only the first time, also.

Yeah Easter Mission is the same way, but they don't charge you anything to finish the mission.  Plus you can still buy bombs in the store cause the mission only gives you one to finish the mission at the beginning, but like you said it doesn't tell you its a one time deal and that you must supply your own bombs after that.  If I buy the bombs in the stores I don't want to waste them playing a mission cause I want to use then when I want to use them.  I play other missions as well so its all good.  LOL!  ;)  :lolg:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 02:42 PM »

Another option is to send a message to the mission maker asking them to update the mission description ;)  Really though...there's tons of better missions out there. :)

Yeah Easter Mission is the same way, but they don't charge you anything to finish the mission.  Plus you can still buy bombs in the store cause the mission only gives you one to finish the mission at the beginning, but like you said it doesn't tell you its a one time deal and that you must supply your own bombs after that.  If I buy the bombs in the stores I don't want to waste them playing a mission cause I want to use then when I want to use them.  I play other missions as well so its all good.  LOL!  ;)  :lolg:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:56 PM »

The Ahmoses Gem hunt still gives a diamond each time a player completes it.
The Break Out 3 Mission that goes in the sewer still gives a purple glow stick each time a player completes it.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:26 PM »

The Break Out 3 Mission that goes in the sewer still gives a purple glow stick each time a player completes it.

Hey thanks, Happy.  Didn't know that!  I gotta get some more glow sticks in the sewer ;)  LOL.  That sounds so wrong...  :shy:

The Gem hunt is blech.  Hated it and will not do it again.   :uhuh2:   :laugh2:

I have a few threads from the SW forum bookmarked that list high-paying missions.  Some are high XP.  Some are high tokens.  I refer to them...constantly ;)  The Belles mission is a little frustrating at times, but the girls are a lot of fun :)  And the payout is...wow!...LOL
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:27 PM by flamanar »

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 02:57 PM »

Yup, I have done those as well.  :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 03:26 PM »

The Belles mission is a little frustrating at times

If you are unable to find a Belle....send them a pm.  I try to be on even if afk to assist when  people tell me---they need to shoot me.   :notme:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 03:43 PM »

LOL.  Good tip.  I always PM them if I have to and they're on.  I try not to do the mission until alot of them are on, though.  Last time I did that, I only had to wait for one :)  NICE payout...  :dance2:  And nice girls, too :)  It helps that they've added girls, too.

The Belles mission is a little frustrating at times

If you are unable to find a Belle....send them a pm.  I try to be on even if afk to assist when  people tell me---they need to shoot me.   :notme:

Pages: [1]   Go Up